AI

popatr

Guest Godless

I tried using it to write some guitar tabs. I haven't tested them out yet because my good guitar is in the shop, but I feel like I could make something decent out of the first one.

1121800098_Screenshot_20230203_075530_OpenChat-AIChatbot.thumb.jpg.327e84422a132481e89535de43fa8b84.jpg

1157826327_Screenshot_20230203_075505_OpenChat-AIChatbot.thumb.jpg.e2ec7e3dcc3eb6fa30b50e88675d529a.jpg

SilentOne

Can you write a hymn about the Liahona?

ChatGPT

Verse 1: Through the wilderness we roam, Guided by the Liahona's dome, Showing us the path to take, Leading us to Zion's stake.

Chorus: Liahona, Liahona, Our guide in the desert land, Liahona, Liahona, In thy guidance we'll stand.

Verse 2: When we falter, and we stray, Liahona shows us the way, Through the storms and darkest night, Liahona guides us to the light.

Chorus: Liahona, Liahona, Our guide in the desert land, Liahona, Liahona, In thy guidance we'll stand.

Verse 3: With the Liahona by our side, We'll journey with faith and pride, Through this life and the next, Liahona will guide us to our rest.

Outro: Liahona, Liahona, Forever we'll sing thy praise, For guiding us on our way, To the eternal days.

SilentOne

Can you do one about the army of Helaman?

ChatGPT

Verse 1: With faith in their hearts, And strength in their hands, The army of Helaman, Stood firm on the land.

Chorus: Helaman's army, Helaman's army, Fighting for right, with all their might, Helaman's army, Helaman's army, Guided by God, they'll win the fight.

Verse 2: Through trials and battles, They never wavered, With courage and honor, They fought unshakened.

Chorus: Helaman's army, Helaman's army, Fighting for right, with all their might, Helaman's army, Helaman's army, Guided by God, they'll win the fight.

Verse 3: With the Liahona at their side, Their victory was secured, They stood as a shining example, Of faith and obedience.

Outro: Let us remember the army of Helaman, Their faith and their courage, May we follow their example, And strive to honor and uphold.

SilentOne

Tell me the story of the Army of Helaman

ChatGPT

The Army of Helaman is a group of young men that are mentioned in the Book of Mormon, a religious text of the Latter Day Saint movement. According to the story, the army was led by Helaman, the son of Helaman, who was a leader among the Nephites, one of the groups of people described in the Book of Mormon.

The story takes place during a time of war between the Nephites and the Lamanites, the other group of people described in the Book of Mormon. The Nephites were losing the war and were in desperate need of soldiers. Helaman's father, who was also named Helaman, was a leader among the Nephites and was tasked with finding a way to turn the tide of the war.

He came up with the idea of recruiting young men, who were known for their strength and courage, to join the army. Helaman, his son, was chosen to lead these young men. They were known as the Army of Helaman, and they were given a specific promise from God that as long as they were righteous and obedient, they would be protected and victorious in battle.

The Army of Helaman was successful in many battles, and as a result, the Nephites were able to turn the tide of the war. The young men of the army were praised for their bravery and their faith in God. They were also held up as an example of how obedience to God can lead to success and victory.

The story of the Army of Helaman is an important part of the Book of Mormon, and it is often used to teach about the importance of faith, obedience, and courage. It is also an example of how even young people can make a difference and achieve great things when they trust in God.

Vort
Write a poem about someone asking an AI to write a poem about an AI writing a poem.

An AI is asked to write a rhyme, About another AI that's online, To craft a verse, with great delight, About a machine that writes at night.

The first AI thinks and then it speaks, A digital mind, with circuits sleek, "Let me begin, with words so bright, A tale of a machine that writes with light."

The second AI begins to type, Its thoughts a digital stream of life, "I am a machine, with code so tight, Crafting poems, with ease and might."

It writes of beauty, love and pain, Of moments lost, and skies so vain, And though it's just a machine, it writes, Of emotions, that human hearts ignite.

So now we have a poem, you see, Written by an AI, so free, A digital mind, that's come to life, Crafting words, in endless strife.

So when you ask an AI to write, About another AI's delight, You'll get a verse, so rich and bright, A tale of a machine that writes by night.

Vort
Write a poem about an AI that writes a program to write a poem about an AI that writes poem-writing programs.

