Batman & Hamlet

Carborendum

So, my "writer" daughter explained to me that the theory online is that Bruce Wayne was actually Hamlet reincarnated.  He figured that with all the death that happened in his search for justice, that he thought he'd take a different route this time around and vow to never kill.

I responded,"Well, there's just one problem with that theory.  Hamlet isn't real."

After the laughter died down, she told me,"Well, you're not wrong."

4 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

By the way folks, now that Christmas is over, I'd ask y'all take a moment and ask yourselves how many times you bore false witness against Batman during the holiday season.  None of you know how he smells.

I suspect he smells with his nose.

Batman was based on Zorro who was based on The Scarlet Pimpernel, the original superhero. 

That had nothing to do with the humorous anecdote offered. I just happened to read it the other day and thought, cool. 

4 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

By the way folks, now that Christmas is over, I'd ask y'all take a moment and ask yourselves how many times you bore false witness against Batman during the holiday season.  None of you know how he smells.

I taught my 5 year old daughter the Batman smells version this Christmas.

7 hours ago, Jamie123 said:

And Batman is?

You are either making my point and you have no sense of humor, or you don't know what a joke is.

I guess you missed the part...

22 hours ago, Carborendum said:

After the laughter died down...

I'm beginning to doubt if your sense of humor is real.

Edited by Carborendum

On 1/23/2023 at 9:22 AM, Carborendum said:

He figured that with all the death that happened in his search for justice, that he thought he'd take a different route this time around and vow to never kill.

This reminded me of a recent story about a man in a bar (perhaps another reincarnation of Bruce Wayne and Hamlet).  Anyway the guy was watching the news of a man standing on a ledge of a tall building.  There was some discussion in the bar about if the man would jump.  The man at the bar said that he was sure the man on the ledge would jump.  A blond (typical not normal) lady said she was sure that the man would not jump.  The two went back and forth and finally the man put down a twenty and said that he would bet the $20 that the man would jump.  The woman put down a $20 as well certain that the man would not jump.

The man on the ledge jumped.  The man at the bar turned down the money and confessed that he knew the man would jump because he saw it on a previous news broadcast.  The lady then confessed that she also saw the man jump on a previous news cast as well but was certain that he would not do it a second time.

The Traveler

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 11:05 AM, Vort said:
On 1/24/2023 at 12:26 PM, Jamie123 said:

Message deleted - topic too painful.

On 2/17/2023 at 10:40 AM, Jamie123 said:

Sorry. I shouldn't have said any of that. Not your problem.

Jamie, my dear friend, I am truly sorry for your current trials. My prayers are with you.

I guess I missed something.  Jaimie, whatever you're going through, I hope the best for you.

Edited by Carborendum