Apostle book recommendations?

HomeAgain

Hi ... I've recently come back after being inactive for five years, and I just finished reading Elder Eyring's To Draw Closer to God and Neal A. Maxwell's Not My Will But Thine.

I had both of these in my home library.

Both were excellent.

I thought I'd launch my new foray into the church by actually purchasing a new book.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I love to read about the atonement, especially.

Thanks!

Nicole

Hi ... I've recently come back after being inactive for five years, and I just finished reading Elder Eyring's To Draw Closer to God and Neal A. Maxwell's Not My Will But Thine.

I had both of these in my home library.

Both were excellent.

I thought I'd launch my new foray into the church by actually purchasing a new book.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I love to read about the atonement, especially.

Thanks!

Nicole

I like "All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience" and "If Thou Endure It Well," both by Neal A. Maxwell. A great book on the atonement that is not by an apostle is "Great Shall Be Your Joy" by Steven A. Cramer.

I like "All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience" and "If Thou Endure It Well," both by Neal A. Maxwell. A great book on the atonement that is not by an apostle is "Great Shall Be Your Joy" by Steven A. Cramer.

Thank you Granny Sue. These sound great. I loved Elder Maxwell, and I'll check out the other book you suggested as well. Have a great day!

If you'd love to read about the atonement, I think "Jesus The Christ" by James E. Talmage is a great read if you have the time and patience. Personally, I'm loving it so far (haven't read the whole thing... just started) and I've learned a lot. Some people think it's difficult or too over their head... I'm not sure how you'd take it. I suggest borrowing it : )