All the transgender hullaballoo

Backroads

• 1 month later...

My take on preferred pronouns:  "He" is for Male.  "She" is for female.  If you say you're something else, I'll try not to offend you, but saying an untruth offends me.  "It" sounds demeaning.  "That" is a singular, neutral pronoun, but it might be fun to try.  "They" is used when the sex of the person is unknown ("Someone knocked on the door and ran away.  I did not see them").

***  When someone wants to be called "they," I usually know or have a good idea of that person's sex (an uncanny ability developed since I was about two years old).  My solution is to try not to use any pronoun for them.  I don't have to violate my rules, and I recognize them as a unique individual by calling them by their name.

Basically, if someone wants to force me to use their pronouns, they don't get a pronoun.  Pronouns are a convenience, not a right, and it's my choice whether I use them or not.

Edited by Matthew Andreasen
correction and addition

• 3 weeks later...

We've been demolishing healthy roles and norms for a long time now.  It is not good for society; and this fact can be judged not only spiritually but rationally.

We know (because we've measured) that children raised together by their biological parents, have the best outcomes statistically.  Level of schooling, work stability, criminality, are metrics most people can agree on.

We know (because we've measured, but I'll stop saying this now) that children spending too much time in daycare tend to have worse outcomes.

We know that homosexuals have higher rates of crime and abuse among themselves (not from the outside)

We know that homosexuals have a higher propensity for unhealthy and disgusting practices, which have little to do with love, as the monkeypox outbreak has re-highlighted.

We know divorce is a crazy pandemic at this time which is a shame given the facts about how healthy relationships bless children.

We know that birthrates are crashing around the world including in Utah.  However rationally someone may desire a population collapse, they have to know that it will be a problem someday.  It's a problem which doesn't go away as soon as a country decides more kids are wanted, as china has proved.  Peoples minds and hearts have been polluted with misguided selfishness which doesn't stop when someone says stop.

We know that lgbt people have more mental health issues, more substance abuse.

We know that trangender people have a truly catastrophic suicide rate which is not mitigated by living in a permissive society.  We have strong reason to believe that this suicide was not as common before society became sickened with this mind virus.  (I mean that we don't think that these people were quietly committing suicide in the past, under the radar.  Instead their embracing of the mind virus is actually causing it)

Edited by popatr
more to say

• 3 weeks later...

I am with you on this. I ha e heard a few things. Genders were first a thing for doctors because... youay identify as a woman but... if you were born with a prostate then you need prostate exams. honestly being genders spell out medical care and such I personally thing they should change it from what gender were you born to... what hormone do you naturally produce. So on your Birth certificate it should now be E for estrogen or T for testosterone. That way it doesn't matter what you wear or how you dress you get x treatment for each hormone type. Also.... I really don't care if you want to become a potato. But I wonder.... if we truly die and become our most perfected selves. I worry for someone who spent their WHOLE life becoming something else to spend eternity as the person you loathed so much you got plastic surgury or got a sex change. I would think that would be someone's own personal hell.... I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.... just saying 

• 3 weeks later...

Random thing: This week my work is having a (inhales big breath) presentation on Neurodivergent-LGBTQIA+ intersections hosted by a genderfluid presenter who lives in their van with their dog (big exhale).  (No really folks, try saying all that in one breath. :D)  Since COVID, I've learned what all those big words mean, and yes, it was like learning a new language. Anyway, in the presentation notes, I find validation of my existence:

image.png.0254338a447e83d35ba9e3fb53b131f1.png

Yep - that's the exact, word-for-word thing I had in mind when I chose my username all those years ago.   Nice to see my group identity being recognized at work. 

Edited by NeuroTypical

7 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Random thing: This week my work is having a (inhales big breath) presentation on Neurodivergent-LGBTQIA+ intersections hosted by a genderfluid presenter who lives in their van with their dog (big exhale).  (No really folks, try saying all that in one breath. :D)  Since COVID, I've learned what all those big words mean, and yes, it was like learning a new language. Anyway, in the presentation notes, I find validation of my existence:

image.png.0254338a447e83d35ba9e3fb53b131f1.png

Yep - that's the exact, word-for-word thing I had in mind when I chose my username all those years ago.   Nice to see my group identity being recognized at work. 

It's been my personal experience that the more a person chooses to focus on labels (intersectionality, critical race, et cetra) the less likely they are to actually see people as individuals. 

It's like... yes, I'm a fat white guy from Texas. That's what people see. Yet rarely do they see that I'm on the autism spectrum, that I've had threats of violence against me for being LDS, or that I've survived medical episodes & injuries that should have done me in several times over. 

It turns out that my mom didn't even notice I literally can't hold my head up straight anymore because of the scoliosis in my back. I am slightly deformed because the scoliosis had so long to set in it affected my entire skeletal structure, and one consequence of this is that it's hard finding off-the-rack clothing that fits right. When it comes to shirts I have to go one size bigger than what I need to compensate for how oddly everything fits, and this led to an argument when I tried to explain why I take my shirts so large and why it's so frustrating that the one store I normally get button-up shirts at is running low on my size. I literally had to remind her that she's seen my x-rays. 

If my own mom doesn't notice these things, how can I expect someone who only looks at labels to notice, let alone understand how it affects me?

• 8 months later...

The thing for me it has now become demeaning to us who were actually born women and have lived a life as a woman.  I feel like we have taken so many steps backwards when it comes to our roles and how women are perceived.  

Another thing for me is the whole issue with gender neutral bathrooms and locker rooms.  I'm sorry but having a young teenage girl in the same locker room and shower with another who still has male genitalia for all to see is just wrong on so many different levels.  Not to mention the whole competing in sports thing.  Plus videos of men (wanting to be women) doing videos of how they went shopping for tampons.  For what?  A video of Dylan Mulvaney doing an exercise to the chant, "We must, we must, we must increase our bust."  What bust?  You are a male.  The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.  

