I recently found my grandfather's Book of Mormon (he passed away about 8 years ago) and found a sheet of paper in it titled "23 Questions answered by the Book of Mormon". I don't know where he got it. There isn't any other information on it, but it helped me understand some basic beliefs about the LDS church as well as give me peace about my decision to start going to church. I thought it might help others who are searching. I hope I'm not breaking any copyright laws, but this paper is from the late 70's if not older. I think he might have taken it out of an old set of scriptures or a book when he got new scriptures in the early 80's.

Have your scriptures in hand if you want the answers! It just gives the scripture to refer to. And I'm too lazy to do all of the work!

23 Questions answered by the Book of Mormon

1. What is the purpose on man's existence? 2 Nephi 2:25

2. How can God be both just and mericful? Alma 42

3. What happens to our spirits at death? Alma 40:11-14

4. Who were the "other sheep" referred to by Jesus as recorded by John 10:16? 3 Nephi 15:13-24

5. How can a person turn his personal weakness into strength? Ether 12:27

6. How can a desire to believe develop strong faith? Alma 32

7. What happened in America when Jesus was born in Bethlehem? 3 Nephi 1:15-21

8. What happened in AMerican when Jesus was crucified in Jerusalem? 3 Nephi 8:5-23

9. When do we witness "Unto the Father" by being baptized? 2 Nephi 31:10-14

10. Why was Jesus Christ baptized? 2 Nephi31: 4-9

11. Just what is the gospel of Jesus Christ? How did the savior explain what it is? 3 Nephi 27:13-21

12. Why was the atonement of Jesus Christ necessary? 2 Nephi 9:4-14; Alma 34:8-17

13. To what extent are men accountable for their choices and their actions? 2 Nephi 9:25-27; 2 Nephi 2:27; Helaman 14:30-31

14. Do little children need repentance and baptism? Moroni 8:1-24

15. Does the Lord always protect the righteous from the unrighteous? Alma 60:12-13

16. How did a prophet who lived in 600 BC describe our day? 2 Nephi 28:1-32

17. What would it be like to live in a society in which all people kept the commandments of God? 4 Nephi 2-5, 12-13, 15-18

18. What should we pray about? Alma 34:17-28

19. Why should we not procrastinate our repentance? Alma 34:30-41

20. What will our bodies be like in the resurrection? Alma 40:23

21. Are we saved by grace, by works or both? 2 Nephi 25:23

22. In a world with so many conflicting voices, how can a person judge what is good and what is evil? Moroni 7:14-19

23. How can a person know if the Book of Mormon is true? Moroni 10:3-5

Thanks, Heckya!!

I have been looking for something lately to suppliment my scripture study... I wasn't even sure exactly what I was looking for, but wanted something to steer me to different doctrinal directions... This little list is "speaking" to me... Might just be what I need to jump start my personal studies!!

Thanks For Sharing!!

Silver Girl

If anyone has any questions with scripture reference answers to add, please do it! I can't seem to get through the scriptures chapter by chapter so studying this way really helps!! This could be quite helpful to all of us. Thanks PC! Your additional question was helpful.

About 3 weeks ago, in RS, we were encouraged to read Chapter 5 of the manual Preach My Gospel, which includes a list of questions similar to the one above, not as many questions listed tho, as you're encouraged to find your own questions and answers to them within the BOM.

I've found that trying to get thru the chapters of Preach My Gospel and Gospel Principles with the scriptures beside me is a useful way to study.

I know this is a bit off-topic...but it fits the broad notion of scripture answering important questions.

#1. Is it okay to cry? (I can imagine my 7, 5, and 3 years olds asking this--and a lot of adults who are to ashamed to ask): JOHN 11:35

Sheesk:eek: I am now officially glad that you posted that scripture PC cause i was wondering if i needed a permit for the waterworks I have been operating lately. Learning the hard way sucks and its darn normal for tears to be part of that process... man am i dehydrated.