The LDS Tools App...

Ironhold

Is anyone else having trouble getting the LDS Tools app to actually work right? 

This morning I was helping my dad handle a Red Cross blood drive at church as part of Just Serve. We got to talking, and it turns out that nobody ever actually contacted the media to let them know, this in spite of my working for a newspaper. 

Dad suggested I use the app to check on who the stake public affairs people are since we just got a new one. 

The app once again demanded that I sync up, and when that failed I tried to log out and log back in.

...Except it decided it didn't like my password. 

So I'm now functionally locked out until I can find where I wrote my password and double-check. 

The login piece is a separate service that the church apps and website use, as far as I can tell.  So it could be that the login service is having issues, or that the app's interface to the login service is having issues.  It could also be a DNS or similar problem local to your area.  Checking now....  Well, Windows Gospel Library (GL), the Church website, and Android GL & Tools all work and allow me to log in and sync.  So, I'd guess either you're not using Windows or Android, or that it's a local DNS or similar networking issue.  Sorry, can't say more, but am willing to test more, if there's something specific you'd like me to test.

1 hour ago, zil2 said:

The login piece is a separate service that the church apps and website use, as far as I can tell.  So it could be that the login service is having issues, or that the app's interface to the login service is having issues.  It could also be a DNS or similar problem local to your area.  Checking now....  Well, Windows Gospel Library (GL), the Church website, and Android GL & Tools all work and allow me to log in and sync.  So, I'd guess either you're not using Windows or Android, or that it's a local DNS or similar networking issue.  Sorry, can't say more, but am willing to test more, if there's something specific you'd like me to test.

I still need to find where I wrote my most recent password; I think I might have already had to change it once. That could be the other issue. 

8 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

I still need to find where I wrote my most recent password; I think I might have already had to change it once. That could be the other issue. 

You can go on the website and work through the password reminder system.  I think it now just emails you, like most sites.

13 hours ago, Ironhold said:

Is anyone else having trouble getting the LDS Tools app to actually work right? 

This morning I was helping my dad handle a Red Cross blood drive at church as part of Just Serve. We got to talking, and it turns out that nobody ever actually contacted the media to let them know, this in spite of my working for a newspaper. 

Dad suggested I use the app to check on who the stake public affairs people are since we just got a new one. 

The app once again demanded that I sync up, and when that failed I tried to log out and log back in.

...Except it decided it didn't like my password. 

So I'm now functionally locked out until I can find where I wrote my password and double-check. 

I have run into a problem similar to this.  It seems if I haven't logged in within two or three weeks (I normally only use Tools for Church functions as I am not a BIG tablet user if I don't have to be, and the tablet I use for the Church applications is dedicated solely for use with the Church callings) it will require me to log back in.

It also needs to update after around one or two weeks.  I think it needs to update in order to Sync (I'm not sure, I'm not a computer guy).  If it fails to update it may have trouble syncing and it may have trouble with log in as well from what I recall. 

I try to keep mine updated now at least every two weeks.  It then syncs up as well.  I know last update was just this past Sunday for my Tools and it logged me out automatically.  I didn't have any trouble logging back in after that, but it didn't sync until it updated.