Disney wokeness

NeuroTypical

The carriage dispute between Disney and Spectrum has been resolved... sort of. 

ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN, ESPN 2, FX, and National Geographic have returned to the airwaves. 

But Spectrum will be removing FXX, FXM, Disney Junior, Disney XD (formerly Jetix), National Geographic Wild, National Geographic Mundo, and Freeform (formerly The Family Channel) from their offerings. 

Spectrum will offer Disney+ to select customers to compensate. 

I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone lost here. 

8 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

Ugh! What does the bear’s race have to do with anything?

7 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

Winnie-the-Pooh getting a shakedown for not paying for his honey habit

4 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

Bear from Song of the South holds Magic Kingdom hostage after being “erased from Disney history”

@mordorbund shouldn’t you get a life or something?

• 2 weeks later...

17 hours ago, Phoenix_person said:

While this is commendable, I feel it's worth noting that this is roughly the equivalent of me donating $4 of my monthly income to charity.

18 hours ago, mirkwood said:

That's commendable, but they are still woke.

Missed @mirkwoods post. Disney can’t win. The right and left both use Disney as a whipping boy. 

23 hours ago, LDSGator said:

That's commendable, unless one of the LGBTQ-friendly organizations helps minor children get gender-affirming surgery they will regret the rest of their lives, against their parent's wishes, and in that case Disney is horrible and must be destroyed.   

45 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

Disney can’t win. The right and left both use Disney as a whipping boy. 

😉  (Just wanted to join in the fun of opining!)

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

That's commendable, unless one of the LGBTQ-friendly organizations helps minor children get gender-affirming surgery they will regret the rest of their lives, against their parent's wishes, and in that case Disney is horrible and must be destroyed.   

😉  (Just wanted to join in the fun of opining!)

Lol! Believe it or not I like reading all opinions about Disney. 

On 10/2/2023 at 7:02 PM, Phoenix_person said:

While this is commendable, I feel it's worth noting that this is roughly the equivalent of me donating $4 of my monthly income to charity.

I guess, but I don't feel a need to put a "but" when recognizing something good.  They donate to Charity.  That's awesome.   I'm thankful they give back some of their profits to the community.  Many people don't.

2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Here's a video I didn't know was out there until today:

The video was leaked to Rufo within days of it being recorded, and quickly spread across the internet from there. 

She and her defenders tried to walk it back as a joke on her part, but by then people had already taken it lethally seriously. It's given partial blame for the Lightyear movie being such a catastrophic failure and may have been why Strange World was set up to fail, as both had LGBT elements and people were not in the mood for it.