Another question about mormon religion..adam and eve?

i've always thought this was an interesting topic for discussion. as i see it, the lds and lds scriptures both teach that God pretty much commanded adam and eve to sin. of course, lds con't call it a sin, they call it a transgression. they directly violated a commandment of God, which they understood, and that's not a sin? it's all interesting.

God knows everything. He set up His plan and wanted Adam and Eve to enter a probationary state that they might have joy by choosing good over evil.

I find it amusing that some false teachings about the fall of Adam seem to teach that God was shocked when Adam and his wife partook of the forbidden fruit. God had Plan A but man messed it up so He had to go with Plan B.

The Fall was planned as was the Atonement Christ would make. The Lord also knew many men would exercise their freedom of choice and choose to be wicked. Modern day revelation teaches that Adam and Eve were righteous and walked with God but many of their children chose to reject the commandments of God and be evil.

Hidden

Articles of faith: 2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.

What does this mean to you? I know what wikipedia says on Mormon beliefs regarding this, but Wikipedia can be a bit misleading sometimes.

I've been thinking about this interpretation:

God commanded Adam not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge, and to relay the message to his wife. However, rather than entrusting Eve with God's exact commandment, Adam informed her that they were forbidden to touch the tree

Well, we don't know this (according to what I have read) so it's a bit of a wild-card assuming that Adam told Eve this, but we do know that :

it went from eat (Eve wasn't around for this commandment) to touch or eat. How did I miss that?

What happened there?

The fall of Adam & Eve was part of the Plan of Salvation, which was prior to their inhabitation the Earth.

I just read the Book of Jubilees, Chapter 3 [quest in searching for that answer] where it depicts the Genesis story with added vivid details of time, events, and names; there is some direct correlation of this chapter to the Temple narrative. Though, what is fascinating is ‘rib’ story. The story has Adam outside of the Garden when his body was created and entered therein. Not only that, in naming the animals and so on. It was there that Eve was created. After Eve creation, both of them were brought into the garden to care for it. It also stated, when Adam and Eve left the garden to live out there mortal lives, Adam return to that land of his creation.

5 And the Lord our God caused a deep sleep to fall upon him, and he slept, and He took for the woman one rib from amongst his ribs, and this rib was the origin of the woman from amongst his ribs, and He built up the flesh in its stead, and built the woman.

6 And He awaked Adam out of his sleep and on awaking he rose on the sixth day, and He brought her to him, and he knew her, and said unto her: 'This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called [my] wife; because she was taken from her husband.'

I come to learn with many instances of the Savior in His mortal life, there were times He required materials for either to repair or to multiply. I don’t see this far from reality when we ourselves are not from this grasp with this type of science. Yet, more proof is required whether it was true or not.

Remember, it is a non-canonize work that may have been rewritten many times since the first author. Without having a seer to ensure the words are correct and true, we need the guidance of the spirit when reading.

After a lengthy search, the answer on whether Eve was told by Adam is not the case. When approached by Lucifer [serpent], the conversation ended up that Eve was commanded by the Godhead in not partaking the fruit - as she related this statement to Lucifer.

The timing of Lucifer's tempting Eve in the garden, when there was no anglelic guardian watching is another issue.

The next question, we do know that Adam was shy of 1,000 years old when he passed away. How old was Eve when she passed away since she died after him? lol