Ward building spring cleaning - help!

NeuroTypical

As of last week, my ward building is now home to a third ward for the first time in it's existence.  It's forced a bit of cleaning.  We've chucked endless old manuals, shredded oodles of records, discarded tons of old photos of old ward activities featuring faces nobody recognizes.  I hauled out an old typewriter into the hall, and gave it to the first youth whose eyes grew big at the realization of what I was holding - after extracting the solemn promise never to bring the thing back into the building.  

I don't know what to do with a large box of this stuff:

image.png.b4138a81ee49957eed3c7483e4418335.png

I can't interest anyone in these.  The Duty To God stuff was ended in 2019.  The top middle is an "On My Honor" award - no more LDS scouting.  The Faith In God program seems to have been replaced by the Personal Development Children's Guidebooks, and the medallions aren't handed out any more.  

What should I do with these?  The Duty To God medallions are quite nice - in a wooden box and everything.  I've sat in my clerk's office, looking at these things for 6+ years, they must leave the building permanently.  

Halp?

Ugh, clerks' offices do tend to collect clutter that no one knows what to do with.  Good work getting it tidied up!

You could give the wooden boxes to the YW/YM/primary presidents to use for the new necklaces and rings.

List the rest on eBay and put the $0.25 raised in a local missionary's account :D 

That's the answer!   I didn't just wanna stick 'em on Ebay, because that was a bit too close to 'the sale of stolen goods' for my liking.

But I can stick all this on eBay, see what sells, and then write a check to the missionary program!  I'll run that past the bishop - I'm sure he'll be happy.

Because, dang: 

image.png.50ac4d9c7d115d31ddc1d194609c0b64.png

I dunno about the DTG medallions, but I have been known to use the other three medals (I earned all of them as a kid) as part of a Halloween costume a few years back when my wife and I were “Zombie Anna and Elsa’s Parents”.

But the less said about that year, the better . . .

7 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

As of last week, my ward building is now home to a third ward for the first time in it's existence.  It's forced a bit of cleaning.  We've chucked endless old manuals, shredded oodles of records, discarded tons of old photos of old ward activities featuring faces nobody recognizes.  I hauled out an old typewriter into the hall, and gave it to the first youth whose eyes grew big at the realization of what I was holding - after extracting the solemn promise never to bring the thing back into the building.  

I don't know what to do with a large box of this stuff:

image.png.b4138a81ee49957eed3c7483e4418335.png

I can't interest anyone in these.  The Duty To God stuff was ended in 2019.  The top middle is an "On My Honor" award - no more LDS scouting.  The Faith In God program seems to have been replaced by the Personal Development Children's Guidebooks, and the medallions aren't handed out any more.  

What should I do with these?  The Duty To God medallions are quite nice - in a wooden box and everything.  I've sat in my clerk's office, looking at these things for 6+ years, they must leave the building permanently.  

Halp?

Create a time capsule and burry the stuff with other stuff to be opened in 100 years.  Make and keep record of exactly where exactly the time capsule was burried.

The Traveler

I'll buy the Faith in God and On my Honor medals from you.  My younger daughter finished the Faith in God award just before they discontinued its use in Scouts. Even so, at the time there was no award for it other than the certificate in the back of the book (pretty lame, if you ask me).  It'd be nice to give her _something_ to acknowledge the award.  

The On My Honor award (top middle) is one that I earned as a youth. I still wear it on formal occasions, because I was never eligible to earn it as an adult.  It'd be nice to have a spare in case mine wears out.

Send me a message if you still have them. 

3 hours ago, MarginOfError said:

I'll buy the Faith in God and On my Honor medals from you.  My younger daughter finished the Faith in God award just before they discontinued its use in Scouts. Even so, at the time there was no award for it other than the certificate in the back of the book (pretty lame, if you ask me).  It'd be nice to give her _something_ to acknowledge the award.  

The On My Honor award (top middle) is one that I earned as a youth. I still wear it on formal occasions, because I was never eligible to earn it as an adult.  It'd be nice to have a spare in case mine wears out.

Send me a message if you still have them. 

The adult OMH was a medal work around the neck, no?

(I technically did earn mine—finished the interview and everything—but we never actually ordered the physical award or did a recognition ceremony, so it never felt right adding the knot to my uniform.  It was just one of those things I figured we’d get around to doing sooner or later . . .)

1 hour ago, Just_A_Guy said:

The adult OMH was a medal work around the neck, no?

(I technically did earn mine—finished the interview and everything—but we never actually ordered the physical award or did a recognition ceremony, so it never felt right adding the knot to my uniform.  It was just one of those things I figured we’d get around to doing sooner or later . . .)

yes.  Most of the religious emblems for adults are worn around the neck.  The On my Honor adult award was around the neck, and the new award for LDS scouts is also a pin for youth and a medallion around the neck for adults.

28 minutes ago, MarginOfError said:

yes.  Most of the religious emblems for adults are worn around the neck.  The On my Honor adult award was around the neck, and the new award for LDS scouts is also a pin for youth and a medallion around the neck for adults.

There’s a new one?