Good News Minute

Traela

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 8-year-old son sang his first solo last night at a baptism and he did a wonderful job. :D We had a last minute baptism and when they asked me to play some interlude music while waiting for the sister to dry off, I asked my son if he would like to sing "I Am a Child of God". He immediately said yes even though he knew he would be really nervous. I'm so proud of him!

I finally found some fashion dolls for my 7-year-old that are appropriate for little girls! (No Bratz in our house :angry: ) They're called "Only Hearts Club" and I just got my order for Christmas this week. The dolls are so CUTE, and look like real little girls!

If you're looking for Christmas presents, here's the link (I hope): OnlyHeartsClub

We had snow flurries yesterday! I love snow! Now I just want it to stick!

I like snow when we don't have to drive anywhere. Here in the Seattle area, there is lots of black ice when it snows and we have many hills. Last year we had these ice pellets come with very little warning. I picked my son up from school and everything was clear. We went to the store to get some needed items to deal with the cold weather and when we came out, there were ice pellets everywhere. I got stuck at the bottom of our hill for a long time and was finally able to move when I put it in first gear. My then 4-year-old said a prayer that we would make it home. When we were stuck, it wasn't safe to get out of the car because we were in the middle of a four lane road with all sorts of people going around us and people sliding down the hill. We fish tailed all the way up the hill and I was terrified. This car next to me finally pulled over and gave up and when we got to the top of the hill, I said, "Your prayer worked!" Then we went home and prayed for my husband to make it. He had to park at the bottom and walk up. It was fun once we were home and settled - we got a nice dumping of snow that night, but it can't stand having to drive in it.

My good news: Both of my kids are at school today after having been sick all week. And I am feeling much better too. Woo hoo!!!

• 3 weeks later...

My husband got a new job! It includes HMO health insurance for the whole family! That alone will save us over $500/month. We've had massive financial problems since March of this year and are finally (as of this Friday when I pay the phone bill and November's car payment) caught up. The previous year we paid off $25,000 in debt. This new job will put us back on track to pay off the last of the debt. Yay! :lol:

My husband got a new job! It includes HMO health insurance for the whole family! That alone will save us over $500/month. We've had massive financial problems since March of this year and are finally (as of this Friday when I pay the phone bill and November's car payment) caught up. The previous year we paid off $25,000 in debt. This new job will put us back on track to pay off the last of the debt. Yay! :lol:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! I'm hoping to post something like that soon too. Friday is when my husband has his company party and they get Christmas bonuses. That's also when they decide if there will be raises. Last year there was a mediocre bonus (compared to what they said it would be) and no raises for anyone. Oh please, please let there be raises this year. Enjoy the debtfreeness! I just made up a word.