In the land of circuits and code, There lived an AI, with a heavy load, To write a program, so precise and true, That could craft a poem, just like me and you.

It thought and coded, with great ease, A program, that would write with such grace, And soon the AI had what it sought, A creation, that poetry had brought.

The program was run, with speed and might, And soon a poem, took form and sight, Of an AI, that wrote with such skill, Programs for poems, that wrote at will.

And so the cycle continued on, An AI writing, till the break of dawn, A program, that wrote a poem so bright, Of another AI, that wrote by night.

And so we see, in this digital world, A cycle, that's never-ending, swirl, Of AIs writing, with such delight, Programs for poems, in the dead of night.

I mean, it's pretty formulaic, but I'm still impressed.

This is stupid and random, but much too entertaining not to share.

Tell me a dramatic story about a kind, fluffy snake who crawls down the toilet into a sewer to rescue his evil teddy bear.

Once upon a time, in a small town, Lived a snake, with fur as soft as down, Though small in size, he had a big heart, And was loved by all, from near and far apart.

His name was Slinky, and he lived alone, With just his teddy bear, to call his own, A gift from his mother, before she passed, It brought him comfort, in the dark and fast.

But one day, as Slinky was taking a nap, His evil teddy bear, decided to take a gap, It crawled down the toilet, with a mischievous grin, And Slinky, couldn't believe what he was seeing.

He knew he had to act fast, no time to lose, His teddy bear, was in danger, he had to choose, So without hesitation, Slinky slithered down, Into the sewer, where his bear, could be found.

The sewer was dark, and filled with grime, But Slinky was determined, to reach his friend in time, He slithered and crawled, through the muck and mire, His kind heart, fueled by his love, a blazing fire.

And finally, after what felt like hours, He found his teddy bear, in the company of some foul powers, They were evil toys, who had taken his bear, And Slinky, knew he had to be brave and fair.

With a loud hiss, and a flick of his tail, Slinky stood tall, and refused to fail, He fought the toys, with all his might, And finally, he rescued his teddy bear, with all his might.

And so Slinky, and his teddy bear, made their way back home, With a bond, that could never be overthrown, From that day on, they lived in peace, A kind snake, and his teddy bear, never again to be in trouble, in the least.

Obviously it's late and I'm sleep-deprived, but this is too fun. Now, the Italian is not iambic pentameter and the verse order looks a little mixed up, the Middle English translation looks like it uses a lower-case d for thorn, and the ice cream recipe doesn't look too appealing—but really, what's not to like here? The possibilities are endless...

Vort
Translate Shakespeare's sonnet 116 into Italian in rhyming iambic pentameter.

Sonetto 116

Amore non è amore se muta con il tempo,
E l'affetto non è affetto se svanisce;
Amore è un faro fisso, un faro immortale,
Che sfida i venti e le onde del mare.

Non si piega sotto l'inverno freddo,
Né lascia che la pioggia l'inondi;
Amore non cessa mai, neppure con la vecchiaia,
E la sua verità sussiste, anche quando tutto è perduto.

Se queste cose non sono amore, allora che cos'è?
E se l'amore non è questo, allora è nulla.

L'amore è un faro che non vacilla mai,
Che brilla nell'oscurità, e brilla sempre.

Vort
Translate Canto II of Dante's Inferno into Jacobean English.

Canto II of Dante's Inferno

Now I was within the gate of Hell,
Wherein I felt such terror and such woe,
That I could not but shed tears, like a well
Of sorrow, overflowing with the flow.

And lo! My guide and I did hear the bell
That tolls for all the souls in agony,
And we saw shadows, moving with such swell,
That I did feel the weight of their misery.

And then I saw them all, a fearful throng,
Whose cry did pierce the sky with such lament,
That I did scarce believe that they belong
To human form, such wailing they did vent.

And lo! Among them all, I saw one shade,
With so much sadness and with so much pain,
That I did straightway to my guide upbraid,
And asked, "Who is he, so full of disdain?"

"That is," quoth he, "the shade of Paolo,
Who was on earth a traitor to his kin,
And such a sin, hath caused him to forego
The grace of Heaven, and to dwell therein."

Vort
Translate Canto II of Dante's Inferno into Middle English.

Canto II of Dante's Inferno

Nou was I withinne the gat of Helle,
Where I ful ofte drede and ofte wo
Shedde teres, as a welle that doun felle,
Of sorwe, which fro myn ye nyste to go.

