• Evangelical

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sugarbay

Originally posted by huma17+Dec 20 2005, 11:53 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Christos@Dec 19 2005, 08:14 PM

Could you please pray for me as I would like to be baptised soon and I could be baptised if she gives permission.

Yes I will, and keep the faith. :)

Huma, I am praying for you. If all those who can call the temple near them and put Huma's name on the prayer rolls it would really help. Who can withstand the pleadings offered to our Father in THAT magnitude. B)

Guest ToasterOfen

Originally posted by sugarbay@Dec 21 2005, 10:40 AM

Huma, I am praying for you.  If all those who can call the temple near them and put Huma's name on the prayer rolls it would really help.  Who can withstand the pleadings offered to our  Father in THAT magnitude. B)

Actually, I belive it is Christos who is trying to be baptized and asking for prayers..LOL. So, pray for Christos...and put Christos' name on the prayer role.

Originally posted by Christos@Dec 19 2005, 07:14 PM

I am non-denominational Christian but that is because I didn't know what church to join and so left the church of England in a search for the right church.

Though I have now found the church of J.C. of L.D.S. I am feeling very much at home there and feel that it is time that I ought to be baptised.

That is the reason why I left the CofE, because I knew I should be baptised but first of all should find the right church to be baptised in.

I have been looking for 4 years now.

The annoying thing is that I can't be baptised without parental permission as I am 17 and my Mum doesn't want me to become "A Mormon" :( .

So I am having difficulty explaining to her how it is a Christian church and how I feel that my 4 year seach has led me to this church.

Could you please pray for me as I would like to be baptised soon and I could be baptised if she gives permission.

I would ask my dad but he has left our family for another woman.

Though I guess he would give permission I feel it would be wrong to ask him as he never sees me.

I think it’s very good that you want to get your Mother’s permission before becoming a member of the Church, and I believe our Lord would want you to do that while you are age 17, or under the age where you are considered old enough to make your own decisions, but I hope you won’t let your Mother hold you back forever if she decides that she never does want you to become a member of the Church. I was the 28 years old when I joined the Church and neither one of my parents approved of my choice then, and 16 years later they still don’t approve of my choice now, but I did what I knew to be right while considering myself to have come to the age where I had to make my own decisions, despite what anyone else thought about it, aside from our Lord and our Father in heaven.

So just hang in there, trying to set as good an example for them as you can, while praying that our Lord will help you to know and to do His will. :)

that is so awesum that you're deeply considering joining the LDS church. let me tell you - i luv it and it's brought nothing but joy into my life.

yes, i think if you can get your mother's permission, the Lord would prefer that. i will be praying for her heart to be softened by the Spirit. just keep on trying and enduring to the end. that's all the Lord asks for.

have you had the missionaries over to your house before? i don't know if your mother would be okay with this, even if you say it's casual. i've known people who have taught at other people's houses with the missionaries and it's amazing to see how the parents gradually ease into it. good luck with that. like i said, you'll be in my prayers!

Guest Taoist_Saint

I'm an inactive LDS.

I accept the basic moral teachings of Christ, but also believe morality is complex and goes beyond his teachings.

I am agnostic but leaning toward belief in a Creator God of some kind..."Deism".

I am not a "Creationist"...in my view, Evolution is a very good example of a real "Intelligent Design". If there was a Creator, I believe that he designed us through evolution.

Most of my beliefs lean toward Zen Buddhism and Taoism.

Thanks for praying.

Whe have had the missionaries round for a few weeks so far but she doesn't want them coming round on Monday but I need to see them so I told her that as she is the one who invited them in the first place (which she did) she should also be the one to dismiss them as it isn't my house.

If you hire a maid you are also the one who fires the maid.

Anyway this Monday we will have the bishop round about the baptism to go through some more teaching.

This would be funny to tell her as she thinks of bishops as being like those in a protestant church.

:P

pic of our arch bishop

I am of the belief that Jehoshua, and his 'Father' were transmutated beings who were responsible for seeding this planet, along with innumerable past civiliations in this part of the Universe. They were given the technical know how and privy to hyperdimensional manipulation, which is what makes up everything, including them. I believe that 'Lucifer' was another of their firstborn, who wanted this knowledge of engineering but was kicked out by his father and only allowed certain powers for a time being. Evidence shows that in this solar system, there is arche extra terrestrial artifacts that litter the Gustav Basin on Mars, and miles high Glass domes on the earths moon, as well as Gematria that can be found on Mars, our Moon, our Earth, and possible on other planets and Moons found in this solar system. Intelligent design as Taoist Saint mentioned, is a theory that deserves as much consideration as Evolution does. 'The Gods' didnt use magic and spells and utter chants and words to create things, they used their knowledge and technical know how to 'Engineer' life and masses. However, they themselves werent the first to know this. It was passed on to them, from someone else. The Gods as we call them, are not really Gods, as they are transmutated, hyperdimensionally transformed beings, much like us, but with 13 trillion years of schooling behind them, had enough time to bring about what we are all aware of in this 'neck of the woods' of the Universe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I believe in slackerism. Which means I've sinned by having put forth the effort to proclaim my religion.

Actually, when I was in high school, a group of friends and I were considering formally creating a religion called Slackerism in which we would claim that doing homework was against our religion. We began formalizing the doctrine when we realized that it was against our religion to both formalize our doctrine and to organize a religion. So, in order to keep consistent with our religious beliefs we had to give up on our religion. And then we were too lazy to be sad about it.

Edited by MarginOfError

My husband of 33 years and I are Roman Catholic.

We are open to learning and studying other faith traditions than our own.

I have found some great people on this board.

-Carol

That's great! I have some good friends who are Roman Catholic and many more who I've meet on the Internet. They're all amazing, wonderful people. I'm glad you're here.

Guest TheLutheran

I prefer to remain anonymous. :roflmbo:

I was born and raised a Missouri-Synod Lutheran. Farmerhubby was raised in a non-denominational congregation with Mennonite persuasion. WE now attend an Evangelical Lutheran Church of America congregation. I'm here with an open mind and heart to learn about the LDS faith tradition because our youngest daughter is dating an LDS boy. :o