• Islam
    • Other (please post)
    • Jehovah's Witness
    • Southern Baptist
    • Pentecostal
    • Evangelical

Guest Ruthie-chan

As you all know I am new here.

Sometimes it gets a little confusing reading everyone's posts since some people I'm not sure if they're mormon or not.

So, please post your religion as well as answering the poll.

That way I can just know and therefore have an idea of what to expect. :)

Thanks!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ruthie-chan

Originally posted by Unorthodox@Jun 9 2004, 07:47 PM

I chose "agnostic" although I am an active member of the LDS Church.

:huh:

How does that work?

Guest Ruthie-chan

Originally posted by Tr2@Jun 10 2004, 09:05 AM

who chose wicca?............. snow?

Probably.

He seems rather sarcastic and reminds me of my sister's husband.

(Both a good and bad thing. LOL!)

Guest Peace
Originally posted by Snow+Jun 9 2004, 11:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Jun 9 2004, 11:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Maureen@Jun 9 2004, 07:41 PM

I was raised Lutheran and more or less, still am.

M.

...as evidenced by the bony protuberances on your forehead.

Unreal Snow...only you! LOL

Originally posted by Peace+Jun 10 2004, 08:43 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peace @ Jun 10 2004, 08:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Maureen@Jun 9 2004, 08:41 PM

I was raised Lutheran and more or less, still am.

M.

Maureen have you ever been LDS?

No, but was wishing to join when I was a silly seventeen year old. Parents would not give permission and I eventually changed my mind....but Mormons have been a part of my life ever since. Married into a Mormon family....some of my daughter's High School friends are LDS...they're everywhere, they're everywhere - even on this MB. ;)

M.

Guest Starsky

some of my daughter's High School friends are LDS...they're everywhere, they're everywhere - even on this MB. 

Meaning your family, or kids' friends?

I became LDS on July 23, 1989, or about 15 years ago.

Before that I was a member of a church called the "Church of Christ", in which my Dad and Granddad were preachers. I was preparing to become a preacher myself, or maybe a Sunday School teacher, when I then met a returned missionary from the LDS church.

The key thought that initiated my conversion was the idea concerning the need for authority, and my desire to know the truth. That was soon followed by a testimony that the Book of Mormon is what it claims to be, which meant (logically) that Joseph Smith Jr. had to be a prophet to be able to translate it. I then gained a testimony that Joseph Smith Jr. was a prophet, shortly after reading his testimony in the Book of Mormon, and the Doctrine & Covenants, during which time I also gained a testimony that the Doctrine & Covenants were inspired. I then accepted Ezra Taft Benson as a prophet, as a logical conclusion, since his priesthood could be traced back to Joseph Smith Jr. I hadn’t heard about the RLDS church at that point, or I would have then wanted to gain a testimony about whether or not Ezra Taft Benson was a prophet.

At this point, I then became a member of the "LDS" Church. Since then, I have gained a testimony that Ezra Taft Benson was a prophet, and I also have a testimony that Gordon Bitner Hinkley is a prophet. I’ve learned some more things since then too, and all of my knowledge is built upon learning a little something here, and a little something there, followed by an assurance or Faith to help me know the truth.

I haven’t always been an “active” member of the Church since I’ve joined, though, because knowledge of the truth isn’t the only thing that enables someone to live a righteous life, but recently I have concluded that all of the sacrifices expected from me will be worth it. And now, I also have a testimony about that.