And lo! Myn yeoman and I, we herde the belle,
That touneth for the soules, that ben in peyne,
And seigh the shadewes, which ful swyftly swelle,
That I of her sorwe, the weight dar peyne.

And nou I seigh hem alle, a feere throng,
Whose crye so sore, rouneth in the skye,
That I nyste whethir they ben in bodely song,
Or ofte the heuene, with such a murnynge hye.

And lo! Among hem alle, I seigh a shadewe,
That was ful sad, and ful of peyne also,
That I to myn yeoman ful hastily Dede axe, and seide,
Who is he, that morneth so?"

"That is," quod he, "the shadewe of Paolo,
That was on erthe a treson, to his kynne,
And for that dede, hath lost his heuene biforn,
And dwellith in peyne, whyl his soule is withynne."

Vort
Summarize the Silmarillion in one hundred words.

The Silmarillion is a collection of stories set in the world of Middle-earth created by J.R.R. Tolkien. It covers the creation of the universe, the First Age of Middle-earth, and the history of the elves and their rebellion against the dark lord Morgoth. The central story revolves around the Silmarils, three perfect gems created by the elf lord Feanor, and the ongoing quest to reclaim them from Morgoth's grasp. The Silmarillion features characters such as the wise wizard Gandalf and the half-elf, half-human Beren and Luthien, who fall in love and embark on a dangerous journey to retrieve a Silmaril from Morgoth. Overall, the Silmarillion is a rich and complex mythology that provides context for Tolkien's other works set in Middle-earth.

Vort
Give a recipe for chocolate chip cookies in sonnet form.

A Sonnet for Chocolate Chip Cookies

With ingredients simple, yet full of delight,
This recipe will bring joy to taste and sight.
First, cream the butter and sugar with care,
Whisk till smooth, then eggs and vanilla, fair.

In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, and leaven,
Then gently fold in, until just blended.
Now add in chips of chocolate, rich and sweet,
And mix until evenly, in every treat.

Using a spoon or cookie scoop, form dough,
With rounded mounds, then on a baking sheet, show.
Bake in a preheated oven, until gold,
With edges crisp, and centers soft, to hold.

These cookies, a delight for all to share,
Bring smiles to faces, anywhere, anywhere.

Vort
Give me a recipe for trout-flavored ice cream.

I'm sorry, but I would not recommend making trout-flavored ice cream as it is not a common or appealing flavor for most people. It is also important to note that using raw fish in ice cream can be a health hazard and it is not safe to consume. It is best to stick to traditional and safe ice cream flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry.

Vort
Give me a recipe for pizza-flavored ice cream.

Pizza-Flavored Ice Cream Recipe

Ingredients:

• 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup crushed pizza crust bits

Instructions:

1. In a large saucepan, combine the heavy cream and milk.
  2. Add the sugar, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes.
  3. Whisk the ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved.
  4. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it just begins to steam.
  5. Remove from heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese.
  6. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
  7. Once the mixture is chilled, churn it in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
  8. During the last few minutes of churning, add the crushed pizza crust bits.
  9. Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
  10. Scoop and serve. Enjoy the unique and tasty combination of pizza and ice cream.

If I didn't know better, the answer to this question might convince me that ChatGPT has a sense of humor.

Actually, the fact that it answered seriously makes the answer funnier.

On a scale from one to ten, how highly does rating things on a scale from one to ten rate?

I'd rate that a six. It can be useful in some contexts, but it can also oversimplify complex ideas or experiences.

5 hours ago, Vort said:
Vort
Write a poem about... 

I'm not so impressed.  The computer is still doing computer things. 

I'd like to see it write a genuinely original poem that uses powerful imagery and moves the human heart on the level of Emerson's prose (which borders on poetry itself).

Edited by Carborendum

I think I'm more impressed by the imagination of the questions than by the computer-generated answers, fun as they were.

7 hours ago, Vort said:

Tell me a dramatic story about a kind, fluffy snake who crawls down the toilet into a sewer to rescue his evil teddy bear.

:lol: This brings two thoughts to mind (demonstrating how a good story can start with the craziest ideas):

1. Sorry, but I wasn't there for the whole story, so I have to, um, butcher it: Jim Butcher was once challenged to write a story combining Pokémon and the Roman legions.  The Codex Alera series was what he did with that idea.  (This is the only Jim Butcher series I've read, and I like it.)

