Am extremely important question

Fether

12 hours ago, Anddenex said:

This is true, God is a God of order and law. Nothing he does is for spectacle, and this idea probably stems from the temptations given to Jesus from Satan. Some of the temptations were spectacles (e.g. throw yourself down) which he could have done, but Jesus new the purpose of the miracles.

In this case, I would call it an edifying miracle. I used to teach seminary with special needs children. At one point I came to the feeling that I had made a wrong decision, which led to apply James 1: 5. As a result, I learned something that was very important with regards to the Spirit, their understanding, and their mortal tabernacle.

Now, if I were in a lesson with them and the Spirit was strong enough, and a certain individual/student began to speak coherent sentences, such words that couldn't be written, I would have easily defined that as a miracle. This student, although 16, had the mentality of a 2 year-old. It wouldn't have been a spectacle. It would have been amazing and something I would have cherished forever.

In this light, I could see how remarkable this would have been, and the miracle portrayed to recognize that the Spirit can even help a babe learn, they can be taught, and if the Lord decides to loose their tongue he can. I, personally, think this is a greater miracle than the donkey speaking in the Old Testament. :)

This is why I like johnsonjones comment. I feel it in appropriate to suggest God made newborns say spectacular things when the same outcome could have been done by youth. But had it been Newborns sharing memories of pre-earth life… that I can get behind.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:34 AM, Fether said:

“Behold, it came to pass on the morrow that the multitude gathered themselves together, and they both saw and heard these children; yea, even babes did open their mouths and utter marvelous things; and the things which they did utter were forbidden that there should not any man write them.”

My wife is under the impression that this scripture is saying new born babies were talking. My view is that the miracle was more about what was being said by the youth than that babies were speaking.

who is right?

Its hard to be certain who is right, but one thing we can be sure of: since the babes were saying great and marvellous things, they would have been speaking with an Australian accent.