• Nondenominational Christian
    • Islam
    • Other (please post)
    • Jehovah's Witness
    • Southern Baptist
    • Pentecostal
    • Evangelical

I am a former mormon turned agnostic.

firemormon,, what made you make that choice????:huh: i tried that before i became LDS, but it left me with more questions than answers and not to mention extremely dry without the HOLYSPIRIT!!:( if a doctor told you that you have 24 hours to live , knowing what you know about both spiritual beliefs, would you remain agnostic ???:confused:

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Godless

i tried that before i became LDS, but it left me with more questions than answers and not to mention extremely dry without the HOLYSPIRIT!!

Speaking only for myself, I can honestly say that I'm okay with the fact that there are questions I don't have answers to. I'm not afraid to say "I don't know". Not all questions need answers.

:( if a doctor told you that you have 24 hours to live , knowing what you know about both spiritual beliefs, would you remain agnostic ???:confused:

Again, speaking only for myself, I would remain atheist. The prospect of eternal life holds absolutely no appeal for me.

firemormon,, what made you make that choice????:huh: i tried that before i became LDS, but it left me with more questions than answers and not to mention extremely dry without the HOLYSPIRIT!!:( if a doctor told you that you have 24 hours to live , knowing what you know about both spiritual beliefs, would you remain agnostic ???:confused:

I learned many things that made me realize the church wasn't true, IMO. After leaving the church I decided I had to re-evaluate all my religious beliefs. After doing so, I pretty much became agnostic. To me, being agnostic doesn't mean you know the answers to the questions. It just means you realized it's ok to not know the answers. I can't say whether there is a God or not, but I'm ok with that.

I learned many things that made me realize the church wasn't true, IMO. After leaving the church I decided I had to re-evaluate all my religious beliefs. After doing so, I pretty much became agnostic. To me, being agnostic doesn't mean you know the answers to the questions. It just means you realized it's ok to not know the answers. I can't say whether there is a God or not, but I'm ok with that.

thank you both firemormon and godless for your honest opinions and point of view. i wish you both a happy journey through life! good luck:shamrock:

Hi,

I picked "other". I was raised LDS, but was cast out for sincere claim of the right of legitimate dissent in the church against the current leadership. I do not accept the Wooley or LeBaron claims to authority, but do accept the Second Book of Commandments.

I am always respectful of other people's faith.

Richard

http://www.2bc.info/pdf/Nsustain.pdf some of my insights

http://www.2bc.info/pdf/2bc-fi39.pdf early 2BC revelations

http://www.2bc.info/pdf/PAC.pdf article on the subject of Priesthood authority

Hi,

I picked "other". I was raised LDS, but was cast out for sincere claim of the right of legitimate dissent in the church against the current leadership. I do not accept the Wooley or LeBaron claims to authority, but do accept the Second Book of Commandments.

I am always respectful of other people's faith.

Richard

http://www.2bc.info/pdf/Nsustain.pdf some of my insights

http://www.2bc.info/pdf/2bc-fi39.pdf early 2BC revelations

http://www.2bc.info/pdf/PAC.pdf article on the subject of Priesthood authority

?so are you saying that the rest of us that has been baptized and had hands layed on us since this "error" has taken place is not truly baptized or given the HolyGhost

Can you explain what that means?

Hi MM,

Well, the Lord revealed that all things in the church were to be done by "common consent." If I truly believe that I should NOT sustain the President of the church, do you believe I should be automatically excommunicated? Probably not.

But what if I also wanted the right, in good faith, to seek for a D&C 107:81-84 type trial to settle a sincere controversy over the church President. And I wanted the right to not reject the evidences for such a trial before the controversy was settled. Should that be allowed?

I claimed that right and was cast out of the church. The only charge against me was apostasy. I simply cannot trust what happened was done by the right spirit. There definitely was a spirit of subtle coercion seeking to force me into conformity.

Furthermore, my conscience continues to tell me that the evidences for serious problems in the church leadership today are way too serious to ignore.

Richard

?so are you saying that the rest of us that has been baptized and had hands layed on us since this "error" has taken place is not truly baptized or given the HolyGhost

Hi tree,

I am in no position to judge that matter. I would suggest that you should hang in there and do the best you can. Because at some point the Lord has promised to cleanse His Gentile church and set it in order again. I believe the "Parable of the Pear Tree" which speaks of this.

Richard

http://www.2bc.info/R24.html Parable of the Pear Tree

Hi MM,

Well, the Lord revealed that all things in the church were to be done by "common consent." If I truly believe that I should NOT sustain the President of the church, do you believe I should be automatically excommunicated? Probably not.

I believe that the Lord calls his prophets, and as such he knows better than I who those prophets should be. If I could not accept his chosen prophet, then I could not be a member of this church, because I would believe that the Lord is fallible.

Hi tree,

I am in no position to judge that matter. I would suggest that you should hang in there and do the best you can. Because at some point the Lord has promised to cleanse His Gentile church and set it in order again. I believe the "Parable of the Pear Tree" which speaks of this.

Richard

http://www.2bc.info/R24.html Parable of the Pear Tree

so your saying blacks have not the right to the preisthood and that the faithful partner of an adulterated marriage can only marry a faithful member that is already married??,or could she or he marry a faithful partner that was wronged the same way and still be in obedeince to Heavenly Father? please explain in laymans terms exactly what message is that you are presenting us with so we all can make sure exactly what it is you are saying!!

so your saying blacks have not the right to the preisthood and that the faithful partner of an adulterated marriage can only marry a faithful member that is already married??,or could she or he marry a faithful partner that was wronged the same way and still be in obedeince to Heavenly Father? please explain in laymans terms exactly what message is that you are presenting us with so we all can make sure exactly what it is you are saying!!

Well Tree,

You are welcome to read the 2BC and determine if it is true revelation from a living prophet. If it is, then it belongs to you as much as it does to anyone on earth. The true Word of the Lord is precious.

But I guess I could tell you my understanding of the matter. But what if I am wrong, and do not explain it correctly? You probably better study it yourself and not trust another person's judgment.

Read D&C 132:44. It teaches that if a man is married in the New and Everlasting Covenant of marriage, and he commits adultery then his wife and children are to be given to another man who has been faithful. There is no reason to believe the man has to already be married, but neither is there any reason to believe he could not be married.

So as I see it, the 2BC teaches "Polygyny when necessary".

If you really want to discuss this in detail, you could join this yahoo group which studies the 2BC revelations:

SecondBookOfCommandments Yahoo group

Richard

• 2 months later...