my mother

Winnie G

Dear Friends.

It is with deep sadness I tell you my mother Shirley Jonas passed yesterday afternoon at her home with my brother Harry and Aunt Franny by her side after battling cancer for nine years.

Moms health took a turn for the worst after the loss of my sister Leslie this passed September.

Mom will be cremated and buried in the family plot next to her husband Bert at St. Katherine's Church just out side Lansing Michigan this summer.

I want to thank any of you that loved and supported me with your prayers and love as my mother struggled with this horrible disease.

love

Winnie g and Family

Winnie, I too am sorry to hear of your mother's passing, and commend you for having the strength to share this with the members of this site.

I'm sure you know that her suffering has finally ended, and that she will be happy now..I hope that you will find the strength to get through the next week or so, and that your family life will be less troubled soon.

Hi Winnie, I just read your post. I don't know you but I am 'feeling' for you right now. I lost my mother to cancer too, it was some time ago but not so long that I can't imagine your grief. The older women in your life are gone... that makes you the matriarch. I'm sure they gave you so much and you are more than qualified to step up. May the spirit comfort you today!