Why or why not, are you Excited about Twitter being freed?

Emmanuel Goldstein

2 hours ago, Ironhold said:

This alone did a pretty good job of disrupting the status quo, although how long the effects will remain in place is unknown. 

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that Musk will meet an untimely end -- whether by assassins or by corrupt bureaucrats pushing the boundaries of their legal (and illegal) powers to destroy him.   And with the money he sunk (and lost) in Twitter, I don't know if he'll be able to defend himself.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that Musk will meet an untimely end -- whether by assassins or by corrupt bureaucrats pushing the boundaries of their legal (and illegal) powers to destroy him.   And with the money he sunk (and lost) in Twitter, I don't know if he'll be able to defend himself.

Musk is worth probably four times what he paid for Twitter, and neither Tesla nor SpaceX are going away any time soon. He could lose his entire investment in Twitter--not an impossible scenario, but doubtful--and still be one of the three richest men in the world. If his other ventures continue to do well, he might be able to absorb the entire loss and still maintain his Richest Man in the World position.

Not that I think that's particularly important, not that Musk himself necessarily cares about it, and not that I don't think Twitter was a bad investment. (Namely: I don't think it's particularly important, I have no idea how much Musk cares about being the richest man alive, and I thought the Twitter purchase was a loser from the start--I always assumed he was doing it in a sincere attempt to keep honest free discourse alive, and it looked like he was desperately trying to back out before he finally swallowed the bitter pill and made the best of it. It could still redound to his credit and financial profit.)

He could probably use his money to shield himself pretty effectively, but it would require him to become a hermit. I doubt he's willing to accept that. I hope we are not so vilely corrupt that Musk is literally in danger for his life from the rabble of the Left, but I'm not so naive as to actually believe my hope.

Guest Godless
20 minutes ago, Vort said:

Musk is worth probably four times what he paid for Twitter, and neither Tesla nor SpaceX are going away any time soon. He could lose his entire investment in Twitter--not an impossible scenario, but doubtful--and still be one of the three richest men in the world. If his other ventures continue to do well, he might be able to absorb the entire loss and still maintain his Richest Man in the World position.

Yeah, about that....

Screenshot_20221220_174214_Robinhood.thumb.jpg.da7125733c74a110e1cb2971d845b905.jpg

KoGuan is the third largest individual investor in Tesla. This is just one of several recent tweets lamenting Elon's neglect of Tesla and his disastrous personal PR related to Twitter affecting it.

Screenshot_20221216_160255_Twitter.thumb.jpg.ee91d67f0d81bbff8229f9b1fb3fbe24.jpg

Edited by Godless

15 hours ago, Godless said:

Yeah, about that....

Screenshot_20221220_174214_Robinhood.thumb.jpg.da7125733c74a110e1cb2971d845b905.jpg

KoGuan is the third largest individual investor in Tesla. This is just one of several recent tweets lamenting Elon's neglect of Tesla and his disastrous personal PR related to Twitter affecting it.

Screenshot_20221216_160255_Twitter.thumb.jpg.ee91d67f0d81bbff8229f9b1fb3fbe24.jpg

Don’t fall into that trap. Just because Tesla stock is down recently doesn’t mean that the company is falling apart. The right does this with “woke”’companies and all it shows is how little they understand about the markets. 

Edited by LDSGator