3.5 Trillion spending bill

mikbone

6 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

My old college buddy figured he had a bulletproof solution to the whole thing.   Once things got bad, we'd just dissolve the union and re-incorporate under new ownership.

"You want to redeem your bonds?  I'm sorry, this is the Confederated Federation of Northern Mexico.  We know nothing of this 'united states' of which you speak."

He figured we'd have to remain the world's strongest superpower to pull it off.  Otherwise, our creditors might figure they could pull off a nationwide repo effort.

I don't think it works the way he thinks it works.  Many a nation still owe the debts the former governments had and former rulers had, even if they, themselves, did not want such debts.

Then the other complication is that much of the debt (though much is also owed to foreign interests) are owed directly to their own citizens who have bought parts of that debt and hope to be repaid.  Many Banks get into this process using the funds that people have deposited as savings. 

I think it may be a little more complex than just rebranding a nation and saying they are now someone else.

Funny thought though.

On 9/8/2021 at 9:37 AM, mirkwood said:

Expand please.

Impressions from D&C 87

6 And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full fend of all nations;

7 That the cry of the saints, and of the blood of the saints, shall cease to come up into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, from the earth, to be avenged of their enemies.

This prophesy is generally understood to foretell of the Civil War - that was somewhat already expected when this revelation was given.   For the most part the Saints avoided the Civil war but ever since the Saints have been much invested.  It appears that the prophetic wars will continue until the collapse  of "all" nations - which will end the shedding of the blood of the Saints.  I have additional impressions concerning this particular prophesy (section 87) that apply to things currently unfolding but I will leave such up to those that read the scriptures.

The Traveler

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

Impressions from D&C 87

This prophesy is generally understood to foretell of the Civil War - that was somewhat already expected when this revelation was given.   For the most part the Saints avoided the Civil war but ever since the Saints have been much invested.  It appears that the prophetic wars will continue until the collapse  of "all" nations - which will end the shedding of the blood of the Saints.  I have additional impressions concerning this particular prophesy (section 87) that apply to things currently unfolding but I will leave such up to those that read the scriptures.

The Traveler

May I suggest you read The Coming of The Lord by Gerald Lund.  It will add a great deal of information on the topic.