Cyclone Bomb

mikbone

Wind chills were below freezing in my part of Texas (I'm by Fort Hood) during the overnight hours and into Friday morning and this morning. 

But we're going to be slowly warming up now, as last night was supposed to be the worst of it. 

We're not too bad in Houston.  Our area (about 45 min to 1 hr from Houston Center) hit 16 deg Thursday night.  We've been draining all the water lines every evening and waiting for the middle of the day to turn the well back on.

It's annoying that it has been at that level where we have to go back and forth every day.  Hopefully tonight will be the last.  But we may have to do it again tomorrow.

All our citrus trees died (again).  I'm going to have to give up on citrus.  By Murphy's law, we won't have any more hard freezes like this anymore.

I certainly feel for the people in the colder climes that had it a lot worse than we did.

2 hours ago, LDSGator said:

73C0FB38-FE20-4C5B-9E22-947553EF800C.jpeg

stay warm! 

Some gas pumps now have little TV sets built into them.

For example, one local gas station here has the TV sets programmed to play a canned series of advertisements followed by canned programming from "alternative" news outlet Cheddar. 

24 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

Some gas pumps now have little TV sets built into them.

For example, one local gas station here has the TV sets programmed to play a canned series of advertisements followed by canned programming from "alternative" news outlet Cheddar. 

Oh yeah, I’ve seen them before. Like most people though I usually look at my phone when I’m pumping gasoline. 

Just now, Vort said:

Off topic, but I'm reminded of Don McLean's utterly cynical song "Prime Time", a throwback to hippie angst but, even so, a scathingly accurate depiction of a peculiarly American version of life in hell.

Sorry bro, but I have a rule in life. Never listen to anything by the guy who wrote “American Pie.” 

2 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

Sorry bro, but I have a rule in life. Never listen to anything by the guy who wrote “American Pie.” 

"American Pie" isn't my favorite song, but Don McLean was a very good songwriter. He wrote some real gems. Here's one that no one seems to remember, but I think it's a cute and touching love ballad that expresses affection not only for his lady but for their land.

11 hours ago, mirkwood said:

Not me, I stare at the person in the pump next to me and watch them squirm.

13 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

Dude, that’s why you have multiple active restraining orders. 

It is also why he has more than double (including me) that loves having him around.  😎

The Traveler