I Am Resigning From The Church

naomi

Since I can no longer deny the message God has laid upon my heart, I with a heavy heart and a lot of sadness for the people I leave behind (make no mistake about it: the ward gossip meter is on overdrive and my answering machine is full of insincere messages crying "friendship" from utter strangers so any "friends" I manage to keep who are LDS are incredibly special to me) sent my bishop a letter of resignation. Not because i have a sudden and overwhelming urge to sin (coffee smells nasty and I do not drink, smoke, have s*x, watch p)rn nor do I watch R rated films or have piercings and tattoos), not because people offended me (that is incidental) and not because I am lazy (fulfilled my callings and attended my meetings): I put my might, mind, heart and soul into being an LDS woman and faithful RS sister. I can no longer follow a false pantheon of Gods. I boxed up my LDS memorabilia (it is nothing more to me than some memories, mostly good) and am looking for a decent bible believing church. This was not an emotion based decision and did not come without a lot of sleepless nights and tears. I counted the cost and to remain would cost me my very soul. Perhaps I think too much but I count it all gain to lose the community I was a part of for so long. Thank you to the fine people I met along that path and my apologies to the "gentiles" I hurt along the way. Wish you the best.

Naomi

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Starsky

You may live...but will you have 'life'. :unsure:

I don't know you Naomi, but I do sincerely feel bad you are leaving the church...I hope you find what you are looking for....

Leaving something you had special in your life is always a hard thing to do...I wish you luck in finding what you need in your life.

Keep faith in what is important to you...you'll be ok.

Originally posted by naomi@Jun 4 2004, 11:48 PM

Since I can no longer deny the message God has laid upon my heart,...

God seems to have a tendency to send out conflicting messages. I find that both disturbing and enlightening.

Did you ever have a testamony that the church is true?

If so why do you think God would tell you differently now?

Also, I am curious why you refere to a "false pantheon of Gods"?

I myself only follow one God. I've not heard ever that we are to follow

any other god. Unless you understand that Jesus is a god but that is

a different topic.

I hope that nobody on this board trys to get you to come back to the church.

After all the prodigal son was not fetched...he was patiently waited for to return.

Good luck.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Setheus@Jun 5 2004, 08:32 AM

Did you ever have a testamony that the church is true?

Also, I am curious why you refere to a "false pantheon of Gods"?

I myself only follow one God. I've not heard ever that we are to follow

any other god. Unless you understand that Jesus is a god but that is

a different topic.

I hope that nobody on this board trys to get you to come back to the church.

After all the prodigal son was not fetched...he was patiently waited for to return.

Good luck.

Good points all Setheus.

i wounder from where this feeling came to you?

have you asked yourself this queston?

do you read your escriptures every day as is being told you since you were a member?

because seems you respect some of the comandments, and i know you have a testimony of them but you would not have any other if you just do some, you most do all to obtain all the testimonies needed for your salvation.

how can i said you are not God to God when i'm not even know him?

i am a person that not trust pepole very easy i have to study the person and what is being saying to me to really believe. i have 26 years as lds member and 6 months reading the scriptures as the church is being saying to me for 26 years! and this is the time when i realize that what i'm being following is true because this God that we follow is being with me all the way in one of my most dificut time of my life. Lossing eternal marriege is not that easy many things can disturb your life and make you don't believe any more but i being recognising that i was not doing all the things necessaries to recieve the blessins that i deserve as a child of God. i do not know you but i know what is being in the line of decition to whom i should follow. this is my advice and testimony: read the scriptures every moment that you have free time any minute, the bible or the book of mormon know the God you wan to follow because that is the one you are looking for, he will show you the way to walk.

Guest TheProudDuck

I can no longer follow a false pantheon of Gods. I ... am looking for a decent bible believing church.

Good luck, I suppose. I've never quite understood how people are convinced to abandon one unprovable doctrine in favor of another, but I suppose plenty of people don't understand the way I think, either.

Guest bizabra

I actually think that a belief in the Greek Pantheon is rational. How else to explain the seemingly capricious nature of "god"? A great band of bickering, petty, jealous, and mischeivous "gods" pulling the strings makes a lot of sense when looking at the world today! More sense than the idea of a great, powerful, merciful, just, loving "father" god, anyway. . . . . LOL!

Originally posted by naomi@Jun 4 2004, 10:48 PM

Since I can no longer deny the message God has laid upon my heart, I with a heavy heart and a lot of sadness for the people I leave behind (make no mistake about it: the ward gossip meter is on overdrive and my answering machine is full of insincere messages crying "friendship" from utter strangers so any "friends" I manage to keep who are LDS are incredibly special to me) sent my bishop a letter of resignation. Not because i have a sudden and overwhelming urge to sin (coffee smells nasty and I do not drink, smoke, have s*x, watch p)rn nor do I watch R rated films or have piercings and tattoos), not because people offended me (that is incidental) and not because I am lazy (fulfilled my callings and attended my meetings): I put my might, mind, heart and soul into being an LDS woman and faithful RS sister. I can no longer follow a false pantheon of Gods. I boxed up my LDS memorabilia (it is nothing more to me than some memories, mostly good) and am looking for a decent bible believing church. This was not an emotion based decision and did not come without a lot of sleepless nights and tears. I counted the cost and to remain would cost me my very soul. Perhaps I think too much but I count it all gain to lose the community I was a part of for so long. Thank you to the fine people I met along that path and my apologies to the "gentiles" I hurt along the way. Wish you the best.

