Trending and the times we live in

Traveler

I have the impression that this year will be different and not in a good way different.  I do not know why I have this impression.  Several members of the church that I have shared my thought with and indicated to me their impression that we are drawing near to the end of the end of times.  We know that the restoration, according to prophesy, is to take place in the end of times.  Our understanding of things are changing - and changing rapidly.   Just a hundred years ago it was thought that our galaxy (milky way) was at the center of the universe and was the largest object in the universe.  Obviously that has changed.  We are starting to get clear images from the new James Webb telescope.  The result is that the universe is far more vast than we thought and that is far more than most realize.

Much has changed from the times in which I was a youth.  My father remembered that most got their milk, freshly delivered daily from a horse drawn milk wagon.  I remember that milk was delivered about 3 times a week by a milk truck - a profession that no longer exists.  There have been many changes in my life time.  People, especially in the lower economic class have much more leisure time - which is now somewhat considered the main goal in life.  I have retired from my profession, as have many of my friends and siblings.  As much as I and my wife try to keep busy with our investments (right now we are working about 10 to 12 hour days for a couple of weeks with spring cleanup and stuff for our rentals) though most of our life is filled with leisure activities.   The main difficulty we are facing is that we are aging and we get things done at a much slower pace.

Now for the primary purpose of my post.  Last year we had around 3 deaths in our ward.  They are not so much of a surprise because our ward is turning into a lot of empty nesters.  This year we are having more than a death per month.  I have pondered if there is a reason so many are passing - even though they could have lived longer?  Or at least it seemed so.  Yesterday a very beautiful little 5 year old girl of a young couple in our ward was hit by a postal delivery truck and killed instantly.   That is about all the details I have at this point.  The family is devastated and wants, for now, to deal privately with the loss.  With other deaths in the ward - I have had the personal impression that the heavens have rejoiced in the passing.  But what happened yesterday - I have the personal impression that heaven has wept.   Usually I have difficulty feeling and expressing emotion but suddenly found myself struggling when I called our relief society president to inform her.  I also feel for our bishop, who last Sunday asked for a ward fast this week because of the many problems various members of our ward are struggling to face.  This all concerns me because I live in a upscale upper middle class neighborhood that most would think is not struggling. 

I am impressed that sorrows will increase even though the spirit will be stronger among the Saints than in times past.  In essence - as much as we are seeing difficult things there will be much good - especially among the Saints.  Not so good in what we will all face as it will be with the divine support that we will have.  And yet, like the sudden difficulties of the Saints in Ukraine.  I am impressed that all the troubles we see in this great nation over the past couple of years are just a percussor to the struggles to come - both spiritually and among the caring members.   Many in the religious community believe (as does our good friend @prisonchaplain) that the faithful believers in Christ will be caught up (raptured) and sparred the worst of the troubles.  I am impressed that the Saints of the last days will be refined by symbolic fire which I am impressed is soon to come.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

In my ward we haven't even had so much as a COVID death.  In 20 years we've had suicides and car crashes and old people die, but none of that in the last 3 years, except for the last one.  And one of our wayward ward kids who spent a decade walking dark horrible paths is back to church and seems to be walking well.

Maybe some of our good karma can help mitigate your anxious mood?

Mind, I'm not saying there won't be horrible things happen locally, nationally, and globally.  But I am saying while sorrows may increase, that doesn't mean dread, fear, or loss of hope needs to be a part of it.

Edited by NeuroTypical

48 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

But I am saying while sorrows may increase, that doesn't mean dread, fear, or loss of hope needs to be a part of it.

Amen. 

It’s crucial to remember that there were actual Holocaust survivors who maintained hope, happiness and even faith. If they can do that, what excuse do I have? 

On the second coming, no man knows the day or the time. 

I DID have something come up in my patriarchal blessing many years ago which may mean that I won't live to see it (still alive, so...perhaps that's a sign that it isn't here yet).

One item though, that seemed interesting was something that implied (implying being the key word) that nothing would happen in regards to the second coming, at least for me and my life, until at least 2029/2030.  That could also be the date I die (or before then), so, hard to say. 

Basically that the 30 minutes of silence would be in my lifetime and during that time the heavens would be closed or something similar (would have to look it back up on the blessing, come to think of it, it's been awhile since I've read through it) with some timing in my life when it would occur.  Also that there would be great panic and strife in the world during these times. 

Of course, I could be dead tomorrow, sometimes these things are hard to really understand completely.

On 5/4/2022 at 9:29 AM, Traveler said:

Many in the religious community believe (as does our good friend @prisonchaplain) that the faithful believers in Christ will be caught up (raptured) and sparred the worst of the troubles.  I am impressed that the Saints of the last days will be refined by symbolic fire which I am impressed is soon to come.

We could both be right. After all, God's people have and are facing horrific persecution. Brothers/sisters in N. Korea can go to prison for merely having handwritten Bible verses in the house. Ukraine is one of the most Christian countries in the region. Even in our beloved land believers are learning that this is not our home. So, there certainly will be troubles for God's people, whether the Rapture is biblical or not.