Mind/spirit interaction

askandanswer

Mind/spirit interaction.

The following question occurred to me a short time ago while reading Alma 37:32 and reflecting on how useful it was to conceal the information about the operation of secret combinations.

Both the Holy Ghost and Satan are beings of spirit and both have the capacity to influence thoughts, feelings and ideas. Bearing in mind the fact that all spirit is matter, could these three facts provide support for any conclusions about how spirit beings interact with the physical, neurological operation of our minds?

Obviously these three facts on their own are far from being sufficient to generate any reliable understandings about the nature of spirit/mind interaction, but could they form part of the foundation on which an understanding could be built, once more information comes to light,  or are they sufficient to point the way to some possible conclusions, while pointing away from other conclusions?

I would say all of the above. We are informed in scripture that our reward will be based upon the Spirit/spirit we list to obey. If we are listing to obey the wrong spirit, then that spirit could increase our understanding toward anything false. We may have a foundation of some truth, and then they by small and simple mean form/create a new concept within that foundation.

We all are given the light of Christ to know good from evil. This means we already have formed, by the light of Christ, a knowledge of good and evil. Depending on what we call -- good or evil -- the foundation then can be changed.

Easy example -- "God doesn't make mistakes." The statement by itself is true, but look how this statement has been used to fall away from truth and start living a lifestyle that is obviously sin -- against God.

On 8/10/2022 at 4:28 PM, askandanswer said:

Mind/spirit interaction.

The following question occurred to me a short time ago while reading Alma 37:32 and reflecting on how useful it was to conceal the information about the operation of secret combinations.

Both the Holy Ghost and Satan are beings of spirit and both have the capacity to influence thoughts, feelings and ideas. Bearing in mind the fact that all spirit is matter, could these three facts provide support for any conclusions about how spirit beings interact with the physical, neurological operation of our minds?

Obviously these three facts on their own are far from being sufficient to generate any reliable understandings about the nature of spirit/mind interaction, but could they form part of the foundation on which an understanding could be built, once more information comes to light,  or are they sufficient to point the way to some possible conclusions, while pointing away from other conclusions?

I think that as long as spirit and element are connected, the spirit affects the element that houses it and the element affects the spirit that chose to connect with it. Given that we (our spirits, "For man is spirit"), chose to come into this second estate and become souls, the spirit will also quicken and glorify of the element that houses it in the resurrection. Spirit is matter, but is more fine and pure than the element that houses it. I count brains and neurochemicals as element.