Off topic-can you name your childhood teachers?

LDSGator

My dad told me that teacher of mine passed away last week. Not to sound cruel, but I’m not upset. I’ve thought about her maybe twice since 1994. Regardless, RIP. 

Dad seemed surprised that I didn’t remember her that well, or what specific grade she taught. Is this common? Can everyone here remember their teachers from grade school? 

not arguing or making a point. Genuinely curious 

I remember the names of most of them.  For elementary, your teacher really influences a lot of the experience. That wanes more with middle and especially high school as other aspects grow in focus.  With exception for some high school teachers that really left a mark.  

But I also won’t be super upset hearing a teacher passed away- I just don’t get upset that way. There’s a few I might go to their funerals if I was in the same town. 

Here's an embarrassing one: I definitely remember my 7th grade history teacher. I had the biggest girlhood crush on him.(He was old, he was married, I didn't care).

Now, we're Facebook friends 20 years later (apparently friends of friends of family) He's retired and posts his photography and we chat about local events.

Still one of the number 1 teachers I remember.

Thanks everyone! 

2 hours ago, Backroads said:

r. I had the biggest girlhood crush on him

I think many of us had harmless childhood crushes on teachers. I know I did. Not friends with any of them on Facebook though. 

15 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

But I also won’t be super upset hearing a teacher passed away

Oh, same. Not to sound cruel but they just didn’t have that big an impact on me.

1 hour ago, LDSGator said:

Thanks everyone! 

I think many of us had harmless childhood crushes on teachers. I know I did. Not friends with any of them on Facebook though. 

]

I think I'm actually friends with a few. Most happened when I entered the teacher world myself and they became less of past teachers and more of mentors/colleauges. 

Though I remember thinking "Facebook is suggesting I be friends with Mr. Sexy Rugged Badboy Teacher from decades ago because his wife hangs out with a friend of my grandma's as well as in my in-law's friend's stake"... is this weird?"

I just tried listing them all: Oddly enough I can easily list my teachers between ages 5 and 16, but after that it gets fuzzy. Some stick in the memory - like the math professor who taught us to do "carculus", but I couldn't for the life of me remember who taught me business studies.

I can remember all of my elementary teachers except for kindergarten and 2 of the 3 4th grade teachers I had.  Forget about remembering all of middle and high school.  

**edit  Just thought of this.  I can only name 1 of the two 5th grade teachers I had.