Attack on Police

Carborendum

25 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

I've been considering a lot regarding what was said earlier on the forum about how it isn't just blue/red states.  It is blue/red cities and counties regardless of states.

I heard a while back about Seattle basically giving Walmart the finger.  Then Walmart gave it right back to them.

I recently heard about this story (for which you provided the link).  Other reports said that they were closing simply because the thefts made it impossible to operate a business.  I notice that the article tried to bring balance to the story.  It didn't really fill the article with political rhetoric.  I liked that.

They pointed out that Walmart simply cannot keep operating with such retail losses due to theft.  Then they pointed out that a lot of the crime is due to inflation + unemployment + low wages.  But they didn't blame any party or political leadership.  Very refreshing.

I'd never heard of "Tell Me Best".  That is interesting because I'm quite eclectic in my news sources.  I'll definitely be adding this to my list.  But I am confused by another article I found on their site.  I'll talk about that in a different thread.

35 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I'd never heard of "Tell Me Best".  That is interesting because I'm quite eclectic in my news sources.  I'll definitely be adding this to my list.  But I am confused by another article I found on their site.  I'll talk about that in a different thread.

Well, to be honest, here's how I got there:

- See the news on TikTok (Honestly, my 30 min daily on that app makes me aware of about 70% of the stuff I learn about.  AM radio local news and the WSJ give the rest.)
- Decide to learn more and do a Google News search.  "Tell Me Best" was 3rd or 4th down the list, seemed halfway decent.

1 minute ago, NeuroTypical said:

Well, to be honest, here's how I got there:

- See the news on TikTok (Honestly, my 30 min daily on that app makes me aware of about 70% of the stuff I learn about.  AM radio local news and the WSJ give the rest.)
- Decide to learn more and do a Google News search.  "Tell Me Best" was 3rd or 4th down the list, seemed halfway decent.

I can certainly understand that.  But this was a hidden gem.

Some media outlets are saying that these are "protestors".

They aren't.

They're anarcho-communists who believe that they are modern-day "anti-fascists" despite they themselves being the ones who use fascistic methods to get their way. Often, these people are actually from upper-class backgrounds, and I'm hearing reports that among those arrested in the assault on the facility here are an employee with the Southern Poverty Law Center and a professor from Canada. 

A number of people have fallen for their propaganda, but everyone else who understands what's going on know that these people are domestic terrorists. 

41 minutes ago, Ironhold said:

They aren't.

They're anarcho-communists who believe that they are modern-day "anti-fascists" despite they themselves being the ones who use fascistic methods to get their way. Often, these people are actually from upper-class backgrounds, and I'm hearing reports that among those arrested in the assault on the facility here are an employee with the Southern Poverty Law Center and a professor from Canada. 

A number of people have fallen for their propaganda, but everyone else who understands what's going on know that these people are domestic terrorists. 

Can upper class people protest anything? What about professors?

Edited by LDSGator

There's a difference between protesting, and antifa direct actions where everyone shows up wearing black, some are tasked with holding umbrellas to conceal the identity of the folks engaging in property destruction, and everyone comes with a frozen water bottle that makes a temporary rock that is useless as evidence.

Difference between protesting, and mobbing up to generate a police response, that gets forced into a response, in order to produce selectively edited videos that get spammed across social media as part of a larger operation to generate dissent and outrage.

To directly answer your question, of course anyone from any class can protest anything.  If someone is telling you they're a protestor, there are ways to determine if they're telling the truth or not. 

2 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

If someone is telling you they're a protestor, there are ways to determine if they're telling the truth or not. 

I generally agree with you, and I think ANTIFA is pretty nasty as well. But-it’s always easier to question the motives of people we disagree with. Sometimes people of all ages are protesting and stating things they genuinely believe. 

Just so we know who we're talking about, this is from the Atlanta PD Facebook page

May be an image of 19 people and text

All but 2 were from other states.  Everyone is charged with domestic terrorism by the state.

33 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

But-it’s always easier to question the motives of people we disagree with.

Ok, but I don't have the faintest clue what these folks' motives are, and I don't know if I agree with them or not.  I'm judging actions here.  From one of the links above:

Sunday's events began with a music festival that was part of a week of demonstrations against the construction. But police said events turned violent when "agitators" changed into black clothing, breached the site, and launched bricks, rocks, Molotov cocktails and fireworks at officers.

And again, if there were professors (or anyone else) at the daytime demonstrations, then hooray for the 1st amendment.  Even if I disagree with them, let 'em demonstrate their little hearts out.  I don't care who they are or what they want, once they start knocking over fences, going on private property, throwing bricks/rocks/molotovs/fireworks, then off to jail they go.  You wanna tell me they're with the group "conservatives for Jesus"?  Ok.  Arrest, charge, try, convict, and imprison them.  

Agitators are a thing.  Agitators exist in many different camps and politics and motives.  You show up and use your group manipulation tactics to turn peaceful protestors violent.  Sometimes a little alcohol works, sometimes a megaphone is all that's needed.  Usually happens after the sun goes down.  

2 hours ago, LDSGator said:

Can upper class people protest anything? What about professors?

Generally speaking, these are people who have had lives so comfortable or are so far gone into their personal politics that they don't understand what the real world is like and so believe any sort of inconvenience, let alone pushback, is tantamount to "hatred" and "oppression". 

These reports:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/southern-poverty-law-center-lawyer-reportedly-arrested-domestic-terrorism-atlanta-cop-city-attack

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/06/us/atlanta-cop-city-protests/index.html

is conjuring up parallels to the Kingmen rising up as the war with the Lamanites was going on.  WWIII sure appears to be right around the corner.  And these guys have been getting organized for the past several years.  Now, they are actually performing acts of terrorism in broad daylight without fear of repercussions.

