Healing through Christ

Jtorre

Luke 9 verse 11 states, "11 And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing."

I recently read this during my scripture study and thought it was a wonderful example of how Jesus Christ was and is a source of healing. I may not have been there to witness his life and the many miracles he performed, but I have come to know him through personal prayer and through studying his life through scripture. I know that no matter where we may be in our lives that Christ knows us and wishes to help us grow beyond the pains of this life.

17 hours ago, Jtorre said:

Luke 9 verse 11 states, "11 And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing."

I recently read this during my scripture study and thought it was a wonderful example of how Jesus Christ was and is a source of healing. I may not have been there to witness his life and the many miracles he performed, but I have come to know him through personal prayer and through studying his life through scripture. I know that no matter where we may be in our lives that Christ knows us and wishes to help us grow beyond the pains of this life.

Thank you for your comments.  Beautifully said.

On 2/11/2023 at 6:19 PM, Jtorre said:

Sad that many do not know how he heals and from what he heals.  Death and resurrection are both acts of healing.

The Traveler

• 3 weeks later...

When the people heard about him, they immediately followed him, according to Luke 9:11, and he received them, taught them about the kingdom of God, and provided healing for those who needed it.

I recently read this during my time of prayer and thought it was a fantastic illustration of how healing came through Jesus Christ and continues to come from Him. Even though I wasn't present to witness his life and the numerous miracles he worked, I have grown to know him through my own personal prayer and the study of the Bible's accounts of his life. No matter where we may be in life, I am confident that Christ knows us and wants to help us go past the suffering of this world.