Where To Start....

Guest AutumnBreez

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AutumnBreez

I purchased scriptures for both my kids and had them enscribed with their names. The day I told them I would be getting them they were asking for them. It was this last Sunday that a sister in the ward brought them in. They used them at church that day, and when the missionaries came for one of the lessons that evening. They play scripture search. Making them personal with names on them was a plus!

NEWS: Youngest gets baptized this Sunday.

I purchased scriptures for both my kids and had them enscribed with their names. The day I told them I would be getting them they were asking for them. It was this last Sunday that a sister in the ward brought them in. They used them at church that day, and when the missionaries came for one of the lessons that evening. They play scripture search. Making them personal with names on them was a plus!

NEWS: Youngest gets baptized this Sunday.

Woo hoo!!!! :D Keep the good news comin'!

Nobody here can tell you how long the rebaptism process will take. It starts with your bishop, then your stake president, then I believe it goes to the First Presidency. Repentance has no time on it. It will only happen when the priesthood leaders involved receive the revelation. Having been through church discipline myself, I would tell you to not be impatient. If you attempt to put a timeline on it, then you are not sufficiently humble, and not ready to be rebaptized. Spend time on your knees, and be willing to submit to the Lord and your priesthood leaders, even if the process takes several years. It is my belief that the Lord is not concerned with the when or the how long, but only that you ultimately become worthy of all ordinances. If it takes you until your dying day to receive these ordinances, you will be eligible for all that the Lord has promised.

Amen.

Autombreeze--- Good work and congratulations on your future success, the things you are doing are going to have very wonderfull bllessings not only for you but your children as well. {as if you didnt know that?}

:)

Guest AutumnBreez

This weekend is going to be great! Prayers that my husband and older son will be open to the Spirit as he is baptized and recieves confirmation.

Last night...Missionaries came over to fit our son with a Bapt. suit- they had the size pretty close. Pants are tad long but shirt was perfect. He is bit short in comparison to other 13 year old boys. But he is fast for roller hockey! B)

Guest AutumnBreez

Hello every one! Sunday was an amazing day!! The whole family went to church including my husband-in support of his son.

The baptism was at 5pm. One of our Missionaries who had been transferred came back to do the Baptism ord. Tranfer took place shortly after he decided he would get baptized he was more then an hour away. My oldest son seems to be softening up and it may be soon for him too.

My husband the night before baptism had tons of difficult questions he layed on me. It was the way he asked me questions in such a way...I was in tears! Came to find out the next day when I got on his computer that the page was still up it was for the exmormon.com site. I seen some of the questions he laid on me. Why did he look there to find answers to questions first???? Negative source... I was a bit upset but never said a thing to him that I seen it. Questions about where are all the artifacts like swords from the war that took place in NY area. Indian artifacts are found why aren't these found?? Dinosaurs- carbon dating and the layer which they are found, to dinosaur poo, also how we deny what science has "proven" of how old the earth is....etc. Good grief. He said that he was asking me primarly so that I will be prepared if others ask me. This of course all took place after the missionaries left and my husband was watching some discovery type show that pushed his buttons and he said it brought up old stuff that bothers him, no member he has asked had answers that satisfied him, etc. Even though he had me in tears, he said that he doesn't care if I go to church, happy I found something that makes me happy. He still went with us the next day to support our son.

Continued prayers needed please.... It is obvious that we are on the right path for such adverse issues to arise at this particular time.

That's wonderful that the baptistm went well. I hope your husband was able to feel and recognize the Spirit there. I pray that he will understand the importance of faith and trust in God and in His Spirit, and not let let the prideful scientific community who thinks they know everything move him away from the truth!

Hello every one! Sunday was an amazing day!! The whole family went to church including my husband-in support of his son.

The baptism was at 5pm. One of our Missionaries who had been transferred came back to do the Baptism ord. Tranfer took place shortly after he decided he would get baptized he was more then an hour away. My oldest son seems to be softening up and it may be soon for him too.

My husband the night before baptism had tons of difficult questions he layed on me. It was the way he asked me questions in such a way...I was in tears! Came to find out the next day when I got on his computer that the page was still up it was for the exmormon.com site. I seen some of the questions he laid on me. Why did he look there to find answers to questions first???? Negative source... I was a bit upset but never said a thing to him that I seen it. Questions about where are all the artifacts like swords from the war that took place in NY area. Indian artifacts are found why aren't these found?? Dinosaurs- carbon dating and the layer which they are found, to dinosaur poo, also how we deny what science has "proven" of how old the earth is....etc. Good grief. He said that he was asking me primarly so that I will be prepared if others ask me. This of course all took place after the missionaries left and my husband was watching some discovery type show that pushed his buttons and he said it brought up old stuff that bothers him, no member he has asked had answers that satisfied him, etc. Even though he had me in tears, he said that he doesn't care if I go to church, happy I found something that makes me happy. He still went with us the next day to support our son.

Continued prayers needed please.... It is obvious that we are on the right path for such adverse issues to arise at this particular time.

My prayers are with you! Continue holding fast to your scriptures and prayers...that will help. We're here for you!

