Very Interesting...

Anddenex

28 minutes ago, scottyg said:

This, and other methods of intimidation, will one day be used against members of the church...or anyone who professes a belief in Christ for that matter.

This is one thing I have concerns about. We are already seeing this form of intimidation in many avenues.

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Yup, Edward Snowden already warned us about this.  Funny how things seem to come out only when a Democrat is President. Unless the President is the target of the spying.

If you'll recall, back when Obama was in office it was discovered that the government was spying on several people who worked for the Associated Press. 

It was one of *many* scandals during the Obama administration, scandals that a lot of his supporters still claim never somehow happened. 

On 7/27/2022 at 1:42 PM, Anddenex said:

This is one thing I have concerns about. We are already seeing this form of intimidation in many avenues.

The following is another example. In coming days their rationale will shift to Christianity. How will the saints react when not just a state, but individuals are targeted?

https://www.ksl.com/article/50448324/group-cancels-salt-lake-convention-over-utah-laws-on-abortion-transgender-girls-sports

4 minutes ago, scottyg said:

The following is another example. In coming days their rationale will shift to Christianity. How will the saints react when not just a state, but individuals are targeted?

https://www.ksl.com/article/50448324/group-cancels-salt-lake-convention-over-utah-laws-on-abortion-transgender-girls-sports

Yep, this is a perfect example, and yes, if we look at the Bible and the Book of Mormon we know before Christ came the first time those that believed were targeted by those that did not.

What will be even more concerning is the members of the Church who are in support and do support such actions. We will see this also, and already are seeing this to a point.

1 hour ago, Anddenex said:

Yep, this is a perfect example, and yes, if we look at the Bible and the Book of Mormon we know before Christ came the first time those that believed were targeted by those that did not.

What will be even more concerning is the members of the Church who are in support and do support such actions. We will see this also, and already are seeing this to a point.

We sadly have multiple families/individuals in our ward who have been to the temple, and for all intents and purposes were "fully active" members; who now, have not been to church in over 2 years since the church won't "authorize" homosexuality. They fly the pride flag proudly on their homes, and tell all they meet that the church will be changing soon...that they will soon 'embrace love' and 'accept everyone as the Savior would'.

A great deal of pressure will come from within just as much as from the outside.

13 hours ago, scottyg said:

We sadly have multiple families/individuals in our ward who have been to the temple, and for all intents and purposes were "fully active" members; who now, have not been to church in over 2 years since the church won't "authorize" homosexuality. They fly the pride flag proudly on their homes, and tell all they meet that the church will be changing soon...that they will soon 'embrace love' and 'accept everyone as the Savior would'.

A great deal of pressure will come from within just as much as from the outside.

Yep, and something I never saw (at least from this brother) has already removed me from his life. He initiated the setting on Facebook where I can't see him anymore nor any post even if we post on the same message. He even told our mother that it was either him or me, and he now has blacklisted her because she chooses both (the shame of her to love both sons). It's sad (oh well, his choice) but this is exactly what we have been warned about. The devil will rage in the hearts of men in the last days, and he will pit them against their brother/sister.

This is because I don't adhere to the ideologies of mammon with regards to the LGBTQ.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

I wonder... Saruman of many colors.

One can argue that he was the key figure in the story...the turning point. If he had not sought his own will, but the will of those who sent him, the number of lives lost would have been greatly diminished, and Sauron would have needed an entirely new plan as his forces alone would have been spread too thin.

One grain of rice can tip the scales, whether it be a wizard, or a hobbit.

1 hour ago, scottyg said:

One can argue that he was the key figure in the story...the turning point. If he had not sought his own will, but the will of those who sent him, the number of lives lost would have been greatly diminished, and Sauron would have needed an entirely new plan as his forces alone would have been spread too thin.

One grain of rice can tip the scales, whether it be a wizard, or a hobbit.

I think you misunderstood my intent.

Do you know the background of Saruman's many colors in the books?

26 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I think you misunderstood my intent.

Do you know the background of Saruman's many colors in the books?

I believe so, but I do not know if Tolkien wrote any specifics. In short, the way I view it is that the color white is the reflection of all colors at once. He initially had everything he needed, and was the greatest of the five, including most in middle earth.

Choosing to wear many colors over white was his outward expression of pride, thinking that he now had (or always had) the powers and knowledge of all the wizards, and those who created him. It was his way of "showing" everyone that he had all power, that he was diverse in knowledge and influence. In reality, he was muddled, confused, and a shell of what he once was.

Sorry if my first comment was a bit off topic/course...I am known to do that when my mind starts thinking about too many things at once. ;)

@scottyg - Here is another example of the attack against religion that is happening. My daughter works at the MTC. She has befriended a wonderful Korean girl who is from Korea. She can no longer work at the MTC because of a new rule that has been implemented this fall semester. If you are on a Visa they prohibit you from working for a religious organization. There is no logical or good reason for this restriction. If a person comes to America on a Visa they should be able to work anywhere that offers a job.

The devil works by small and simple means. We will see how this unfolds also.

Edited by Anddenex

30 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

She can no longer work at the MTC because of a new rule that has been implemented this fall semester. If you are on a Visa they prohibit you from working for a religious organization.

I would be very curious to know why this restriction was put in place. The only thing I could dig up was the following website. It wouldn't surprise me if instead of clearing up the backlog, they just got rid of it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.natlawreview.com/article/religious-workers-face-uncertainty-over-immigration-status%3famp

14 hours ago, scottyg said:

I would be very curious to know why this restriction was put in place. The only thing I could dig up was the following website. It wouldn't surprise me if instead of clearing up the backlog, they just got rid of it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.natlawreview.com/article/religious-workers-face-uncertainty-over-immigration-status%3famp

Same. It makes absolutely no sense to restrict where a person can work if they come into the US. This is a subtle attack against religion -- to be frank by the great and abominable church.