Utah man tries to play tough guy…with a cop.

LDSGator

4 hours ago, LDSGator said:

One must have a heart of stone to not laugh at this. 

Count me as a stony heart. I find the story discouraging.

This young man is an idiot, yet is typical of many of his generation (probably of all generations). Why are people like this? Why must some people be jerks, openly threatening the lives of others (whether or not they actually intend to murder someone, which is somewhat beside the point)? Some seek to destroy society from the inside, by corrupting the laws, the courts, and the hearts of their fellow men. Others seek to destroy society from the outside, like this young man.

In truth, he probably does not want to destroy society; it is only the order and structure of civilization that allows him to bully others. In an actual anarchy, such a man would quickly find himself strung up on the nearest elm or with a spear through his eye and cranium. It's easy to be Bad and Hard when society actively encourages everyone else to be non-aggressive and conciliatory. Jerks like this bother me. I understand the satisfaction of seeing him get what he has coming to him, but I find it more discouraging and pathetic than funny.