The Face Of Jesus

Snow

Posted Image

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/12/25...esus/index.html

I was reading an article about the upcoming expedition to find Noah's Ark, which supposedly is partially exposed because of the recent heat wave in Turkey - no word on whether they expect to find the skeleton of a talking donkey... But, that led to a link about the recently found burial box linked to Jesus - which turned out to be a fraud... which led to this old article on what the REAL Jesus looked like

... which of course is total nonsense unless we assume that all 1st century Jews looked alike, in which case all 21st century Americans probably are the spitting image of Larry Bird.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading an article about the upcoming expedition to find Noah's Ark, which supposedly is partially exposed because of the recent heat wave in Turkey -

If the ark exists, once the wood is exposed to the air, it will crumble in their hands like dust... the cells of the wood will have deteriorated to being "fluff" that will be crushed to the touch. The only way to recover a piece of wood such as the ark is to isolate it in "foam" and then re-saturate the wood cells by soaking the wood with chemicals to harden to wood to a point that it might be "touchable". That would take 10+ years of continuous soaking.

It would be interesting, though, to see pictures of the construction of the ark. The boards of the ark were probably sewn together with rope rather than using nails as we imagine it to be.

But, that led to a link about the recently found burial box linked to Jesus - which turned out to be a fraud...

Actually, the ossuary box is not a fraud. The second inscription is brought into question, but the first inscription is not being questioned.

which led to this old article on what the REAL Jesus looked like

... which of course is total nonsense unless we assume that all 1st century Jews looked alike, in which case all 21st century Americans probably are the spitting image of Larry Bird.

I don't look like Larry Bird.

~serapha~

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Luzia+Apr 28 2004, 03:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Luzia @ Apr 28 2004, 03:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@Apr 28 2004, 04:13 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if Christ  just came today?

Heh, I probably would be petrified.

No you wouldn't. :D;)

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Cal+Apr 28 2004, 03:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Apr 28 2004, 03:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@Apr 26 2004, 10:45 PM

Well that is not what Jesus looks like.

Really! And what did he look like the last time you SAW him?

Like the picture with the red robe....facing towards my left.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Cal+Apr 28 2004, 03:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Apr 28 2004, 03:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@Apr 28 2004, 03:13 PM

No, not really. I'm looking forward to the NBA playoffs. :rolleyes:

Matt. 24: 38

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Moses 8: 21

21 And also, after that they had heard him, they came up before him, saying: Behold, we are the sons of God; have we not taken unto ourselves the daughters of men? And are we not eating and drinking, and marrying and giving in marriage? And our wives bear unto us children, and the same are mighty men, which are like unto men of old, men of great renown. And they hearkened not unto the words of Noah.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Cal+Apr 28 2004, 03:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Apr 28 2004, 03:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@Apr 26 2004, 10:45 PM

It seems that every culture creates their Gods to look like they do.

Actually you have that backwards....It is the God who creates us to look like HIM>>>>LOL

Originally posted by Starsky@Apr 28 2004, 04:43 PM

Really! And what did he look like the last time you SAW him?

Like the picture with the red robe....facing towards my left.

So you've seen Jesus, face to face, person to person?

Originally posted by Starsky@Apr 28 2004, 04:46 PM

No, not really. I'm looking forward to the NBA playoffs. :rolleyes:

Matt. 24: 38

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Moses 8: 21

21 And also, after that they had heard him, they came up before him, saying: Behold, we are the sons of God; have we not taken unto ourselves the daughters of men? And are we not eating and drinking, and marrying and giving in marriage? And our wives bear unto us children, and the same are mighty men, which are like unto men of old, men of great renown. And they hearkened not unto the words of Noah.

So let's see..... we can't eat (so we starve), we can't drink (so we die of thirst), we can't marry ( so we can't procreate--since fornication is out of the question) and we can't "give in marriage" what ever that is supposed to mean.

You are a real kill-joy. I wouldn't even want to be living like that. You can take that life style and ...... :o

Originally posted by Starsky@Apr 28 2004, 04:48 PM

It seems that every culture creates their Gods to look like they do.

Actually you have that backwards....It is the God who creates us to look like HIM>>>>LOL

Is your God a physical schizophrenic? Every culture has a difference image of him? So which is the real God? Will he please stand up!

Originally posted by Jenda+Apr 28 2004, 06:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Apr 28 2004, 06:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@Apr 28 2004, 03:13 PM

<span style=\'color:purple\'>YES!!!!!

Why?

Originally posted by Luzia@Apr 29 2004, 06:13 PM

Never said that helps us to know what he looks like, just said that we once watched him face to face.

*shrugs*

Heh.

By the way, how do you know that? All we can say from the scriptures is that Jesus proposed a plan to God and God rejected Satan's plan. And we accepted Jesus'. Where does it say we saw Jesus face to face? Isn't that more of an assumption than a fact? We don't really know it do we? Should we presume to know things that the scriptures themselves don't say? Shouldn't we, in the spirit of respect for truth, acknowledge the difference between what we can claim to "know" from the scriptures and what we surmise?

Probably you are right. I am way too tired to look up the scriptures to think about it, but I was just being annoying because people need to chill out a bit, every thread I have seen has turned into some kind of argument.

I don`t know.

Love everyone and just be happy.

Originally posted by Cal+Apr 29 2004, 05:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Apr 29 2004, 05:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Originally posted by -Jenda@Apr 28 2004, 06:01 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Starsky@Apr 28 2004, 03:13 PM

<span style=\'color:purple\'>YES!!!!!

Why?

Because it would be. Christ will come back when the world is ready for him, when a people have prepared a place for him. When He comes, Zion will come again, and He will reign there for 1000 years.

Some of us really believe this and pray for it daily. I am one of them.