President Biden

Anddenex

I'm not sure if I'm seeing things or if there's something happening with Trump.

I recently saw several videos of him throughout the recent political tour and some recent videos he's put out as a predecessor to his "big announcement" (as if we don't know what that will be).  He seems to have lost a step.  Maybe it's his age catching up to him?  Maybe he's actually afraid of DeSantis defeating him?  Maybe it's his vindictiveness coming out because of the FBI raid, how he feels the election was stolen from him... etc.   

I'm not saying any of that is truth or fiction.  I'm saying that is what he believes.  And with his temperament, it is taking a toll on him.  He'll be older on election day than Reagan was when he LEFT office.  He'll be older than Biden when he took office.

Edited by Carborendum

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I'm not sure if I'm seeing things or if there's something happening with Trump.

I recently saw several videos of him throughout the recent political tour and some recent videos he's put out as a predecessor to his "big announcement" (as if we don't know what that will be).  He seems to have lost a step.  Maybe it's his age catching up to him?  Maybe he's actually afraid of DeSantis defeating him?  Maybe it's his vindictiveness coming out because of the FBI raid, how he feels the election was stolen from him... etc.   

I'm not saying any of that is truth or fiction.  I'm saying that is what he believes.  And with his temperament, it is taking a toll on him.  He'll be older on election day than Reagan was when he LEFT office.  He'll be older than Biden when he took office.

he's definitely showing some wear and tear, it seems both mentally and physically. I know the joke in this video is "haha, it's an old man" but Trump suffers from the same thing and you can tell, plus all these criminal investigations into him, his business being investigated, the Republican party turning on him - I think it's taking a toll, as it would with anyone. maybe we stop electing people that are approaching assisted living. 

I'm a bit torn. On the one hand, Biden is a stereotypical Democrat politician, shortsighted, venal, small-minded, and so utterly convinced of his own virtue that he literally believes it's okay when he lies, because it's a holy lie--the old "Your poop stinks but my poop smells goooooood" line that Democrats know so well and believe so freely. He is a male, slightly less repulsive Hillary Clinton, only stupider. In that sense, he fully deserves any and all criticism that comes his way due to his stupidity.

On the other hand, he's an old man, and mocking an old man for being old is uncivilized and repulsive in and of itself. Those who take pleasure in demeaning Biden for his stupidity curse their own spirits by their spiteful hatred. I do not want to be one of those. If the alternative to being a Democrat is being a partisan Republican, I refuse to make such a Hobson's choice.

Enough of shadow puppetry masquerading as sophisticated entertainment. Enough of choice between evil alternatives posing as noble liberty. I long for Zion. Though I am not worthy of it, yet I want it and would go there if I knew how. I fight literally every day against the slow (or maybe not-so-slow) slide into paralyzing cynicism, but what hope can I find in the modern US or worldwide political landscape? Very little. Every day I become more convinced that hope lies in Jesus Christ, and that outside Jesus Christ, there is no hope. This gives me some comfort.

14 hours ago, Vort said:

Enough of shadow puppetry masquerading as sophisticated entertainment. Enough of choice between evil alternatives posing as noble liberty. I long for Zion. Though I am not worthy of it, yet I want it and would go there if I knew how. I fight literally every day against the slow (or maybe not-so-slow) slide into paralyzing cynicism, but what hope can I find in the modern US or worldwide political landscape? Very little. Every day I become more convinced that hope lies in Jesus Christ, and that outside Jesus Christ, there is no hope. This gives me some comfort.

I believe that the only way for Zion to become reality is for people to long for it so desperately that we'll do anything for it.  And as human nature goes, the only way for us to long for it to that degree is for us to be in such dire straits and under the thumb of such widespread evil and tyranny such that we cannot have any hope in man, but in God alone.

Edited by Carborendum

16 hours ago, Vort said:

I'm a bit torn. On the one hand, Biden is a stereotypical Democrat politician, shortsighted, venal, small-minded, and so utterly convinced of his own virtue that he literally believes it's okay when he lies, because it's a holy lie--the old "Your poop stinks but my poop smells goooooood" line that Democrats know so well and believe so freely. He is a male, slightly less repulsive Hillary Clinton, only stupider. In that sense, he fully deserves any and all criticism that comes his way due to his stupidity.

On the other hand, he's an old man, and mocking an old man for being old is uncivilized and repulsive in and of itself. Those who take pleasure in demeaning Biden for his stupidity curse their own spirits by their spiteful hatred. I do not want to be one of those. If the alternative to being a Democrat is being a partisan Republican, I refuse to make such a Hobson's choice.

I cannot help but wonder, when considering the above, where humor fits in to righteousness. Actually finding something funny often seems uncivilized and even repulsive. My initial response to what you wrote was to think, "buzzkill!" :D But in writing that I realize I might be being uncivilized and perhaps repulsive. Would Christ make fun of someone? Ever? So I have to curb my natural response and accept that perhaps it's time to retire my hilarious (to myself) old-man voice.

One of the things I love about the show The Chosen is how Jesus actually cracks jokes. And they are, oft times, at the expense of his apostles. But I also do not accept The Chosen as an accurate portrayal of Christ. Did Christ really crack jokes? Who know? I wouldn't dare write a Joke for Christ were I developing a show about Him. But in context, in The Chosen, I believe they mostly work. They're chiding, rather than straight up mean. They work to help influence and guide His apostles, to my thinking. Jokes can work like that. They say, "hey, you're taking yourself to seriously." But alternatively, I've noted when I've had someone crack a joke at my expense in the same sort of well-meaning way, and it's quite hurt my feelings, that I felt they shouldn't have done so, and that they're uncivilized and rude. But maybe that sort of thing is good for me (being made fun of sometimes). Christ would know. Just because I'm offended at something someone says doesn't mean it was wrong. My sense is, however, when considering the golden rule, that we should never make fun of others.

I have no conclusions here. Your response just sparked thought. I am torn as well.

7 hours ago, The Folk Prophet said:

Analogous to personal salvation, I believe.

Awake! Put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments...For Zion must increase in beauty, and in holiness; her borders must be enlarged; her stakes must be strengthened; yea, verily I say unto you, Zion must arise and put on her beautiful garments.