Small acts now.  But when we send our best troops (including reserves and national guard) off to foreign wars, what do you suppose will happen on the domestic front?

Too many parallels to the BoM during the days of Capt. Moroni.  It is ominously similar.  IF (see, I said "if") DeSantis wins the Presidential election, he will be assassinated at some point.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is so much domestic terrorism while the war is going on that martial law will be declared.  Not that I would relish that.  But that seems to be the pattern that is presenting itself.

Too many parallels.

We can only hope that it is Pahoran rather than Lachoneus.

Edited by Carborendum

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

WWIII sure appears to be right around the corner.  And these guys have been getting organized for the past several years.  Now, they are actually performing acts of terrorism in broad daylight without fear of repercussions.

Small acts now.  But when we send our best troops (including reserves and national guard) off to foreign wars, what do you suppose will happen on the domestic front?

Honestly, @mirkwood and a couple of his co-workers could take the whole group of them all at once.  (And that's what happened in Georgia).  You don't use the army on your own citizens.  That's somewhere in our constitution they tell me.  

I wouldn't be surprised if there is so much domestic terrorism while the war is going on that martial law will be declared.  Not that I would relish that.  But that seems to be the pattern that is presenting itself.

Too many parallels.

We can only hope that it is Pahoran rather than Lachoneus.

So, yeah, 2020 saw a troubling and worrisome uptick in this sort of thing.  But it's been happening forever.  Pretty much every single one of them is peopled with folks who are trying to spark the fire, start the uprising, throw the first rock that starts the revolution.  There have always been too many parallels.

Edited by NeuroTypical

2 hours ago, mikbone said:

This crew cant even properly organize a barber appointment.

I’m not gonna panic just yet.

The issue is raw numbers.

Communist dictatorships view the proletariat, and even select members of the upper levels, as perfectly expendable if it means achieving the ultimate ends of the state. 

As a result, communist leaders will think nothing of rolling out large numbers of people and using human wave tactics for terroristic and military operations even when doing so would waste hideous numbers of lives to achieve ends that could be done better with better training and equipment. 

By comparison, take a look at the Empire from "Star Wars". More often than not, they only win engagements by simply having sheer numbers on their side due to their equipment being terrible (MatPat did an entire episode of "Film Theorists" on why the TiE Fighter essentially lost the war for the Empire) and their soldiers being fanatical. In contrast, the Rebellion sees the loss of life as a waste and only flings large numbers of people at an objective if there's no other option. 

Basically, it's only when they start running out of body bags and serviceable military hardware that the communist dictatorships start to worry.

2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Honestly, @mirkwood and a couple of his co-workers could take the whole group of them all at once.  (And that's what happened in Georgia). 

I admire Mirk's abilities as much as you do.  But it took more than three cops in Georgia to handle this group. And there are still (per the reporter) "countless" more associated individuals still camping out in the forest nearby.

You don't use the army on your own citizens. 

I'm not just talking about the army.  I mentioned that only because it is a necessary step to get the national guard out of the country as well.  You have to use the army and the reserves.  Then if they need further support the National Guard is called upon to supplement the national army.

One major function of the National Guard is to supplement local / county police when a massive mob is beyond the abilities of local police/sheriff's office.  They're essentially the pre-determined "citizen posse" of the old west.  But if they're all gone, then how are police supposed to treat domestic terrorists that descend on a city?  There simply won't be enough.

That's somewhere in our constitution they tell me.  

Not really.  That's why George Washington was able to lead the army against the Whiskey Rebellion.  

Rather, it's in Title 10 of the US Code.  The President CAN use Active Duty military on US soil against its own citizens under very few and specific conditions.  And (IIUC) he may only do this if the local sheriff requests federal help).  See Posse Comitatus and The Insurrection Act.

So, yeah, 2020 saw a troubling and worrisome uptick in this sort of thing.  But it's been happening forever.  Pretty much every single one of them is peopled with folks who are trying to spark the fire, start the uprising, throw the first rock that starts the revolution.  There have always been too many parallels.

Not really.  Not like what is happening today. I looked at exactly 20 random examples in the list.  From that sample they were all either small numbers of armed individuals, or large (& small) numbers of unarmed individuals. Either way, Police forces were sufficient to quell the protesters.  If I missed one that does not fit into this mold, please point it out and I'll read it.

I have read of others (like Rodney King) where there were armed individuals and the numbers were so great that the National Guard, Reservists, and some Active Duty were called in to help.

Police were fully mobilized with officers on 12 hour shifts, convoy patrols, scout helicopters, street barricades, tactical command centers, and support from the Army National Guard, the active duty Army and the Marines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

It happened in ONE location.  But we saw BLM riots all over the place.

I'm not saying that THIS IS IT.  I'm saying that whenever circumstances begin to look familiar compared to past history, we need to see if we can avoid past tragedies from recurring.  And if events like this one are repeated a sufficient number of times and in sufficient magnitude, then we need to take notice.

• 2 months later...
On 3/6/2023 at 10:04 PM, Ironhold said:

They aren't.

Attacking the police is an unacceptable and dangerous act that cannot be justified. The police play an important role in ensuring public safety and justice. Violence and aggression only exacerbate problems and destroy trust in society. I hear a lot about police brutality, I use https://edubirdie.com/examples/police-brutality/ for that. But if you figure it out, then people themselves bring it to this. The best way to resolve conflicts and protests is through peaceful communication, dialogue and compromise. I urge everyone to abide by the law, respect the right of others to safety, and assert their rights through legal and non-violent means. Only through mutual understanding and cooperation can we build a better and more just society.

The media always talks a lot

Edited by tomasgreenro