~Kate

So is your husband an Atheist then? :)

Guest AutumnBreez

So is your husband an Atheist then? :)

He says, he believes that there is a creator. Yet he believes it seems in evolution.

His father and family is LDS (deceased a month ago). Mother and father divorced when he was around 3 years of age.

Husband lived with his mother who was more like the opposite- Think she did not want the kids to like anything that happened on the weekends there at dads, and taught them to believe her way. (Feel as though it is the antichrist way- lies)

He was raised around the church and it was shoved down his throat when he was young. Baptized when he was 13 by his dad, felt pressured, felt he did not fully know what he was doing. hmmmm. Thinks that 8 is too young to be baptized and even possibly too young at 13, you don't have life experience to know what church or religion is out there to commit to.

He doesn't like the idea that the people believe that it is the ONLY TRUE CHURCH.

(Seems to have leached out a little on my oldest too)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AutumnBreez

Today at Church the Bishop pulled me aside and told me that he felt we should take the next step in getting the displinary to a close, and onto getting me rebaptized. So this Wednesday we will do the displinary portion and in two weeks when my husband returns from a business trip I will then be rebaptized.

I will begin the decisions on the whos and whats. Songs, who is going to do my rebaptism, not sure yet. I have a couple of songs I think I will have.

I am writing this for others that you may know that you can indeed work your way back to Heavenly Father. Also I set the goal to someday reach the Celestial Kingdom with lots of work and enduring to the end. I am very excited that I have overcome many obstacles to get to where I am. I know there are more obstacles but I will include God in helping me with those this time. I will let you all know when the big date is set!

Guest prnldsfrms

You go, girl. And I know that Jesus and Heavenly Father are thrilled you're coming back.

P.S. I read the first part of the thread for the first time. One response you can give to people who have been reading anti and former member sites is that you know people who know every fact and have read most if not all of what he has read, and they still have a testimony that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ knows them personally and loves them, and have a plan for them to return to heaven, having learned to control mortal bodies and submit them and their will to God's, and that part of the plan is the restoration of the Church through Joseph Smith and the call of prophets who are neither deity nor infallible, but who seek to do the Lord's will.

I am one of those persons who knows the history and finds nothing irreconcilable with my testimony n them.

Today at Church the Bishop pulled me aside and told me that he felt we should take the next step in getting the displinary to a close, and onto getting me rebaptized. So this Wednesday we will do the displinary portion and in two weeks when my husband returns from a business trip I will then be rebaptized.

I will begin the decisions on the whos and whats. Songs, who is going to do my rebaptism, not sure yet. I have a couple of songs I think I will have.

I am writing this for others that you may know that you can indeed work your way back to Heavenly Father. Also I set the goal to someday reach the Celestial Kingdom with lots of work and enduring to the end. I am very excited that I have overcome many obstacles to get to where I am. I know there are more obstacles but I will include God in helping me with those this time. I will let you all know when the big date is set!

Yay! That is so wonderful! I am so happy for you!

~Kate

The internal Book of Mormon geography does not fit the NY area. It's proposed Meso-America was the location of Book of Mormon battles.

Brandt Gardner in review of an anti-Mormon film said great battles don't alway's leave easy to find proofs of large battles. The Hill Cumorah in NY has been assumed in-correctly to be that hill. His review of Bible vs. the Book of Mormon has a section on warfare that answer's that objection to why no artifacts at that location. I am i am certain mis-remembering his answer. http://www.fairlds.org It's in the FAIR Hot Spots section on the left side of the main page. It's 40 pages of good research.

FAIR has a Topical Guide with some brochure's you can print out dealing with Book of Mormon and archeology issues.

FAIR Wiki which is linked to on FAIR's main page has a lot of Book of Mormon issues dealt with. I recall seeing some science issues dealt with also. FAIR's link's also has a lot of good resource's. Jeff Lindsay's website, FARMS are two of my favorites next the FAIR's website's. But FAIR and FAIR Wiki deal with the type issues your husband was asking.

Lot's of LDS believe in evolution, and an old earth. They just take a less literal view of the Genisis account than some would.

He says, he believes that there is a creator. Yet he believes it seems in evolution.

That describes my own position. The two thoughts are in no way oppositional, to me. I believe evolution is the way God created life in all its diversity.

He doesn't like the idea that the people believe that it is the ONLY TRUE CHURCH.

(Seems to have leached out a little on my oldest too)

For a Church that believes that even murderers and thieves and liars will recieve a Glory in Heaven, I don't think it should matter much to your husband that we say this is THE true Church. Practically speaking. I mean, first of all we believe that the people who never heard the true Gospel will be exalted just like the very best Mormon, if they would have received it, right? And then, even if it was Nero who killed Christians in horrible ways, our theology allow him a place in Heaven. So, seems the whole "one true church" thing shouldn't really make us look all THAT elitist. IMO.

HiJolly

Guest AutumnBreez

Trip cancelled, wonder if I will be able to get baptized this weekend?? hmm....I will let the Bishop know my husbands plans changed. I have had so many obstacles, to have an obstacle lifted away is bit strange these days.... :blink::lol: