Jan 6th Footage

Carborendum

1 hour ago, Godless said:

Recent remarks from Mike Pence:

20230312_080753.jpg.6d6876a412f419e0089304e5092813c3.jpg

I couldn't find video, but this is from last night's Gridiron Dinner.

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/12/pence-trump-jan-6-accountable

The Trumpers turning on Mike Pence-a conservatives conservative was very validating to me. It proved that they worship Trump and don’t care at all about conservatism. 

5 hours ago, LDSGator said:

The Trumpers turning on Mike Pence-a conservatives conservative was very validating to me. It proved that they worship Trump and don’t care at all about conservatism. 

Mike Pence is hardly a conservative’s conservative.  And he did have the right to not accept the results of the election that day.  His job was to make that decision, and it’s been proven since then that the election was stolen.  As for things Trump said that day, there was absolutely nothing he said that would have put Pence’s family in danger.  I watched his speech at the Capitol, and Trump specifically said to protest peacefully.  Anyone who says otherwise either didn’t watch his speech or is a liar, or both.

It proved that they worship Trump and don’t care at all about conservatism.

It proves that some people still fall for the anti-Trump rhetoric rather than think critically for themselves.

3 hours ago, Jedi_Nephite said:

Anyone who says otherwise either didn’t watch his speech or is a liar, or both.

And any Trumper who thinks Mike Pence-a highly decent and honorable man, even if you politically disagree with him-is morally deficient because he followed the law is so wrapped in the Trump cult that they probably can't be reasoned with. 

Edited by LDSGator

On 3/9/2023 at 12:14 PM, Carborendum said:

How many people were killed in Black Lives Matter riots?  By whom?  How many people were killed in the January 6th protest?  Only one protester -- by a police officer who was not in danger.  No one else was killed.  

There was one other woman protestor on January 6th that also died besides Ashley Babbit.  Rosanne Boyland was also killed.

Read about it here:  Videos Shed Light on Death of Rosanne Boyland at US Capitol on Jan. 6 - The Thinking Conservative

But I agree that the January 6th protest had maybe around three hundred fifty people who did violent and stupid stuff.  Someone I know who was there that day said that the protest had over 25,000 people there.  It was not an insurrection as many claim.

On 3/10/2023 at 10:06 AM, Carborendum said:

I've just heard a report (complete with court documents) that Federal Agents were involved with J6 (supposedly, they were the agitators that go away) and destroyed evidence.  I also saw another source saying the same thing.  But it was behind a paywall that I can't read the details of.

Apart from that, I can't find a corroborating source yet.  But I'll be looking for further details as I keep my ear to the ground.

OK.  So far all I've been able to verify is that one of the J6 defendants has legal representation. The lawyer has issued a request for mistrial and dismissal of all charges because prosecution deliberately withheld exculpatory evidence.  That is where this came from.

While I'd say that the shaman video alone would satisfy the requirements, we'll see how it plays out in courts.

I choose to withhold my judgments in this matter until I get sufficient information.  With pieces I have heard from both obviously biased sides in this matter is not sufficient for me.  I do not trust political narratives nor do I trust Trump.  I am of the opinion that the election was flawed by design and that if the truth was known both sides are complicit – though I believe one side more complicit than the other.  I speculate that if the truth was ever to get out that the citizens of this country would rebel – storm the capitol and lynch most (if not all) of our elected officials.

The Traveler

Today a jury convicted 4 more folks.  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/four-oath-keepers-associates-convicted-in-jan-6-conspiracy-case-45908eb3?mod=hp_lead_pos10

Of six defendants on trial, four—Sandra Parker, Laura Steele, William Isaacs, and Connie Meggs—were found guilty of conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding. They face the prospect of years in prison but weren’t jailed while awaiting trial and will remain free until sentencing.

In a previous trial, Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and another top member of the group were convicted in November of seditious conspiracy and other charges related to the Capitol assault.

im-743231?width=700&height=700

im-743246?width=860&height=503