Taiwan is the Beginning

Carborendum

Anyone willing to take bets on Taiwan?

This will be the official "no turning back" moment of WWIII.  While the Russian invasion will be the beginning date, it will not be considered WWIII untill China and the US officially have military personnel in combat.  Then all the nations of the world will enter it.  NATO.

China just pulled out most of its major corporations from the US stock market.  It has been hailed as "The end of Chimerica".  There's a double meaning in that portmanteau.

This is more than a caveat.  It's a harbinger.

Chinese gains through war with the US can be bought at an all-time low price.  Our Military is bleeding personnel.  They are having trouble recruiting.  Officers are being promoted due to the intersectional olympics more than ability.  Moral (intentional misspelling) is at near all-time lows.  Training standards have been lowered to the lowest common denominator.  And the introduction of trans individuals is wreaking havoc with troop unity.  The only advantage we have is technology.

Meanwhile, the Chinese economy is currently bleeding badly enough that they are desperate for gains.  This is reminiscent of the Japanese before Pearl Harbor.  They had to attack before they became unable to.

Add the posturing and saber rattling around Taiwan, I can't believe I'm the only one seeing the potential here.

Just as WWI began with the assassination of Ferdinand, I'm concerned that we have members of Congress visiting Taiwan at this stage.  If Biden decides to visit, I wonder if his assassination would have a similar effect for this era.  China actually sees Biden as an ally, but his low popularity means that China doesn't have much use for him.

If my concerns are well-founded, then we're going to see them act soon.  For warfare's sake, it needs to be in the next few months.  If they wait until the all-important date of Jan 20th, then we know we have a Manchurian candidate.

If it doesn't happen, then we all need to be very grateful that prayers for peace have been answered.  And we will find ourselves narrowly avoiding Armageddon once again.

I have been getting bad feelings about China.  It has a very large military, the largest in the world.  The leadership seem obsessed with calling Taiwan part of China. 

In the last days before the LORD comes it would not surprise me if China was one of the main invading forces into Israel.  Will they attack Taiwan soon?  I hope not.

From what I have heard, if the Chinese were to invade Taiwan they would lose many, numerous troops.  It would make their military look weak with the terrible losses. 

If China were to invade Taiwan they would first need to bomb and shell it for a long period of time.  It would take a very long time I believe before Taiwan defenses would be weakened enough for China to attempt a land invasion of troops.  It would be a very long campaign that would require many Chinese resources.

On 8/20/2022 at 5:38 PM, Still_Small_Voice said:

From what I have heard, if the Chinese were to invade Taiwan they would lose many, numerous troops.  It would make their military look weak with the terrible losses. 

If China were to invade Taiwan they would first need to bomb and shell it for a long period of time.  It would take a very long time I believe before Taiwan defenses would be weakened enough for China to attempt a land invasion of troops.  It would be a very long campaign that would require many Chinese resources.

I think we are most likely going to see a multi pronged attack, Taiwan, South Korea and another Russian attack, on a member of Nato this time. All at the same time, with a weak leadership response from the United States will make things very bad for a while.

On 8/20/2022 at 5:38 PM, Still_Small_Voice said:

I don't think China would be crazy enough to Attack Taiwan...yet. 

I will say that I have heard that they have an overpopulation of young men.  I've heard the number of 30 million tossed about.  If you have to many of one resource, especially in that area, tossing them into the furnace to burn through them to gain an advantage in another area (such as taking an island) may not seem as crazy. 

I hope that this type of thing would not happen.  I think right now they are just posturing, but I have been wrong before. 

8 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

I don't think China would be crazy enough to Attack Taiwan...yet. 

I will say that I have heard that they have an overpopulation of young men.  I've heard the number of 30 million tossed about.  If you have to many of one resource, especially in that area, tossing them into the furnace to burn through them to gain an advantage in another area (such as taking an island) may not seem as crazy. 

I hope that this type of thing would not happen.  I think right now they are just posturing, but I have been wrong before. 

The issue is China's disastrous "One Child" policy. 

For several decades, China had a law in place stating that the vast majority of the populace could only have 1 child per couple unless they received special permission from the government. 

Many families responded by aborting or deliberately orphaning their girls because boys have a far higher place in society. This created the massive gender imbalance, to the point that many Chinese men have no hope of ever finding a wife. 

When situations like this happen, these men tend to get quite unruly and disgruntled. It's been speculated before that China might at some point deliberately start another war for the sole purpose of burning off their excess male population and bringing their numbers back into a rough parity.