In December I had a dream that I was at my wife's grand-parent's house, they having died before I met her. Her grandfather, who was never talkative in any way, walked up to me and held some scriptures out to me and said, "These are for you, share them." I woke up and looked at the bookshelf in my bedroom and saw my wife's old scriptures sitting there, collecting dust. I had the distinct impression at that moment, I think it was the spirit, that I was to buy a new set of scriptures every year, read through the entire standard works, and mark them. I was then to box them up for a future grand or great grandchild. A week later was Christmas and I bought a new, large set of scriptures and a case and started reading. I am now in Ester and I am picking up steam in this effort. 

I know that the scriptures are all true and my testimony of them has grown by leaps and bounds. I look forward to the days when my grand children begin coming and I give these scriptures to them with their grandfather's testimony marked throughout. I am hoping these will be a cherished memento of my testimony and feeling towards God and His great mercy on me in my life. I encourage you all to do something similar and leave a heritage of faith and love to your families.

On 5/6/2022 at 10:13 AM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

In December I had a dream that I was at my wife's grand-parent's house, they having died before I met her. Her grandfather, who was never talkative in any way, walked up to me and held some scriptures out to me and said, "These are for you, share them." I woke up and looked at the bookshelf in my bedroom and saw my wife's old scriptures sitting there, collecting dust. I had the distinct impression at that moment, I think it was the spirit, that I was to buy a new set of scriptures every year, read through the entire standard works, and mark them. I was then to box them up for a future grand or great grandchild. A week later was Christmas and I bought a new, large set of scriptures and a case and started reading. I am now in Ester and I am picking up steam in this effort. 

I know that the scriptures are all true and my testimony of them has grown by leaps and bounds. I look forward to the days when my grand children begin coming and I give these scriptures to them with their grandfather's testimony marked throughout. I am hoping these will be a cherished memento of my testimony and feeling towards God and His great mercy on me in my life. I encourage you all to do something similar and leave a heritage of faith and love to your families.

On my mission I began an exhaustive study of the standard works that took me 10 years to complete.  My study included notes, comments and cross references on subjects as I encountered them.  Since then I have updated my notes with what I call "My Thought Book".  I have no idea if my decedents will care much as they have only shown limited interest but these "notes" have come to be a great source and anchor for me.  Whatever means anyone utilizes to record their discoveries in their scripture study - I believe to be inspired.  But I also believe that our inspiration is meant mostly for ourselves and not so much for others.  That the best means to inspire others - I believe is to inspire others to seek their own methods of scripture study and means of pondering that which is the light of truth.

The Traveler

When I go to run my delivery routes, I'm 2 - 4 hours on the road by myself with just my thoughts. 

At some point, I got to musing what it would take at minimum to stock an actual library from scratch and what I could do just from what was reasonably available (local retail + what I had on-hand + a few mulligans from Amazon like an encyclopedia set). 

This morphed into me feeling that I needed to spring for a large-print quad. 

Shortly after it arrived, I was talking with some people in the stake who were doing prison ministry. 

Turns out that an elderly inmate was needing a large-print quad so that he could actually read his scriptures, and the prison branch didn't have the budget to purchase one. 

On 5/9/2022 at 1:07 PM, Ironhold said:

When I go to run my delivery routes, I'm 2 - 4 hours on the road by myself with just my thoughts. 

At some point, I got to musing what it would take at minimum to stock an actual library from scratch and what I could do just from what was reasonably available (local retail + what I had on-hand + a few mulligans from Amazon like an encyclopedia set). 

This morphed into me feeling that I needed to spring for a large-print quad. 

Shortly after it arrived, I was talking with some people in the stake who were doing prison ministry. 

Turns out that an elderly inmate was needing a large-print quad so that he could actually read his scriptures, and the prison branch didn't have the budget to purchase one. 

That is a cool story. Thank you for sharing that.