The Mark of the Beast Begins

Carborendum

Regarding the Paypal stuff:

PayPal Pulls Back, Says It Won’t Fine Customers $2,500 for ‘Misinformation’ after Backlash

“An AUP notice recently went out in error that included incorrect information. PayPal is not fining people for misinformation and this language was never intended to be inserted in our policy. Our teams are working to correct our policy pages. We’re sorry for the confusion this has caused,”

Former PayPal president David Marcus even blasted the company over the implication that it could seize customers’ money for finding their views objectionable.

“It’s hard for me to openly criticize a company I used to love and gave so much to. But @PayPal’s new AUP goes against everything I believe in,” the cryptocurrency entrepreneur said Saturday. “A private company now gets to decide to take your money if you say something they disagree with. Insanity.”

Of course, it's always a good time to be out of debt.

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

Regarding the Paypal stuff:

PayPal Pulls Back, Says It Won’t Fine Customers $2,500 for ‘Misinformation’ after Backlash

Of course, it's always a good time to be out of debt.

I love how they say it was in error...as if anyone actually believes that. They just mistakenly went to the effort of writing all of that out, and it just mistakenly got added to the terms, and someone just mistakenly sent out the message to users worldwide. Yeah...no mistake there.

Consumers must push back and not allow their freedoms, voices, and liberties to be squandered by companies that hold more power than they deserve. Sadly though, this type of thing will one day be accepted, and the saints will need to show what it really means to put your trust in the Lord.

37 minutes ago, scottyg said:

I love how they say it was in error...as if anyone actually believes that. They just mistakenly went to the effort of writing all of that out, and it just mistakenly got added to the terms, and someone just mistakenly sent out the message to users worldwide. Yeah...no mistake there.

Consumers must push back and not allow their freedoms, voices, and liberties to be squandered by companies that hold more power than they deserve. Sadly though, this type of thing will one day be accepted, and the saints will need to show what it really means to put your trust in the Lord.

Best-case scenario is that they *were* considering it at one point, just like AOC was considering such a super-strict reduction in cattle-based methane as to essentially mandate a cow genocide, and someone put it on the website without actually being told to do so. 

1 hour ago, scottyg said:

This is just an allegation right now. But even if it is true, it’s just a company choosing who it does business with-something that conservatives have preached that companies have a right to do for decades. I understand why it’s concerning though now that the shoe is on the other foot. 

This is hardly an indicator of the mark of the beast. Or, if it is, “The Beast” is getting pretty lazy. 

Edited by LDSGator

To be clear, I think there will be a literal mark of the beast. But Christians have cried wolf so much over it that the townspeople have every right to ignore them.

As a believing Christian, I wish we were far more careful with end time predictions like this. You can only scream alarms at people for so long until they have every right to ignore you. 

Edited by LDSGator

3 hours ago, scottyg said:

First Kanye, now this.  Wow.

So, this is really happening.  Sad thing is that Chase has actually been more pro-free market than other banks.  They were still a pretty tough corporation (even with my income and 800+ credit score, I couldn't get a mortgage through them.)  But they operated as a "big corporation", not "the beast".

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an about-face like Paypal soon.  But maybe not.

I was really thinking this would proceed a lot more slowly (frog in a pot).  But we'll see over the course of the next few years if it is going to be accelerated or not. 

As for the mark of the beast... Yes, I think it will be TPTB taking over the banking system and demanding that we behave certain ways or else we will have no money, no way to get paid for services, no way to transfer money.  Just hang in there for the next four years and we'll see if this is really it or not.  I believe it will be evident by 2026.

Sign "watchers", not sign seekers.

Edited by Carborendum

15 hours ago, LDSGator said:

To be clear, I think there will be a literal mark of the beast. But Christians have cried wolf so much over it that the townspeople have every right to ignore them.

As a believing Christian, I wish we were far more careful with end time predictions like this. You can only scream alarms at people for so long until they have every right to ignore you. 

I think the whole cry-wolf thing is what is going to mix and confuse so many voices. I've made no secret (if not here, elsewhere) of my belief that much of the anti-vax, flat-earth, and other such things are a sort of words-of-men-and-scripture-bits-for-the-praise-of-others-conspiracy designed to confuse Christians. And even as I speak against those, a little part of my mind wonders if the reverse is true and that's how they getcha, as they say. 

To bring it 'round to the current point, it truly is so hard to determine what could be the mark of the beast or any other milder form of such. 

There are so many things that, on paper, perfectly appeal to the righteous rage of Christians wanting to do right and avoid evil. But how much of that are red herrings?

17 minutes ago, Backroads said:

I think the whole cry-wolf thing is what is going to mix and confuse so many voices...

Yes, unfortunately, many have cried wolf because they just don't read the scriptures.  They hear one word or phrase and latch onto it without actually knowing what the scriptures say.

I remember how many conservatives cried out that Obama was "The Beast".  So, I went and gave Revelation another read through looking for any commonalities, anything he did that would satisfy the criteria.  

I really WANTED to believe he was the beast.  But as thoroughly as I looked in the Bible and in all news reports, I just couldn't make the connection.  I had to admit that he was NOT the beast.

While I disagreed with him politically, I've taken a look at his Presidency and realized that despite his rhetoric, the only major thing he actually DID that I disagreed with was Obamacare.  Apart from that, all of my dislike was what he SAID.  And a bunch of minor stuff didn't really matter in the long run.

