What happened to the Third Hour articles?

Fether

I suspect (but do not know) that the More Good Foundation is moving more of its focus to video productions.  David Snell, for example, used to do a lot of articles here; and he’s now a host with Saints Unscripted (a project that is tied to the MGF, though I don’t know how much control they have over it).

I am by no means “in the know”, but I have a generalized impression that MGF doesn’t quite know what to do with ThirdHour at this point—either the website in general, or this forum in particular.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

On 1/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, Just_A_Guy said:

I suspect (but do not know) that the More Good Foundation is moving more of its focus to video productions.  David Snell, for example, used to do a lot of articles here; and he’s now a host with Saints Unscripted (a project that is tied to the MGF, though I don’t know how much control they have over it).

I am by no means “in the know”, but I have a generalized impression that MGF doesn’t quite know what to do with ThirdHour at this point—either the website in general, or this forum in particular.

Are you implying that who ever is running this forum does not really care about us?  And perhaps never posts here?

The Traveler

Almost a year ago the Board of Directors that is over the More Good Foundation made a decision that only certain projects would continue to be funded.  It had to meet a certain criteria.  Third Hour was not one of those that made the cut and therefore no funding.  We have left the site open and we still post to the Third Hour facebook page because there were almost 100K followers to the fb page.  

They have also allocated more money for international projects since there are now more members out of the U.S. than in.

As of right now there isn't a plan to shut it down and I have been promised that when that decision is made I will have notice to be able to inform those on the forum.  @Traveler I have been the one running this forum for several years and yes I post here.  I don't own the forum so therefore I have to go with the decisions made by the Board of Directors.  

Even my project of Ask Gramps that I have managed since "gramps" passed away in 2008 has had funding taken away.  

19 minutes ago, pam said:

Almost a year ago the Board of Directors that is over the More Good Foundation made a decision that only certain projects would continue to be funded.  It had to meet a certain criteria.  Third Hour was not one of those that made the cut and therefore no funding.  We have left the site open and we still post to the Third Hour facebook page because there were almost 100K followers to the fb page.  

They have also allocated more money for international projects since there are now more members out of the U.S. than in.

As of right now there isn't a plan to shut it down and I have been promised that when that decision is made I will have notice to be able to inform those on the forum.  @Traveler I have been the one running this forum for several years and yes I post here.  I don't own the forum so therefore I have to go with the decisions made by the Board of Directors.  

Even my project of Ask Gramps that I have managed since "gramps" passed away in 2008 has had funding taken away.  

My impression of you as a person has just taken a giant leap.   My parents taught me as a youth the the character of a person is most on display when they are doing things when they do not have to.  For the record I have a Facebook account but I have never used it and it has been years since I have logged in - I will never log in because I have lost and forgotten it and do not care.  Thank you for your efforts in managing this site.

The Traveler

1 minute ago, Traveler said:

My impression of you as a person has just taken a giant leap.   My parents taught me as a youth the the character of a person is most on display when they are doing things when they do not have to.  For the record I have a Facebook account but I have never used it and it has been years since I have logged in - I will never log in because I have lost and forgotten it and do not care.  Thank you for your efforts in managing this site.

The Traveler

Thank you.  Yes this forum is no longer part of my official job with More Good Foundation.  I do it because I've been around this forum for 20 years.  

On 1/22/2022 at 1:54 AM, pam said:

Almost a year ago the Board of Directors that is over the More Good Foundation made a decision that only certain projects would continue to be funded.  It had to meet a certain criteria.

Any idea what the criteria was? It seems to me that a lot of the material on this forum contributes to the mission of the More Good Foundation, as stated on their website:

https://www.moregoodfoundation.org/about-us

What We Do

Our mission is as follows:

• Facilitate personal expressions of faith
  • Reach out to those seeking truth using their own vocabulary
  • Publish and promote high-quality, church-related content
  • Provide a non-authoritative voice
  • Refer interested people to the Church
  • Illuminate the positive influence of the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons)

They want to focus on sites and projects that have had great success bringing people to baptism.  Third Hour and Ask Gramps might have played a part in someone's conversion but wasn't a huge influence.  What they are doing now has had tremendous success.