One of the things that sickened me with the Dylan Mulvaney thing was one of the commercials he (yes he) did for Bud Light.  Acting all stupid with "I know it's a sport but I'm such a silly girl I don't know anything about what sport and what they do."  Is that what their marketing department really thinks about women? That we are just stupid silly girls that don't know a thing about sports.  Well I'm here to tell you that I know a heck of a lot more about sports than many of the men out there.  Also with Dylan Mulvaney he always talks about being a girl.  Not a woman.  That is just strange to me.  

If someone wants to change sex more power to them.  But I won't be forced to have to accept that they can enter a bathroom or a locker room at the gym when I'm there.  I won't be forced to have to use pronouns just because that's how they identify.  People have actually been getting fired from jobs for refusing.  

People can disagree with me.  I don't really care.  Just saying you identify as a female doesn't make you a female.  Or identify as a male when you are a female doesn't make you a male.

I'm just sickened and disgusted over all of this and it feels like it just escalated so quickly.  

2 hours ago, pam said:

The thing for me it has now become demeaning to us who were actually born women and have lived a life as a woman.  I feel like we have taken so many steps backwards when it comes to our roles and how women are perceived.  

Another thing for me is the whole issue with gender neutral bathrooms and locker rooms.  I'm sorry but having a young teenage girl in the same locker room and shower with another who still has male genitalia for all to see is just wrong on so many different levels.  Not to mention the whole competing in sports thing.  Plus videos of men (wanting to be women) doing videos of how they went shopping for tampons.  For what?  A video of Dylan Mulvaney doing an exercise to the chant, "We must, we must, we must increase our bust."  What bust?  You are a male.  The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.  

One of the things that sickened me with the Dylan Mulvaney thing was one of the commercials he (yes he) did for Bud Light.  Acting all stupid with "I know it's a sport but I'm such a silly girl I don't know anything about what sport and what they do."  Is that what their marketing department really thinks about women? That we are just stupid silly girls that don't know a thing about sports.  Well I'm here to tell you that I know a heck of a lot more about sports than many of the men out there.  Also with Dylan Mulvaney is he always talks about being a girl.  Not a woman.  That is just strange to me.  

If someone wants to change sex more power to them.  But I won't be forced to have to accept that they can enter a bathroom or a locker room at the gym when I'm there.  I won't be forced to have to use pronouns just because that's how they identify.  People have actually been getting fired from jobs for refusing.  

People can disagree with me.  I don't really care.  Just saying you identify as a female doesn't make you a female.  Or identify as a male when you are a female doesn't make you a male.

I'm just sickened and disgusted over all of this and it feels like it just escalated so quickly.  

Mulvaney is what happens when a company loses sight of who its core audience is. 

For decades Budweiser positioned itself as the beer of choice for blue-collar Americans from what the coastal elites typically regard as "Fly-Over Country". 

In came a new VP who quite literally declared Bud Light's customers to be nothing more than "frat boys" (yes, her words were leaked) and hired a third-party advertising company to turn that around. They went with someone who even the LGBT community is split on, and things fell apart from there. 

Essentially Bud Light is now a dead brand. AB would do well to withdraw it from the market and leave it idle for a decade so that people can forget what happened. 

12 hours ago, Ironhold said:

Mulvaney is what happens when a company loses sight of who its core audience is. 

For decades Budweiser positioned itself as the beer of choice for blue-collar Americans from what the coastal elites typically regard as "Fly-Over Country". 

In came a new VP who quite literally declared Bud Light's customers to be nothing more than "frat boys" (yes, her words were leaked) and hired a third-party advertising company to turn that around. They went with someone who even the LGBT community is split on, and things fell apart from there. 

Essentially Bud Light is now a dead brand. AB would do well to withdraw it from the market and leave it idle for a decade so that people can forget what happened. 

Bud Light is damaged, but the Bud Light tent at Rockville last night was packed and people all over the festival were drinking Bud Light. I was sort of surprised it was so popular actually! 

1 hour ago, LDSGator said:

Bud Light is damaged, but the Bud Light tent at Rockville last night was packed and people all over the festival were drinking Bud Light. I was sort of surprised it was so popular actually! 

Well, Bud Light is one of their sponsors and concertgoers will have their beer while at the show.  I'm not surprised they were busy.  I've never been to a show where the beer wasn't flowing heavily.

2 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

Well, Bud Light is one of their sponsors and concertgoers will have their beer while at the show.  I'm not surprised they were busy.  I've never been to a show where the beer wasn't flowing heavily.

Yup, any port in a storm, especially when you are the only available port.  However, if the boycott was really that soul crushing to Bud then it would still be much less busy than I saw. 

Edited by LDSGator

17 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

I think the death of their sales outside of a sponsorship speaks for itself.

I've seen numerous high school friends of mine stating they are boycotting BL and AB.  But at the same time most of those same friends aren't the type that would go to a concert with Alice Cooper and Gobsmack.  Not I'm not saying there is something wrong with going to those concerts. There's not.  Just not the thing for many in my generation.  We enjoyed a lot of soft rock.  Though we did throw in a bit of Led Zeppelin.  

14 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

Bonham’s kid was one of the headliners last night. It was like ordering Led Zeppelin on Wish. 

That slow huh?

5 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

it sounded like someone put a Zeppelin CD in the car stereo, invited some friends over and they all had a nice little sing a long in front of the campfire. 

There was a time, not so long ago, when Led Zeppelin was considered cutting-edge hard rock or metal, the mere playing of which was sure to conjure Satan.