Announcing: You Tube Thread!

Elphaba

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think Youtube is great --- for posting self-created videos. Political statements. Editorials. Personally created and performed music or poetry. Home movies of cute babies. I really don't like it when someone takes material that is written or performed by someone else and adds it to their video without permission. Songwriters, musicians, performers and publishers earn royalties through the correct use of their material. Some publishing companies have joined together in a lawsuit against Youtube for copyright violations. So, if it's not old enough to be in public domain, please think twice about posting a link to it.

(Sorry to be a downer, but I'm a grouch. :angry: )

Edited to add:

I seriously do not expect one person to pay attention to this post. LOL.

Christian the Lion Reunion

What an incredible story this is. Christian the lion arrived in Chelsea at a time when the King's Road - home to Mick Jagger - was the "very heart of the Swinging Sixties."

John Rendall and his friend Ace Berg bought Christian from Harrods in 1969. For a year, the Big Cat, just a baby really, "was part of the London scenel, cruising the streets in the back of a Bentley, popping in for lunch at Casserole, a local restaurant, even posing for a Biba fashion advert."

But he soon grew too big for the London apartment, and so John and Ace contacted George Adamson of "Born Free" fame to habituate Christian into the wild.

Here is the story of Christian, including his successful introduction into a pride. Also, a tragedy.

And then there's the brilliant

of Christian and his pals John and Ace after his transition into a true wildcat.

Elphaba

Elphie, that footage of Christian was wonderful!!

The interview with the terrorist was hilarious and reminded me of this Stewie Griffin and Osama Bin Laden clip:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MfYGZfpbcpA

As Palerider is wont to say:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elphaba

Christian the Lion Reunion

What an incredible story this is. Christian the lion arrived in Chelsea at a time when the King's Road - home to Mick Jagger - was the "very heart of the Swinging Sixties."

John Rendall and his friend Ace Berg bought Christian from Harrods in 1969. For a year, the Big Cat, just a baby really, "was part of the London scenel, cruising the streets in the back of a Bentley, popping in for lunch at Casserole, a local restaurant, even posing for a Biba fashion advert."

But he soon grew too big for the London apartment, and so John and Ace contacted George Adamson of "Born Free" fame to habituate Christian into the wild.

Here is the story of Christian, including his successful introduction into a pride. Also, a tragedy.

And then there's the brilliant

of Christian and his pals John and Ace after his transition into a true wildcat.

Elphaba

That was great Elphaba - you could see the joy in Christian when he greeted his Men, made me cry!

An unassuming man with a funny name, bad teeth and a simple job as a cell phone salesman walks on the stage of "Britain's Got Talent" and performs a miracle. It give me chills each time I watch it. And watch it. And watch it.

You should especially watch the following link, as the quality of the music is astounding:

Paul Potts office website

I am so happy for Paul and wish him a stellar career.

Elphaba

An unassuming man with a funny name, bad teeth and a simple job as a cell phone salesman walks on the stage of "Britain's Got Talent" and performs a miracle. It give me chills each time I watch it. And watch it. And watch it.

You should especially watch the following link, as the quality of the music is astounding:

Paul Potts office website

I am so happy for Paul and wish him a stellar career.

Elphaba

... just watched the first clip.

Brought tears to my eyes.

My wife came and watched all the Paul Potts Youtube videos.

Then we went out to Barnes and Noble and bought his hit debut album - One Chance.

Absolutely wonderful. Thanks El.

Oh, I am so happy you thought it was as breathtaking as I did. I was afraid it would get lost in the thread.

I've ordered it on Amazon and since I'm an AmazonPrime customer, I should get it by Tuesday, or Wednesday at the latest. I can't wait.

Elphie

I just watched all of the clips. The first one made me cry. I just was not expecting that to come out of his mouth. Absolutely breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.