Another episode of "where is that scripture?"

Fether

I read a scripture not that long ago that I can no longer find. The theme of it was something to the effect of "Everyone will be celebrated regardless of which kingdom of glory they go to".

Does anyone know which scripture that is?

3 hours ago, Fether said:

I read a scripture not that long ago that I can no longer find. The theme of it was something to the effect of "Everyone will be celebrated regardless of which kingdom of glory they go to".

The DMCR Version of the Bible, I'll find it for you.

16 minutes ago, Fether said:

Follow up question… where does the concept that we will all be happy regardless of which degree of glory we go to? I did a little looking and could t find anything solid.

D&C 88:32.

The "DMCR Version" of the Bible is the Dean Marin Celebrity Roast version :)

10 hours ago, Fether said:

I do not believe such a scripture exists (If I am wrong I would be most glad to learn otherwise).  I do not think D&C 88:32 applies beyond a single individual.  As far as a public celebration for anyone other than the Celestial Kingdom - I am skeptical of any celebration other than Satan and his followers - and I doubt that even they would celebrate except for those of whom they would have gained power over.   If anything those that fail to make and keep covenants (loyal to G-d in every way) I see only regret - except the the individual exercising their agency.

The Traveler

30 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I do not believe such a scripture exists (If I am wrong I would be most glad to learn otherwise).  I do not think D&C 88:32 applies beyond a single individual.  As far as a public celebration for anyone other than the Celestial Kingdom - I am skeptical of any celebration other than Satan and his followers - and I doubt that even they would celebrate except for those of whom they would have gained power over.   If anything those that fail to make and keep covenants (loyal to G-d in every way) I see only regret - except the the individual exercising their agency.

The Traveler

How does D&C 88:32 not apply beyond a single individual when "they" is consistently the pronoun that is used?

31 And also they who are quickened by a portion of the atelestial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness.

32 And they who remain shall also be aquickened; nevertheless, they shall return again to their own place, to enjoy that which they are bwilling to receive, because they were not willing to enjoy that which they might have received.

35 minutes ago, Traveler said:

The Traveler

It’s not o e of those direct scriptural phrases that makes a specific message clearly and plainly. It wasn’t a deliberate “all decisions will be. celebrated equally and we are all the same” type scripture (which I get the feeling you think that is what I’m looking for). It was more like a message in passing that there would be some sort of joyous call that we are happier now than on earth… or something like (or nothing like) that.

I have been trying to find that reference for a while but I listen to at least one talk and podcast a day… along with regularly listening to “church” biographies and the likes 

17 hours ago, CV75 said:

How does D&C 88:32 not apply beyond a single individual when "they" is consistently the pronoun that is used?

31 And also they who are quickened by a portion of the atelestial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness.

32 And they who remain shall also be aquickened; nevertheless, they shall return again to their own place, to enjoy that which they are bwilling to receive, because they were not willing to enjoy that which they might have received.

16 hours ago, Fether said:

It’s not o e of those direct scriptural phrases that makes a specific message clearly and plainly. It wasn’t a deliberate “all decisions will be. celebrated equally and we are all the same” type scripture (which I get the feeling you think that is what I’m looking for). It was more like a message in passing that there would be some sort of joyous call that we are happier now than on earth… or something like (or nothing like) that.

I have been trying to find that reference for a while but I listen to at least one talk and podcast a day… along with regularly listening to “church” biographies and the likes 

I am open and willing to discuss these points.  I believe that when the plan of salvation was made know that all the children of our Father in heaven (Stars of Heaven) celebrated and shouted for joy.  I also believe that every individual will enjoy the "glory" added to them in the "last judgment" and resurrection - but like our own children that choose to depart from the path of covenant and walk into the mists of darkness (as per the revelation in the Book of Mormon concerning the Tree of Life) there will be momentary celebrations in places like the "Great and Spacious Building" among those that also rejected the fullness of the Gospel of Christ but for those that partake of the fruit of the Tree of Life and remain loyal to their covenants - there will always be sorrow for those that chose to live according to "lessor" laws and covenants of the "World".  All lasting celebration and joy will only be among the Righteous (those that make and keep G-d's eternal covenants) or those that partake of the fruit of the Tree of Life.  I believe the term that describes "All" those that are not loyal to G-d's covenants is "Misery".  I think the only ones that will celebrate anyone's misery are those that follow Satan.

I am open to discuss all this in greater detail and I am most curious for those that think otherwise - I would very much like to understand why.

The Traveler

5 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I am open and willing to discuss these points.  I believe that when the plan of salvation was made know that all the children of our Father in heaven (Stars of Heaven) celebrated and shouted for joy.  I also believe that every individual will enjoy the "glory" added to them in the "last judgment" and resurrection - but like our own children that choose to depart from the path of covenant and walk into the mists of darkness (as per the revelation in the Book of Mormon concerning the Tree of Life) there will be momentary celebrations in places like the "Great and Spacious Building" among those that also rejected the fullness of the Gospel of Christ but for those that partake of the fruit of the Tree of Life and remain loyal to their covenants - there will always be sorrow for those that chose to live according to "lessor" laws and covenants of the "World".  All lasting celebration and joy will only be among the Righteous (those that make and keep G-d's eternal covenants) or those that partake of the fruit of the Tree of Life.  I believe the term that describes "All" those that are not loyal to G-d's covenants is "Misery".  I think the only ones that will celebrate anyone's misery are those that follow Satan.

I am open to discuss all this in greater detail and I am most curious for those that think otherwise - I would very much like to understand why.

The Traveler

Yes, I think these ideas have to do with the first question, not the follow up.

22 minutes ago, Traveler said:

but like our own children that choose to depart from the path of covenant and walk into the mists of darkness (as per the revelation in the Book of Mormon concerning the Tree of Life) there will be momentary celebrations in places like the "Great and Spacious Building" among those that also rejected the fullness of the Gospel of Christ but for those that partake of the fruit of the Tree of Life and remain loyal to their covenants - there will always be sorrow for those that chose to live according to "lessor" laws and covenants of the "World".  All lasting celebration and joy will only be among the Righteous (those that make and keep G-d's eternal covenants) or those that partake of the fruit of the Tree of Life.  I believe the term that describes "All" those that are not loyal to G-d's covenants is "Misery".  I think the only ones that will celebrate anyone's misery are those that follow Satan.

I was always under the impression that we would all be happy regardless of where we go. That the separation of kingdoms wasn’t a “you weren’t good enough to go here so I am putting you here”, but rather a “you didn’t want to go here, but you wanted here instead”