Naomi

I so there with you g*rlfriend. I remember when, as a Mormon, I use to follow that same false pantheon of gods. I mean like did you get a load of that Hephaestus dude, god of fire and craft. I mean like really, it was aways like "h^y look at me, I just made this armor for Achilles," and "Did you check out P@ndora? That's right, I made her." Or how about that cheesey Aphodite who thought she was such a hot mama cuz Paris thought she was cuter than Athena and Hera. What an ego?

When I went through the same thing you are going through, I too boxed up my LDS memories (it is nothing more to me than things I remember, mostly inert) and am now looking for a decent church that interprets the Bible the way that think they should.

I thought about staying and being insincere like all those other yokels who deny the message God lays on their hearts but I computed the cost of my soul and I am so much more worth it than then they are.

Guest wifeandmom

God bless you in your travels Namoni.

The Gate is narrow and few will find it, let alone have the faith and courage to walk through it.

So many stay where they are because it is comfortable, or a tradition or a position or they do not want to lose friends or family, or they have a carnal love of the dovtrine , true ot not.

So many are afraid to admit they never really HAD a testimony.

I trust that the hand of God will place you in the place He has chosen for you .

Courage sister

You may live...but will you have 'life'.

Are you saying there is no life outside the LDS church?

God seems to have a tendency to send out conflicting messages

Maybe the first message was never from God in the first place.

Because God allows us to make mistakes. And it seems like has seen one of hers.

I am finding this very interesting how so many people are acting like you can't follow God outside the boundaries of mormonism. Naomi, good luck finding a genuine church without the b.s. of what you have just seen on this thread.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Tr2@Jun 5 2004, 02:06 PM

You may live...but will you have 'life'.

Are you saying there is no life outside the LDS church?

I am finding this very interesting how so many people are acting like you can't follow God outside the boundaries of mormonism. Naomi, good luck finding a genuine church without the b.s. of what you have just seen on this thread.

LOL....if you can't find God while in the Church, then maybe you will find him outside the church, and come back.

The 'Life' is only given through the preisthood ordinances...and we all know who has those and the authority to perform them...D&C 84: 21

21 And without the ordinances thereof, and the aauthority of the priesthood, the power of godliness is not manifest unto men in the flesh;

You know godliness comes when you experience 'rebirth' right?

LOL....if you can't find God while in the Church, then maybe you will find him outside the church, and come back.

The 'Life' is only given through the preisthood ordinances...and we all know who has those and the authority to perform them...D&C 84: 21

21 And without the ordinances thereof, and the aauthority of the priesthood, the power of godliness is not manifest unto men in the flesh;

I asked a yes or no question. Are you going to answer it or give me an essay that I didn't ask for?

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Tr2@Jun 5 2004, 04:38 PM

I asked a yes or no question. Are you going to answer it or give me an essay that I didn't ask for?
TR2....There is 'life' outside the church. But it won't be as challenging and abundant...

so.....<span style=\'font-family:Geneva\'>YES and NO!

Naomi, please come back and elaborate. As one considering joining the church you're leaving, I must have your thoughts, as they are especially vital.

You may be uncomfortable posting here. If one wishes to send me a private message it is encouraged.

Nicodemus~

If you are investigating the church for possible membership, then you should post the concerns you have after talking to Naomi and let us give you our opinions of those concerns.

I can tell you that as a convert...

I have great faith in God, and a strong testimony of what I have always believed to be true. While I was investigating the church, I had so many negative things thrown in my face, and as I grew in knowledge of the church, I found that the negative things were turned into a positive outlook of my faith because of the extensive reading and praying I did.

I once had someone tell me that the stronger advocate you will be for the Lord, the harder the pull of the adversary will be to keep you away from Him.

Naomi~I have known some really good people who have left the church, and I know that people will be judged on how they live, and their devotion to Christ. We are not here to judge you, we are here to embrace you as a child of God.

There is 'life' outside the church. But it won't be as challenging and abundant

Really? I just received a promotion at work that will net me a pay raise of almost 20%. My mortgage was recently paid for, in full. My wife will give borth to our second child in 6 months. My son, who will be a year old this summer, couldn't be healthier or happier. I am getting along with my in-laws better than ever. And tomorrow I have the priviledge of spending the day with WWII vets. My life couldn't be better. And I am not a member of the mormon church, so please tell me what a "more abundant and challenging" life is.

I think weird Al said it best.

"....infact I wish him well. Cause I'll be laughing my head off when he's burning in hell!."

--Amish Paradise

I know somebody that you should meet. His name is Jesus. He is one of those guys that just makes you a better person simply by hanging around Him. You've obviously never heard of him. You should take a minute away from mormonism and look him up sometime.

We are not here to judge you, we are here to embrace you as a child of God.

lindy, unfortunately everbody on this board does not feel that way. There are people here who don't want the best for others, they just want others to do what they want and will curse them when they don't. It's the if you don't do as I say then to hell with you.