Good News Minute

Traela

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo!!!! Good shoes are hard to find.

My good news: I finally cleaned and organized my front entry way. We have two large bulletin boards in the hallway now for organizing school papers and a coat rack hanging under one for backpacks, jackets, etc.

Oh - And I'm getting massage tonight!!!!!! :D I have an old gift card I've been meaning to use. I think I might get my hair cut too.

My husbands cholesterol level came back at 147. Down from 280 over a 4 year period. They cut his statin drug in half last year and now are considering taking him off of it all together. :wub:

Woo hoo!!!! :D That's great news! I should get my cholesterol checked.

:D I'm not pregnant! :lol: (That's a good thing.) I have 6 kids: oldest 9 and youngest 10 months.

:lol: Congratulations!

My husbands cholesterol level came back at 147. Down from 280 over a 4 year period. They cut his statin drug in half last year and now are considering taking him off of it all together. :wub:

Is your husband taking cinnamon for his high blood pressure? Don't laugh - it works. My brother consumes 1 tsp a day. Doesn't matter how you get it into you - cinnamon capsuls, on your cereal, in your pero/hot cocoa, herbal tea, etc. He buys the cheapest he can find and has it in his coffee (not a member). He is now off meds and consuming cinnamon daily and his cholesteral is low and level. Forgot what he told me it is - but his Dr and Nutritionist are thrilled with his results.

Is your husband taking cinnamon for his high blood pressure? Don't laugh - it works. My brother consumes 1 tsp a day. Doesn't matter how you get it into you - cinnamon capsuls, on your cereal, in your pero/hot cocoa, herbal tea, etc. He buys the cheapest he can find and has it in his coffee (not a member). He is now off meds and consuming cinnamon daily and his cholesteral is low and level. Forgot what he told me it is - but his Dr and Nutritionist are thrilled with his results.

What happened is that 4 years ago I started feeding us a lot of oats, barley and soy. These are the 3 foods that are supposed to bring the bad cholesterol down while increasing the good cholesterol. I make a low-fat granola that has cinnamon in it and is sweetened with spenda. I cut the oil by 3/4ths. He eats this every morning.

We eat a barley soup that he really likes about once every two weeks. I started making meat loaf with oats instead of crackers as a filler.

The big thing is that my hubby likes to eat cookies and ice cream every night. I couldn't get him to stop and he was eating oreos and bluebell. I started making homemade cookies and got him switched over to low-fat frozen yogurt.

For the cookies I use spenda and then for each cup of flour in the recipe, I remove 4 TBSP. of the flour and replace it with 2 TBSP of powdered soy beans and 2 TBSP powdered milk. My cookies are high in protein and calcium.

I didn't realize the cinnamon could be so good for him too. I'll add more to the granola next time I make it. Thanks.

What happened is that 4 years ago I started feeding us a lot of oats, barley and soy. These are the 3 foods that are supposed to bring the bad cholesterol down while increasing the good cholesterol. I make a low-fat granola that has cinnamon in it and is sweetened with spenda. I cut the oil by 3/4ths. He eats this every morning.

We eat a barley soup that he really likes about once every two weeks. I started making meat loaf with oats instead of crackers as a filler.

The big thing is that my hubby likes to eat cookies and ice cream every night. I couldn't get him to stop and he was eating oreos and bluebell. I started making homemade cookies and got him switched over to low-fat frozen yogurt.

For the cookies I use spenda and then for each cup of flour in the recipe, I remove 4 TBSP. of the flour and replace it with 2 TBSP of powdered soy beans and 2 TBSP powdered milk. My cookies are high in protein and calcium.

I didn't realize the cinnamon could be so good for him too. I'll add more to the granola next time I make it. Thanks.

Wow! You're a good wife to work so hard to keep your husband healthy! :D

My good news: Last night we purchased a new (to us) washer and dryer!! Yay, no more trips to the laundry mat!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! That is wonderful news!!!!!

My good news for the day is that my brother found out he got the day off so he can come to my son's baptism. :)

Wow! You're a good wife to work so hard to keep your husband healthy! :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! That is wonderful news!!!!!