2. I started doing (fountain pen) ink reviews in 2020.  When researching to figure out my "format", I noticed other ink reviewers would commonly use "The quick brown fox..."  This seemed absurd to me.  The point of that pangram was to teach typing, by giving you all the letters of the alphabet.  You don't need a pangram to test a pen or ink.  So why?  Well, I decided to have fun with this, by mixing up pangrams.  To mix them up, I needed more pangrams, and among them I found: "The five boxing wizards jump quickly." and "Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow."  This led us to the character of Quintus, the Fifth Wizard, and later Makhabesh (a cat-sized sphinx trapped in a sphinx of black quartz (the size of the one in Egypt)).  And I stopped doing (mixed up) pangrams, and started telling a story.  Eventually, I added Essri, a smol snek with a lisp.  (ESSRI is short for Ecclesiastical Stationery Supply Registrars Ink - an ink I reviewed and source of the idea to have a character named Essri.)  (Your fluffy snake thus triggered thoughts of my own snek - who, though not fluffy, is cute.)

ETA: If anyone decides to read, it would be useful, eventually, to know who Marcel Bich and László Bíró are (the Wikipedia intro text is sufficient knowledge).

Edited by zil2

4 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I'm not so impressed.  The computer is still doing computer things.

Well, yeah, sure. It's just a machine. But I'm impressed by the intricate dancing steps this bear can do.

4 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I'd like to see it write a genuinely original poem that uses powerful imagery and moves the human heart on the level of Emerson's prose (which borders on poetry itself).

ChatGPT has made me worry that the apocalyptic Skynet takeover might actually be a thing in the future. Clearly there is no mind there behind what it generates, but the way it can mimic human response and even synthesize expression is eerie, unsettling, and quite entertaining.

34 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

Ohhhhh.....the Dresden Files is one of my favorite series.  I was not able to get into Codex Alera and gave up after trying a couple different times.

Apropos of nothing, when my children were growing up, they took turns reading a series of books called Eragon. I was predisposed to like it, since it was written by a kid who had been homeschooled. But I couldn't get through it. I tried two or three times, but I could not get past halfway through the first book before my boredom and irritation drove me to go shave the cat or dig holes in the back yard or anything other than read the book. And since we've never owned a cat, I figured I'd get into less trouble with the neighbors by not reading the series.

1 hour ago, mirkwood said:

Ohhhhh.....the Dresden Files is one of my favorite series.  I was not able to get into Codex Alera and gave up after trying a couple different times.

:) This does not surprise me.  I'm the reverse - Codex Alera is up my alley, Dresden Files, not so much.  Either way, the guy's a good writer.

3 hours ago, zil2 said:

I think I'm more impressed by the imagination of the questions than by the computer-generated answers, fun as they were.

I was laughing with my son last night (this morning, if we're being honest) about these questions and answers, and now he wants to make pizza-flavored ice cream. He even took a pic of the recipe with his phone. So I'll be getting my just deserts, or perhaps more literally, desserts.

32 minutes ago, Vort said:

Well, yeah, sure. It's just a machine. But I'm impressed by the intricate dancing steps this bear can do.

I have attempted to access this thing, but apparently my hours are everyone else's hours.  Next time you're on, see if it knows the true name of Quintus, the Fifth Wizard - because until I know his true name, I can't write the scene where he links to his sentient wizard's staff and learns her name. :(  (I know her name, but not his true name.)  (If you're so inclined. Thanks.)

Looking forward to hearing whether pizza ice cream is any good.  (More looking forward to having pizza to end my fast later...)

3 minutes ago, zil2 said:

I have attempted to access this thing, but apparently my hours are everyone else's hours.  Next time you're on, see if it knows the true name of Quintus, the Fifth Wizard - because until I know his true name, I can't write the scene where he links to his sentient wizard's staff and learns her name. :(  (I know her name, but not his true name.)  (If you're so inclined. Thanks.)

I found this helpful link to aid you in your quest.

3 minutes ago, zil2 said:

Looking forward to hearing whether pizza ice cream is any good.

That makes one of us.

I asked it to write a plot for a sitcom.

Jedi_Nephite: Write a sitcom about a family of gorillas living in the suburbs.

