How will you follow the Prophet’s Counsel?

Fether

10 minutes ago, dprh said:

Can you expound on that?  What risks are increased by wearing a mask?

image.thumb.png.9f83671880b0919dc74c06116c1850ee.png

In the state of KY where I live, parents who wanted their children to wear a mask in school had to fill out this form.  Then the Governor decided to issue a mandate requiring masking in schools.  Check out the "I acknowledge" statements.

Edited by person0

45 minutes ago, person0 said:

image.thumb.png.9f83671880b0919dc74c06116c1850ee.png

In the state of KY where I live, parents who wanted their children to wear a mask in school had to fill out this form.  Then the Governor decided to issue a mandate requiring masking in schools.  Check out the "I acknowledge" statements.

You had specifically mentioned mental illness.  I don't see anything in that form about that.  The only risks I see mentioned are "chocking, suffocation, or strangulation."  

I did a quick Google search for "have any children choked on face mask" and the things that come up was a story about a face mask that somehow made it into a chicken mcnugget.  

While I believe there is some tiny measurable benefit to populations masking in public, I also believe masking children is beyond stupid.  We are very lucky with this virus, because it basically ignores children.  In 2016, 636 kids under 12 died in auto accidents.   Between 3/20 and 2/21, 25 kids under 18 died of COVID. 

And when it comes to elementary school age kids, you're wasting your time trying to get them to mask up.  Kiddos are germy little booger factories that are basically a small conveyor belt of everything within reach directly into their mucus membranes.  And then they cough/spit/breathe/spew/emit particles in every direction.  Some say it gets better in middle school, but many of us know it gets worse. :) 

To paraphrase an old saying, one kid gives you one mask, two kids give you about half a mask, and three kids give you no masks at all. 

1 hour ago, dprh said:

You had specifically mentioned mental illness.  I don't see anything in that form about that.  The only risks I see mentioned are "chocking, suffocation, or strangulation."  

I did a quick Google search for "have any children choked on face mask" and the things that come up was a story about a face mask that somehow made it into a chicken mcnugget.  

There are several abstracts citing issues related to mask wearing, but all the evidence seems to be anecdotal.   

I have decided to continue to follow the First Presidency's request despite my opinions on the medical efficacy of so doing.  It may well turn out that the only reason for the request is the practice of obedience.  I will be obedient in this small thing, and hope it will strengthen me in the event I am asked to do more difficult things in the future.

Edited by person0

19 hours ago, person0 said:

I have decided to continue to follow the First Presidency's request despite my opinions on the medical efficacy of so doing.  It may well turn out that the only reason for the request is the practice of obedience.  I will be obedient in this small thing, and hope it will strengthen me in the event I am asked to do more difficult things in the future.

Got my first shot on Monday.

Dang it made my arm sore!

I had the J&J shot on Wed.  Very slight arm and low back pain.  I did get to clear out 10 of my compliance work e-mails (which was a relief).

Still have to wear a mask...

Just down the street, we have 8-10 year olds running around a soccer field for PE, in 100F heat with smoke from nearby forest fires wearing masks.

Feeling very good about our decision to home school.

4 hours ago, The Folk Prophet said:

Got my first shot on Monday.

Dang it made my arm sore!

The second Pfizer laid me flat for a couple of days.  I’m mostly good now (this was some months ago), except for some reason I have this  insatiable urge to vote for Joe Biden.  It’s probably nothing . .   

Just now, Just_A_Guy said:

The second Pfizer laid me flat for a couple of days.  I’m mostly good now (this was some months ago), except for some reason I have this  insatiable urge to vote for Joe Biden.  It’s probably nothing . .   

Crap. I am NOT looking forward to voting for Biden!

Oh...wait...I meant Harris.

17 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Just wait until you get the booster.  You'll suddenly find a Subaru in your driveway ;) 

On 8/26/2021 at 5:47 PM, person0 said:

It can be tough, right?   I don't struggle with this, but there are many things I do struggle with.   Oddly, even in my short time I've seen talks ease certain concerns I've had with more light.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:26 AM, Grunt said:

It can be tough, right?   I don't struggle with this, but there are many things I do struggle with.   Oddly, even in my short time I've seen talks ease certain concerns I've had with more light.

I think its not just the talks that ease the concerns - it's the attitude and faith with which they are listened to.