Church Handbook - search function?


NeedleinA
 Share

Recommended Posts

Either I'm blind or it does not exist but does anyone know how to 'search' for items on the Church's website but only inside of the Handbook?
If I'm looking for certain things that I know are in the Handbook, the only search feature I see is generic to the entire Church's website, not specific to the Handbook.

Any insight?
Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know of any way.  And I've been ticked off about it for a few years now.  In like 2017, the church website had a killer search function that performed beautifully.  And we've been stuck with this nonsense ever since.  [grumble grumble]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went to the search function and typed in "Ghost."  A whole lot of items from all over popped up.   But right under the search bar, I have a horizontal list of sources I can choose to search from and handbook is one of the options.  I clicked that and it narrowed the list down considerably.  Is that what you're looking for?

image.png.b165da10cdb1569955a0f0194941a96f.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

I don't know of any way.  And I've been ticked off about it for a few years now.  In like 2017, the church website had a killer search function that performed beautifully.  And we've been stuck with this nonsense ever since.  [grumble grumble]

Yeah; it seems like every time they update the church website whoever does it tends to fix more than they break. 

Basically, once an update goes live, it's 6 - 12 months before the site regains full functionality. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

Either I'm blind or it does not exist but does anyone know how to 'search' for items on the Church's website but only inside of the Handbook?
If I'm looking for certain things that I know are in the Handbook, the only search feature I see is generic to the entire Church's website, not specific to the Handbook.

Any insight?
Thanks in advance.

I might as well come clean. Passionate Service Leader is not a real calling. I made it up as a joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dprh said:

I went to the search function and typed in "Ghost."  A whole lot of items from all over popped up.   But right under the search bar, I have a horizontal list of sources I can choose to search from and handbook is one of the options.  I clicked that and it narrowed the list down considerably.  Is that what you're looking for?

Yes, that was perfect. Thank you.

42 minutes ago, Vort said:

Have you tried a site-specific search from a search engine? E.g.

Sorry, I was looking for search capability once already on the Church's website vs via an outside search engine.
What you shared is a different cool trick I was unaware of though, so thank you also!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Yes, that was perfect. Thank you.

I feel like I should explain my choice of "ghost" to search :)  Looking at my post again, I can see that was probably a peculiar word to use.

I wanted something I knew would be in the Handbook as well as other places and my first thought was "Holy Ghost."  But then I thought, "what about just Holy?"  Third thought, I wonder if there's anything about ghost that doesn't refer to the Holy Ghost :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share