My good news for the day is that my brother found out he got the day off so he can come to my son's baptism. :)

I cleaned and organized my fridge yesterday! So many things were falling out or were buried, so it's a lot nicer now. I also wrote on the drawers in dry erase marker to please not put any produce in them because we forget about them and then a long time later we're wondering what the heck that used to be. Unidentified remains. *shudder* I'm going to use the drawers for cheese, unopened containers, and other things that don't make a huge mess in there. I also made a big "To Do List", made some more arrangements for my son's upcoming baptism, and I figured out a way to get these annoying mildewy spots off my ceiling above my shower (tried mopping with Soft Scrub, but it didn't work). I used straight bleach from a spray bottle, left the room for a while, and when I came back they were pretty much gone. Woo hoo! That's been bugging me. Today I'm going to get my oil changed and we'll see what else I can get accomplished after that. :D I did a lot of cleaning yesterday.

I cleaned and organized my fridge yesterday! So many things were falling out or were buried, so it's a lot nicer now. I also wrote on the drawers in dry erase marker to please not put any produce in them because we forget about them and then a long time later we're wondering what the heck that used to be. Unidentified remains. *shudder* I'm going to use the drawers for cheese, unopened containers, and other things that don't make a huge mess in there. I also made a big "To Do List", made some more arrangements for my son's upcoming baptism, and I figured out a way to get these annoying mildewy spots off my ceiling above my shower (tried mopping with Soft Scrub, but it didn't work). I used straight bleach from a spray bottle, left the room for a while, and when I came back they were pretty much gone. Woo hoo! That's been bugging me. Today I'm going to get my oil changed and we'll see what else I can get accomplished after that. :D I did a lot of cleaning yesterday.

Awesome!! I love the feeling after cleaning my fridge out. It's the same as when I vacuum. It makes me feel proud... I know I'm strange. :P

Pink Panther... I remember how absolutely thrilled I was when I finally got my washer and dryer... the luxury!! the joy!! of not having to go the the laundromat... How I used to hate that. If I did it during the week, it was at night after a full day's work. If on the weekend, it took up several hours. I'll never forget how it felt just to go from my kitchen into the garage any time I wanted...

My good news is that my dear Charlie-cat has his meow back... I think he was allergic to something in a new dry food (Fancy Feast) that I tried, whereas he was so vocal and shortly after I started giving him the new brand of food...which he loved and just scarffed down...he would cough and his meow got weaker until he just quit. So I went back to his old brand (Friskies) and now his meow is back and he is once again his vocal little self.

Charlie is like having a little kid... I have to call next week to schedule a teeth cleaning. If he gets sick, I have to run him to the doctor (vet)... I have to watch his nutrition/diet and make sure he gets his vitamins... When I put him out I say "Stay in the Yard." If he misbehaves, I yell out the door at him, "No - No!! You leave those birds alone!" When it gets dark, I call for him to come in... "Chaarrllliieee" etc etc.

The Garden Girl :D

Pink Panther... I remember how absolutely thrilled I was when I finally got my washer and dryer... the luxury!! the joy!! of not having to go the the laundromat... How I used to hate that. If I did it during the week, it was at night after a full day's work. If on the weekend, it took up several hours. I'll never forget how it felt just to go from my kitchen into the garage any time I wanted...

My good news is that my dear Charlie-cat has his meow back... I think he was allergic to something in a new dry food (Fancy Feast) that I tried, whereas he was so vocal and shortly after I started giving him the new brand of food...which he loved and just scarffed down...he would cough and his meow got weaker until he just quit. So I went back to his old brand (Friskies) and now his meow is back and he is once again his vocal little self.

Charlie is like having a little kid... I have to call next week to schedule a teeth cleaning. If he gets sick, I have to run him to the doctor (vet)... I have to watch his nutrition/diet and make sure he gets his vitamins... When I put him out I say "Stay in the Yard." If he misbehaves, I yell out the door at him, "No - No!! You leave those birds alone!" When it gets dark, I call for him to come in... "Chaarrllliieee" etc etc.

The Garden Girl :D

:lol: You should market that to Friskies for a commercial.

• 3 weeks later...