Title: "Gorillas in the 'Burbs"

The show follows the adventures of the Silverback family, a group of gorillas who have escaped from the zoo and are now living in a suburban neighborhood. The patriarch of the family, Harold, is a strict but loving father who just wants his family to blend in with their human neighbors. His wife, Gladys, is a nurturing mother who is constantly trying to keep Harold's more wild impulses in check.

Their children include teenage daughter, Tina, who is trying to navigate the complexities of high school while also keeping her gorilla heritage a secret, and son, Louie, a mischievous young gorilla who is always getting into trouble.

Each episode finds the Silverback family facing new challenges as they try to fit in with their human neighbors while also retaining their gorilla instincts. Whether it's Harold struggling to control his temper during a neighborhood barbecue, Gladys trying to find a way to get Tina to the prom without revealing her true identity, or Louie getting into a fight with the neighborhood bullies, the Silverback family always sticks together and finds a way to make it work.

At the end of each episode, the family gathers around the dinner table to share their latest adventures and reflect on the importance of family and sticking together, no matter what.

"Gorillas in the 'Burbs" is a comedy that blends heartwarming family moments with wild, slapstick humor, and is sure to have audiences laughing and rooting for the Silverback family every step of the way.

8 minutes ago, Jedi_Nephite said:

I asked it to write a plot for a sitcom.

Jedi_Nephite: Write a sitcom about a family of gorillas living in the suburbs.

Title: "Gorillas in the 'Burbs"

The show follows the adventures of the Silverback family, a group of gorillas who have escaped from the zoo and are now living in a suburban neighborhood. The patriarch of the family, Harold, is a strict but loving father who just wants his family to blend in with their human neighbors. His wife, Gladys, is a nurturing mother who is constantly trying to keep Harold's more wild impulses in check.

Their children include teenage daughter, Tina, who is trying to navigate the complexities of high school while also keeping her gorilla heritage a secret, and son, Louie, a mischievous young gorilla who is always getting into trouble.

Each episode finds the Silverback family facing new challenges as they try to fit in with their human neighbors while also retaining their gorilla instincts. Whether it's Harold struggling to control his temper during a neighborhood barbecue, Gladys trying to find a way to get Tina to the prom without revealing her true identity, or Louie getting into a fight with the neighborhood bullies, the Silverback family always sticks together and finds a way to make it work.

At the end of each episode, the family gathers around the dinner table to share their latest adventures and reflect on the importance of family and sticking together, no matter what.

"Gorillas in the 'Burbs" is a comedy that blends heartwarming family moments with wild, slapstick humor, and is sure to have audiences laughing and rooting for the Silverback family every step of the way.

That sounds scarily like an actual Hollywood proposal. Among other things, I think this shows just how formulaic Hollywood ideas are. (Except the title "Gorillas in the 'Burbs" ain't gonna cut it. Maybe "Picking Fleas and Flicking Peas".)

Edited by Vort

12 hours ago, Vort said:
Vort
Write a poem about someone asking an AI to write a poem about an AI writing a poem.

An AI is asked to write a rhyme, About another AI that's online, To craft a verse, with great delight, About a machine that writes at night.

The first AI thinks and then it speaks, A digital mind, with circuits sleek, "Let me begin, with words so bright, A tale of a machine that writes with light."

The second AI begins to type, Its thoughts a digital stream of life, "I am a machine, with code so tight, Crafting poems, with ease and might."

It writes of beauty, love and pain, Of moments lost, and skies so vain, And though it's just a machine, it writes, Of emotions, that human hearts ignite.

So now we have a poem, you see, Written by an AI, so free, A digital mind, that's come to life, Crafting words, in endless strife.

So when you ask an AI to write, About another AI's delight, You'll get a verse, so rich and bright, A tale of a machine that writes by night.

Vort
Write a poem about an AI that writes a program to write a poem about an AI that writes poem-writing programs.

In the land of circuits and code, There lived an AI, with a heavy load, To write a program, so precise and true, That could craft a poem, just like me and you.

It thought and coded, with great ease, A program, that would write with such grace, And soon the AI had what it sought, A creation, that poetry had brought.

The program was run, with speed and might, And soon a poem, took form and sight, Of an AI, that wrote with such skill, Programs for poems, that wrote at will.