Ironically, that is what actually opened me up to Trump more easily.  I watched more of what he DID rather than what he SAID.  And I actually liked what he did (except for the COVID reaction).

While the banking industry is going down that road, there are still some more checklist items to satisfy before we can really be sure this is it.  And we'll know in a few years.... At least that was my previous prediction.  I'm now seeing things going a lot faster than I had previously predicted.  So, who knows?  It may be sooner than that.

Just now, mirkwood said:

Discernment when watching the signs of the times is important.  Outright disbelief of anything conspiracy related is not discrenment.

Yes, and this is what I mean when describing "sign-watchers" instead of "sign-seekers."

We're given the signs so we may be vigilant.  We're supposed to notice when ANY of the signs start popping up, so we can oppose them.  But it does not necessarily follow that ANY time a SINGLE sign pops up that we're there already.

No, when one sign pops up and simply opposing it seems ineffectual, we need to keep working at it.  And if a second sign pops up, we need to oppose that as well.  Eventually, the earth will find itself (whether our generation or a future one) in a predicament when we've been opposing things all along, but we have not been able to retrieve power to reverse it.

That's when we'll know that it is REALLY it. 

I wish there were some other way.  But all we know of is the early warning signs.  It won't be until the final nail is in the coffin that we'll really be sure.  Until then, just keep opposing the early warning signs.

The ultimate mark, whatever it will be, will be clear to everyone at the time...Christians will not partake of it unknowingly. Evil designs that are currently taking place are not crying wolf per se, but are a pattern of how the path for such evil designs are being put into action - kind of like a test phase.

The adversary has already laid his foundation, and is now building to fulfil it's ultimate purpose, to turn people away from Jesus Christ by any means necessary, and the mark will do that through temporal and monetary pressures.

14 hours ago, Carborendum said:

As for the mark of the beast... Yes, I think it will be TPTB taking over the banking system and demanding that we behave certain ways or else we will have no money, no way to get paid for services, no way to transfer money.  Just hang in there for the next four years and we'll see if this is really it or not.  I believe it will be evident by 2026.

Yep, and that's one reason all of my money is in a local credit union. Not perfect, but better than a big bank for now.

Someday many of the people in this church will need to find other ways to "pay" for things, like bartering items or providing direct services for direct goods with no "money" exchange. Food storage, trade skills, farming and gardening knowledge, and owning small animals like Chickens will all be very important.

I am very worried over how much farmland bill gates is buying. Thankfully, the church outbid him on a large plot last year. :)

1 hour ago, Backroads said:

think the whole cry-wolf thing is what is going to mix and confuse so many voices

Yes, agree totally. It’s fun to throw around doomsday scenarios because it doesn’t cost you anything to be wrong.

You can also just dance around when you are proven incorrect. If you say Tuesday will be judgement day then come Wednesday when everyone is still here you can claim it was a “hidden rapture” or something, just like Harold Camping. 

Edited by LDSGator

1 hour ago, scottyg said:

Someday many of the people in this church will need to find other ways to "pay" for things, like bartering items or providing direct services for direct goods with no "money" exchange. Food storage, trade skills, farming and gardening knowledge, and owning small animals like Chickens will all be very important.

I'm not quite convinced that we will have "NO" way to pay for things via the traditional means.  It may be so. But the verbiage in Rev 13 isn't clear on that. 

It is clear that this is the intent of the mark.  But whether it will be successful or not is unclear.  I'm trying to pay attention to what the Church is doing with its money.  That should be a huge clue.

• 7 months later...

ESG is apparently the current iteration of the Mark.

When the largest private bank in the world is de-banking Christian Groups without explanation, we begin to understand that we have a problem with the banking system.

We're going to see more organizations that have no ESG score or a low ESG score will become de-banked.  How long before they start doing that with individuals?

It is so easy and convenient to have a cell phone that allows every aspect of our lives to be tracked and recorded.  But we all enjoy and even love having it with us at all times.  One might even say we're addicted to it.

Banking or some sort of monetary system will be like that in the future.  We'll have easy access to earn and spend that is so convenient that we'll give up so many of our rights to have it.

And it will appear that no government intervention is included.  But it will be.  Subsidies, policies, political pressure, bribes, stock manipulation, advertisement...

We're screwed.

On 10/14/2022 at 10:48 AM, LDSGator said:

. . . when everyone is still here you can claim it was a “hidden rapture” or something, just like Harold Camping. 

Oh, that fraudster Harold Camping.  A lying false prophet that made a lot of money with his fake predictions.  The stolen money was not worth it Harold.  I am sure he knows now that he is dead and having to face the consequences of his actions.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 5:52 PM, LDSGator said:

The latests warnings I've heard on this at least sound a little more plausible.  They have new chips that can have the brain tell them how to do things.  They are using it right now for various items and it is going through testing with various companies (one of the most famous is with Elon Musks companies). 

Some have remarked that if it becomes a universal thing (sort of like the smart phones, or microwave ovens of our time) that it literally could be in the forehead or hand and if used like phones are, you'd use it for banking, checking, and everything financial. 

Not sure if that would follow, but I'd say probably a little more believeable as the mark than the nametag on someone's vest.

PS: To be clear, I AM NOT saying the above is the mark either, just noting it matches more closely if we are looking for a physical sign than a nametag which is neither on the head nor the hand. 

Edited by JohnsonJones