long absence

romans8

14 hours ago, romans8 said:

I was away for a while dealing with family matters in lieu of what is going on in Ukraine.  Things have settled down a bit but we are still doing hospitality work with the hurting.

Welcome back!  We disagree a lot, but I sincerely hope you are well.  

On 5/28/2022 at 7:49 AM, romans8 said:

I was away for a while dealing with family matters in lieu of what is going on in Ukraine.  Things have settled down a bit but we are still doing hospitality work with the hurting.

I believe your priorities are well founded.  If you have special thoughts or impressions about Ukraine and its people - I hope you will share them with this forum.

The Traveler

On 6/1/2022 at 11:31 AM, Traveler said:

I believe your priorities are well founded.  If you have special thoughts or impressions about Ukraine and its people - I hope you will share them with this forum.

All the dispersed Ukrainians we met had a profound sadness in their eyes. They left homeland
and husbands/fathers. While we provide food, shelter, and comfort to them, they still yearn to
return to the only home they ever had and to hopefully be reunited with their loved ones. As
Ukraine survived and recovered after the second World War, let's hope the recovery happens
again.  It will take time, prayer, and God's provision.

I especially note the strength and resiliency of their children with all they have gone through.  It
is almost like they are battle hardened with everything that has happened throughout their history.