New Preparedness Website does RESEARCH!

Guest Username-Removed

Guest Username-Removed

A lot of you know me at the Preparedness Guru. After being an Emergency Coordinator, and working with members on 72 hour kits I've learned alot and want to pass that on.

I've opened a new website called ReadyPRO.Org. I know there are a million websites that sell Emergency Preparedness products, but hardley anybody has done research on the products they sell. My new website is pure research until September 2008, where I'll then begin offing true 72 hour kits and products that can prepare families properly.

If you have some time, feel free to visit the site and let me know what you think.

Thank you!

Ready PRO - Emergency Preparedness

That is so cool!

I get overwhelmed by 72 hour kits. When I look at the lists, I don't know how the heck I'm going to fit everything in there, especially when I have little children who would have a difficult time carrying their own stuff except if it's really light. We bought a water purifier because there is no way we could haul all the water we would need. I guess our best option is keeping some things in my husband's truck. There's not a lot of cargo space in my compact van.

Guest Username-Removed

There are several methods for water. I think a person should store about 2/3 water (1 gallon) then the ability to filter/purify water (1/2 gallon) for the very last day of 72 hours. The idea here is that filter/purifier could be used as much as 10 days more or longer. However, if you choose the filtering/purifying method, be aware that most filters wont filter out heavy metals and chemicals - which makes flood water very difficult to make drinkable (like in the Katrina hurricane). There is some new technology that I'm looking at that actually removes those elements. Even then, you have to remember that you have to have some sort of a water supply. If so, then purifying/filtering makes sense when it comes to weight savings. Still, a 72 hour kit fully prepared with MRE and just 2 days of water can weigh about 40 lbs. Most 72 backpacks that I see simply wont support that kind of mass. There are other options besides backpacks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working to get my house in order by the end of this year (Dec 31). I've got the weight of the world on my shoulders right now, but a little at a time every day. This includes 72 hour preparedness. I will look into your site. By the way do you live in Utah too? I listen to KSL a lot nowadays.

Guest Username-Removed

KSL is a very good source of information. That page I just created has ticker newsfeeds plumbed into it from KSL. Other feeds are from NOAA (national weather service) as well as the USGS (for earthquakes) Button links can drill down to other information like radar loops and forecasts. Its pretty cool for a guy like me with the calling of Emergency Coordinator to have all the information on one page. I was thinking about creating one for every state in the union, by my or my! That would be a project! :huh:

Yes, I live in Pleasant Grove Utah -- Zion!

Guest Username-Removed

I'm in Perry. I just did some work in Cedar Hills. Man what a drive.

Ya, thats a drive for work thats for sure. I've got a buddy in Tremonton and another one in Rexburg Idaho, Those are drives too - pretty much give up your day for those!

Guest Username-Removed

It was Rexburg. Thats a very tall temple, being situated right there on the hill is pretty amazing. I haven't been through that one yet, but I suppose I will this summer on my next visit.

That new page .... ReadyPRO - links-Utah .... will have video uplinks soon. A person will simply be able to click a button and see time delayed video for weather conditions around Utah. Its pretty cool. But I doubt many will get as excited as me on this subject.