Baby Formula Shortage

Carborendum

So, from a variety of sources (so take the accuracy for what it is) this is what I've gathered on the baby formula shortage:

1. There were a few (one source says 4) babies who came down with some serious ailment.
2. The only common factor "seemed" to be the formula they ate.
3. The Feds inspected the Abbott factory and discovered a similar type of bacteria in their processing equipment.  So, they shut Abbott down.
4. Abbott alone makes almost half of the formula used in the US.
5. Abbott shut down and cleaned the factory.  They provided an announcement letter stating so just last week.
6. The Feds won't be back by to inspect for another couple of weeks.

Interesting points.

1. While there were "similar" bacteria found in the plant,

• The particular strains found in the plant were NOT pathenogenic. 
  • They were NOT the same strains found in the affected infants. 
  • It was shut down anyway.

2. Pallets of formula are being procured by the Biden administration to supply the infants of illegal aliens at the border.
3. Border Patrol is required to provide that formula by law.
4. Feds are NOT required to keep the Abbott plant open.  Nor are they required to switch their schedule inspect Abbott any earlier than previously scheduled.
5. If all goes well, the formula shortage will be over in a month. I wonder how many babies will die by then.

Racial implications:

1. The great majority of formula users are poor minorities.
2. The great majority of abortions are performed on poor minorities.

Edited by Carborendum

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/baby-formula-shortage-biden-administration-pete-buttigieg-face-the-nation/

Buttigieg: The government does not make baby formula, nor should it

Wow.  We agree on something.  How about that.

and one of those companies — messed up...

Wrong.  They didn't mess up.  The inspectors did.  There was nothing wrong with the formula they made.  But because FOUR babies in the entire country had an illness, the entire plant was shut down because the inspectors made a bad assumption.

and is unable to confirm that a plant, a major plant, is safe and free of contamination

Wrong.  Abbott just issued the all clear.  And they're waiting for the ok from the FDA.

To address the shortage being felt by families across the country, the Biden administration is expanding formula products that can be purchased with benefits from the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program and working with manufacturers to boost importation of formula from abroad. Mr. Biden on Friday told reporters that there should be "significantly more formula" on store shelves in "a matter of weeks."

Yeah, that was already a foregone conclusion.  They just need to issue the ok for Abbott to begin production again.  They're waiting.

So, for a problem that the government created almost out of thin air, they will then take the credit for fixing the non-existent problem.  So, like a politician.

Edited by Carborendum

My family is directly affected by this shortage- baby boy is still a baby and I’m physically unable to breastfeed.  We had several cans of formula in the recall.  Since then we’ve been able to get formula, but the prices are super high and it takes work - buying one of the few little cans on the shelf, rather than in bulk like I prefer. In fact I need to go shopping this morning best we’re nearly out (again).  

Im a person who’d rather keep focused on helping people and working through things, rather than making things political (whomever is to blame). 

4 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

My family is directly affected by this shortage- baby boy is still a baby and I’m physically unable to breastfeed.  We had several cans of formula in the recall.  Since then we’ve been able to get formula, but the prices are super high and it takes work - buying one of the few little cans on the shelf, rather than in bulk like I prefer. In fact I need to go shopping this morning best we’re nearly out (again).  

Im a person who’d rather keep focused on helping people and working through things, rather than making things political (whomever is to blame). 

Is the church helping you out?