Kapernick Interview About Being Raised by Racist Parents

Carborendum

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

I agree with what I believe is your position here.  But words tend to have more than one definition.  I used the one I described in my post above.

While it is true that "racist" has been expanded to mean other things, the accusation of "racist" has not. Accordingly I reject the expanded meaning. 

I have been pondering a great deal concerning racial prejudice.  It seems to me that everyone dose some prejudging of others but not all prejudging is equal; some prejudices are much worse than others.  I have come to the conclusion that one particular kind of racial prejudice is much worse than all others combined.

I believe that the worse form of racial prejudice is the blaming of an entire race for the misfortunes of another race.  One of the best examples of this was the Nazi blame of the Jews for all the difficulties and wrongs done to Germany leading up the WWII.  The racial prejudice began by blaming the Jews but it is important to realize that all Jews carried the burden – not just some that may have done some wrong but all Jews.  This led to the hatred of all Jews and eventually to the Holocaust.  What is interesting to me is that some of the worse hatred of the Jews came from those with Jewish blood.  Hitler was part Jewish.

There is today an political movement to convince one race that all their ills and problems can be blamed on another race.  I cannot imagine a more evil or wrong political message.  There is no possible benefit for a systemic blame of an entire race and the very foundation of such a movement is the exact opposite of the message of Christ to love your neighbor and to do good to those that despitefully use you.  The idea of revenge (reporations) is the greatest engine of war that convinces both sides to increasingly hate, despise and seek revenge on the other.  It is the systemic evil to return evil not just on a perpetrator but all of a particular race or class of individuals – regardless of their involvement.  It is the gaslighting and blame of an entire race that is the most evil of all racial prejudices.

The Traveler