LDS Trivia and Puzzles Game Sessions

Jeremy A

Hello, fellow LDS Trivia and Puzzles players:

This is Thanksgiving weekend. Plans to meet with the family will be Christmas and New Year's for me, and I have today, Friday, off, so I hope to have a game this weekend:

Today, Friday, 26 Nov: 1 PM  to 8 PM.
Tomorrow, Saturday, 27 Nov: 12 PM to 8 PM.
Sunday, 28 Nov: 1:30 PM to 7 PM.

All times are Pacific Standard Time. Hopefully, the game will be between three and four hours total. When looking up time zone differences, compare your time with Seattle, Washington, USA.
Looks like this will be the last attempt of November. December will probably be the second weekend. I'll post a definite time slot then. If you want to play but aren't able to make it, please schedule a time. I am available nights from about 6 PM to 7 PM and all throughout weekends. Please contact me with times you have available, and I hope we can set something up.

As always, the game takes place on DALnet in channel #lds_trivia. Be sure to include the underscore, or you'll show up at the wrong location. You'll know you're in the right place when you see a topic that says when the next game is. More information on the game's website.

As for updates, I made some changes recently, and I won't cover them all here. (I didn't even cover them all on the News and Updates page, but I digress.)

• I added a bonus clock for speed rounds, selecting the next category and level, and letter guesses. After a successful guess and selection, the player earns one point per second left on the clock. It's not much, but it's better than nothing. For speed rounds, any time left after solving the puzzle goes to the jackpot.
  • Each question asked adds 100 points to the jackpot.
  • Revealing the entire puzzle still automatically solves it; however, the 5,000 points will now go to the jackpot instead of each player not idling. There's no competitive advantage to having each player get points, so the jackpot is perfect for determining who gets those points.
  • The jackpot now starts at 1,000 points per player at the time of the reset, not counting idle players. The quick reason is to allow players to earn more points from answering questions and solving puzzles.
  • I lowered most delays by one second. I was getting impatient during script tests while waiting for updated puzzles and other information.

Finally, I'm going to include three random questions:

• Church History: Joseph Smith, Jr.'s, siblings consisted of how many people, including his parents and those that passed away?
  • Why were Lucifer and his followers allowed to come to Earth instead of sent to outer darkness?
  • Book of Mormon: Nephi went to Laban's treasury, and he saw Laban’s servant. Why did Laban’s servant think Nephi was Laban?

I hope to see you at the game.