Announcing: You Tube Thread!

Elphaba

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the subtitles was really useful in this video...I was thinking about how the words might be interepreted whilst I was watching/listening to other operatic videos...I thought knowing the translations might have spoilt the 'magic' of the Italian words, but it didn't, thank you for posting that.

Strawberry, we're now moderating over the posting of YouTube videos? That seems a little ridiculous to me...have people been complaining that too many are being posted or something? Surely sometimes a non-musical video from YouTube can help to illustrate points being made in a post, that would be silly just posting said video in a YouTube only thread?

Edited to say I didn't notice the smiley at the end of your post SF...sorry if I'm taking it seriously when it is only a joke!!

Oh... seriously? I was thinking there would be another forum heading, like in Current Events or something. Not that it matters, but I think it's unfortunate that this rule was made. I rather like the distraction once in a while of seeing them. It's not like there have been any anti-mormon videos (that I've seen anyway). Basically, what you're doing is prohibiting us from posting youtube links bc when this thread scrolls off the first page, that will be it... new people won't know about it, and regulars won't feel like scrolling to look for it.

Just my 2 cents...

Cool, thanks for pinning it. I couldn't find it and thought it was removed! :)

This is my favorite Pavaoritti aria, called Che gelida manina from the opera La Boheme by Puccini.

What's great about this YouTube recording is it gives you the English words so you understand what he's singing.

Che gelida manina

Elphaba

Speaking of Pavarotti, did you hear that he's in the hospital? Here's the latest article: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22220526-23109,00.html

Guitar Moment of the Day!

Elphaba

That's awesome... I love the regular version of that song, but that is even better.

I'm not much into typical sports, but I am into the Xtreme stuff... could watch it all day on RUSH TV. Check this out... it's about as extreme as it gets:

http://superducky.com/view.cfm/media/26053

Well darn. I couldn't watch this one. All of my filters keep blocking it.

As it goes with youtube, one leads to another...

Absolutely adorable! I, however, would not have been able to videotape all that. I would have had to help him get comfy right off the bat. I could totally see my husband taping something like that though... must be a male/female thing.

<div class='quotemain'>

I'm not much into typical sports, but I am into the Xtreme stuff... could watch it all day on RUSH TV. Check this out... it's about as extreme as it gets:

http://superducky.com/view.cfm/media/26053

Well darn. I couldn't watch this one. All of my filters keep blocking it.

Hi Pam,

Do a search on 'extreme unicycling' if you're ever bored.