Anniversary alone

Vort

Today is my 34th anniversary. My wife is over 200 miles away, while I lay in a hospital bed with a C. diff infection. Feeling a bit blue. But as a chance to reflect on the unparalleled blessings God has showered on an unworthy soul like myself, I feel humble and deeply grateful.

Sorry for the FB-like post, but I'm not much into FBing stuff like this.

Edited by Vort

You're not describing my favorite way to spend a wedding anniversary, but you're right that, even in imperfect situations, it is nice and important to feel God's love and recognize His part in blessing us as He does.

Best of luck with your recovery, and hopefully your wife has a safe journey back home. At that point, I recommend finding a better way to celebrate your anniversary (even if it has to be on an unanniversary day) ((<- not sure my Alice in Wonderland reference is working here))

Edited by MrShorty

Good news! I should be getting released from the hospital in the next 30 minutes, after which my 16-year-old will drive me halfway and my wife will pick me up for the other half! That's the plan, at least.  I was supposed to be released yesterday, but I got sick again, so…we will see.

(Again, sorry for the FB- like drama.)

3 hours ago, Vort said:

Good news! I should be getting released from the hospital in the next 30 minutes, after which my 16-year-old will drive me halfway and my wife will pick me up for the other half! That's the plan, at least.  I was supposed to be released yesterday, but I got sick again, so…we will see.

(Again, sorry for the FB- like drama.)

C-diff is nothing to mess with.  I've had it and I have life long friend who just got put on hospice because of it.  So you take care of yourself.

18 hours ago, Vort said:

Today is my 34th anniversary. My wife is over 200 miles away, while I lay in a hospital bed with a C. diff infection. Feeling a bit blue. But as a chance to reflect on the unparalleled blessings God has showered on an unworthy soul like myself, I feel humble and deeply grateful.

Sorry for the FB-like post, but I'm not much into FBing stuff like this.

I hope you feel better soon.  I also hope you don't get it again (reinfection can happen with C-diff in some instances from 2-8 weeks later). 

Happy anniversary. I like the idea of spending an anniversary in bed, but I suppose it depends on which bed, and where that bed is. 

Perhaps the existence of Third Hour might be somewhere on that list of unparalleled blessings God has showered on you?

I've just had a closer look at your nickname here and was wondering if you've been experiencing a bit of gender confusion lately, mother of dragons?

If you ever start to turn blue, rather than just feeling blue, I would suggest a return to the hospital, annivesary or not.