• Jehovah's Witness
    • Southern Baptist
    • Pentecostal
    • Evangelical

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was baptized when I was 9 years old and my parents were very active in the church. I went on a mission and got married in the SLC Temple and taught Seminary among other things. After 35 years began to question. I am now an agnostic.

I have issues with god and his/her/its lack of helping people or answering prayers.

I just took the poll. Yep, reclaiming the LDS Faith as my religion and Choice. Coming back, well I am still in the process lol.

Welcome back, Seattle. I hope your stay this time will be a permanant one. I think many of us feel the need to wander a little, but when we do come back, it's like coming home to stay.

Question if I may! Have you been a life on member or a convert? Did you not receive a testimony of this church? Did you just get worn out being a Mormon 7 days a week. And why have you not removed your name for the church records!

You may certainly ask those and any other questions you may have. I am BIC, although my parents were converts before I was born. I served a mission and was married in the temple.

And, yes, I recieved a testimony just like many other people of other faiths receive testimonies of their religion, through prayer and fasting. I have even seen miracles just like others in every other religion, organized or not.

Did I get worn out...absolutely not. I think if you thought your religion was THE only way to salvation, it wouldn't matter if you were worn out, offended, or any of the other reasons you hear why people leave. It is all to make you feel better and place blame on the person who left...the church is perfect, he must have done something wrong.

I have not removed my name from the church records yet because of the strong hold that the church has on people's families and the stigma that is placed on them. The church has done well to reinforce this with temple marriage and such.

I actually had the bishop come over today and he told us we are breaking the line of the gospel being taught to our children and their children. Good, we shall teach them correct principles and let them govern themselves. The church does not hold exclusive rights on kindness, equality, happiness, or salvation. That is my .02 cents.

Guest Godless

You may certainly ask those and any other questions you may have. I am BIC, although my parents were converts before I was born. I served a mission and was married in the temple.

And, yes, I recieved a testimony just like many other people of other faiths receive testimonies of their religion, through prayer and fasting. I have even seen miracles just like others in every other religion, organized or not.

Did I get worn out...absolutely not. I think if you thought your religion was THE only way to salvation, it wouldn't matter if you were worn out, offended, or any of the other reasons you hear why people leave. It is all to make you feel better and place blame on the person who left...the church is perfect, he must have done something wrong.

I have not removed my name from the church records yet because of the strong hold that the church has on people's families and the stigma that is placed on them. The church has done well to reinforce this with temple marriage and such.

I actually had the bishop come over today and he told us we are breaking the line of the gospel being taught to our children and their children. Good, we shall teach them correct principles and let them govern themselves. The church does not hold exclusive rights on kindness, equality, happiness, or salvation. That is my .02 cents.

Very well-put. Thank you for sharing your story.

I am RLDS. And look! RLDS has 100% of the votes right now. B) :P

I am Community of Christ/RLDS myself. But in recent years we have had some splits and new separate denominations develop. The independent churches that split from us go by the name Restoration RLDS. The Remnant Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is one denomination that developed from the Restoration branches movement. The Conference of Restoration Elders if i recall right is one common organization for Restoration RLDS Churches.

I put other in the poll. I consider myself to be a Child of God and that changes almost daily. I like to think it actually just evolves. I'm a student of Comparative Religions, and every time I learn something new, it often goes into my personal belief system. I hope I don't get banned for saying this.

I am a christian and part of a non-denominational church. My wife is LDS which gives me an incentive to indulge my natural inclinations to learn and examine all i can of Mormon beliefs.

Thanks for sharing. If you are not already familiar with the site I recommend that you browse at Mormon.org - Home for a wealth of accurate information about the Latter-day Saints.

All the best with your search for truth.

Oh, sorry. It's a person who goes looking for the missionaries and is ready to be taught. Missionaries meet with so much more rejection than success that having someone come to them on their own is liking finding the proverbial golden ticket, hence "golden contact".

Thank you. Now that you describe it, it makes sense.

Oh, sorry. It's a person who goes looking for the missionaries and is ready to be taught. Missionaries meet with so much more rejection than success that having someone come to them on their own is liking finding the proverbial golden ticket, hence "golden contact".