New v. Old Avengers

Carborendum

I just noticed this short from Youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/shorts/efYeNDB7Mdk

It shows clips comparing the new vs old Avengers of the MCU (duh).  Clearly, the old is far superior to the new.

It really isn't just the wokeness.  The characters, the choreography, the cinematography, music, direction, set design, sound effects, music, and even the acting is just sub-standard.  It isn't even men vs women.  The ScarJo Black Widow vs her counterpart in the BW movie clearly shows that the old stuff was better.

It is one thing to inject wokeness into the storyline.  But to think that if it is woke, you can just make a bad product and still get away with it just isn't respecting your audience.

There is a reason we watch superhero movies.  It is escapism.  It is hope.  It is fantasy.  But they give us a sub-standard product and we just don't feel like we've escaped from anything.  We're just being asked to sit through a 90 min jr high school lesson on being woke.

I’m not sure how fair a comparison those clips were. Hulk and Hawkeye are comparing movie effects and choreography against a tv series, isn’t it? And Black Widow is movie v. movie, but White Widow’s weak, goofy landing was done intentionally to mock Black Widow’s signature landing style. I can’t compare Wakanda to Iron Man because I didn’t even know that one was happening (happened?).

When I saw the title I thought it was comparing comics of yesteryear to today.

I prefer the comics of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.   I was a teenager in the 60s and that's when a lot of these comics got a lot more popular. 

Of course, there are comics that have disappeared that were in the newspapers and other areas of the past such as The  Phantom (one of my favorites), Dick Tracey, Annie, Flash Gordon and others.

I like the older comics as they were prior to the 90s because they were better in the area of morality.  They were written with children in mind but adults could also enjoy them, and you didn't have the breaking of the law of chastity or other such things in the comics.  The worst was probably Beetle Bailey and the various imitations of cursing (which was something experienced in the military quite a bit, so it reflected that I suppose). 

I haven't read a comicbook in decades, but from what I've read about them they have turned into pure dross these days with their various immorality and other items being pushed.  It seems they are made more for adults rather than anything else.  I don't think children should read such smut as I've heard is found in the comics these days.  It is a sad reflection of how and where our world has turned.

Luckily, when I read the comic strips in the Sunday paper I don't see such stuff in general, but they are also missing the comic serials which I so enjoyed many years ago.

All fair points.  But it seems that these explanations aren't enough.  It seems like they are no longer trying.  The "overwhelm" per @Backroads is probably a fair comment on that.  But they could still try a bit harder.  Or at least they could just call it a day and preserve the fond memories of a really good series of movies.  As it is they're destroying the legacy.