Magnifying Your Priesthood

Just wanted to get some discussion going on the topic. What does one have to do to magnify their priesthood more effectively?

I think first off the Priesthood holder needs to fully understand and appreciate the blessing hes has recieved and the power for good he can use it for if done in accordance with Gods will.

Second, we should be living our lives that is in accordance of the commandments and doing all we can to know the will of our Father in heaven and be prepared to act according to his will in a moments notice.

Third, Make certain we always realize that the power of the Priesthood is indeed a blessing and never be used unrightiously or without reverence.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Latter-Day James

Just wanted to get some discussion going on the topic. What does one have to do to magnify their priesthood more effectively?

One must of course live worthily. Magnifying the priesthood entails so much and discussion could go on forever. To really magnify your priesthood. One must use it. Not to just have, but to use whenever opportunity is given and appropriate. Giving blessings. Father's blessings, blessings for the sick. Going home teaching. Fulfilling your calling whatever it may be. Being a spiritual leader in the home, as a father, a husband, son, etc. Let us use that sacred power given unto us for righteous purposes and may we strive to remain worthy to do so.

Magnifying your priesthood (or any calling) is simply doing that calling as best you can.

I remember something that Ken Swain, who was executive secretary to Dallin H. Oaks when Elder Oaks was the area president in the Philippines, told me. He said that if things appeared to be going smoothly and that there were no complaints, that their attitude was that problems were being covered up. So they went out and looked for them. This is one way that Elder Oaks was able to turn the Philippines around from high inactivity and poor leadership to a dynamic, highly active and well-led country. He went out of his way to look for something to do.

Jesus magnified his work by going about doing good. That is what our attitude should be -- always looking for good to do.

I think one of the MOST important ways men can magnify their preisthood is my making sure they are humble, teachable and that they do not use dominance or thier priesthood as a prideful thing, meaning that they believe themselves superior to women, or other men without the preisthood.

Also that they keep temple covenants.