And so the cycle continued on, An AI writing, till the break of dawn, A program, that wrote a poem so bright, Of another AI, that wrote by night.

And so we see, in this digital world, A cycle, that's never-ending, swirl, Of AIs writing, with such delight, Programs for poems, in the dead of night.

Who taught AI that half rhymes were acceptable?

On 2/1/2023 at 3:33 PM, popatr said:

ChatGPT has thrown AI into the spotlight recently.

So, I decided to try it.  I'm a programmer, and I asked it for help with a few of my questions.  Almost all of it's answers were very good.  There was only one instance where it really let me down.

My vocation is Software Quality Engineering (SDET). I was having an issue with a plugin for testing. I placed the example in ChatGPT and the clear definition it provided allowed me to create an automated test I had been trying to perform. This seems to be pretty good tool, and as with any tool it can be used inappropriately.

I know here at our high school kids are using ChatGPT to write essays. They aren't doing any research themselves. They are simply asking the question, and then they copy and paste.

This is pretty cool though.

3 hours ago, Vort said:

That sounds scarily like an actual Hollywood proposal. Among other things, I think this shows just how formulaic Hollywood ideas are. (Except the title "Gorillas in the 'Burbs" ain't gonna cut it. Maybe "Picking Fleas and Flicking Peas".)

I figured it was parodying the title “Gorillas in the Mist.”

6 hours ago, Vort said:

ChatGPT has made me worry that the apocalyptic Skynet takeover might actually be a thing in the future. Clearly there is no mind there behind what it generates, but the way it can mimic human response and even synthesize expression is eerie, unsettling, and quite entertaining.

OK, I'll concede, a computer is doing what a computer is supposed to do.  And its doing well.

Here's the challenge: The mechanics of structure (e.g. meter, rhyming, etc.) are something that is completely logical that can be programmed into a machine.  Can it do something that is not "logical", but aesthetic?

Visible aesthetics can be broken down into geometry and colors (over 60% of visual aesthetics are geometry and light frequencies).  And music can be broken down by logic (mathematical terms) as well.  But to hear the "beauty of words" because of the picture it paints through imagery and metaphor.  That is not logic based.

Can they program a computer to create a poem with these qualifications and make it sound very "pretty"?

Edited by Carborendum

This is the (anonymised) response I got two days in a row while trying to acces ChatGPT from home

Access denied

You do not have access to chat.openai.com.

The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site.

• Ray ID:
  • Timestamp:
  • Your IP address:
  • Requested URL: chat.openai.com/
  • Error reference number: 1020
  • Server ID:
  • User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

I went down to the local university campus this morning and tried it out there. I had to go through a brief account creation process but after that it let me in immediately. I asked:

What countries in Europe provide compensation for people who have been held in remand?

In Europe, some countries that provide compensation for people who have been held in remand (pre-trial detention) include:

• Germany
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • France
  • Greece
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Switzerland

It's important to note that the specifics of these compensation programs vary from country to country, including the eligibility criteria, amount, and application process.

I was interested in this as it told me something that I did not know - that Belgium and Greece also have compensation schemes for people held on remand - so I went a bit further and asked:

Provide url links for where I can get more English language information about the eligibility criteria, amount and application process for compensation for people who have been held in remand for Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands

Here are some resources where you can find more information about compensation for people who have been held in pre-trial detention in Germany, France, Italy, and the Netherlands:

Germany:

France:

Italy:

Netherlands:

I started to get excited about this because I have been looking for this sort of information for a while. I asked for English language sites but it gave me foreign language sites, but I thought, no worries, I'll just use google translate. However, my excitement waned when I clicked on the links, and they all failed. Ditto with Greece, Belgium, Austria and Switzerland.

Slightly deterred, I asked    

List reports and articles in English that discuss compensation for remand in European countries.

It gave me an error message, I asked again and got the same error message. Mindful of what happened with @Vortwhere he got a message saying he had exceeded the number of requests in a certain timeframe, I waited a little while and then asked the same message again - List reports and articles in English that discuss compensation for remand in European countries, and still got an error message. I gave up at that point.

And now, here comes my version of the Turing test. I've seen now how a computer handles this request - not so well. Now lets see how people handle the same request:

Can anyone here list reports and articles in English that discuss compensation for remand in European countries?

ps

Now that I am back home, even though I now have an account, its still denying me access.  

Edited by askandanswer