UFOs

Carborendum

From as early as the 1950s, we had all sorts of tales of the unknown talking about UFO sightings.  They soon became the subject of TV shows and movies.  We've had science fiction since Jules Verne or earlier.  But they were quickly dismissed as fiction, hoaxes, hallucinations, delusions, or mistaken identification.

Well, the idea that the "U" stands for "Unidentified" would indicate that we don't know what it is.  For many years "official sources" and mainstream culture dismissed every sighting as something "unidentified."  Well, that was certainly accurate, but not helpful.  The idea was that these were dismissed.

About the last 5 to 10 years, we've been hearing public comments from the Pentagon and other government sources that sightings are being confirmed about "something" that doesn't move like anything we know of.  Still not believing that it was extra-terrestrial.  The official position was that either a foreign party or another secret department of the government was developing new technology that the Pentagon was unaware of.

Only this year have I heard government sources begin to speculate that some of these objects may be extraterrestrial.  That's very interesting.  I personally don't believe that this planet is of sufficient significance for it to attract the attention of alien beings which are capable of interstellar travel.  But the fact that US military sources are beginning to entertain the idea is very interesting.  But what does that tell us?  Either:

• The US government really doesn't know and all their intelligence network hasn't caught any inkling of such technology in other nations.
  • The US government is trying to play a game on the public.
  • There really are extraterrestrials exploring the earth.

I cant' think of any other options.  I find #1 unlikely, but possible.  I find #3 to be unbelievable.  That leaves #2.  If that is so, what are they trying to do?

I'd welcome other explanations for this evolving position of the government.